speedkilz88

Reaction score
otftgbcthx19ffvkwfcu.jpg

d3bhirikvjldzwoxwtxz.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More like it took me 2 weeks to realize you were clueless.. Hence why I clued you in.

“Clueless” is the guy that took two weeks digging to try to cone up with an excuse for his foolish, misguided, unsubstantiated claims.

I can hammer you repeatedly and quote your original comment if you want, just say the word.
:hammer:

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Focus on build, not weight.

From scouting reports: "Incredibly thin frame w/ basketball player legs. Unlikely to have the versatility to play DE...Not particularly bendy and will have a hard time turning the corner around linemen. Lacks the shock in his hands to knock back tackles.....Struggles to get off blocks and make an impact in the run game."

Don't see him making it in the NFL. Skinny guys just don't work on the DLine.

Jason Taylor was skinny as all get out.

And FYI - I already stated in earlier post that I'd play Barno at LB due to having very little experience at DE.

kskboys

Reaction score
Jason Taylor was skinny as all get out.

And FYI - I already stated in earlier post that I'd play Barno at LB due to having very little experience at DE.
There's one. And thousands of skinny players who don't work out because they're too skinny.

Man, you must really like this dude, going out of your way to defend him!! I dammmm sure hope you're right and he's a stud amongst studs!!! How's his lateral agility and burst and ability to get off blocks?

Batman1980

Reaction score
There's one. And thousands of skinny players who don't work out because they're too skinny.

Man, you must really like this dude, going out of your way to defend him!! I dammmm sure hope you're right and he's a stud amongst studs!!! How's his lateral agility and burst and ability to get off blocks?
Thick build grants him some flexibility to play from tight alignments.

— Good explosiveness off the snap.

— Above-average length. Can keep OL out of his frame and extend his arms with some power.

— Nimble feet. Can redirect with ease and play in space better than his frame suggests.

— Flashes powerful hands and has a good outside-to-inside stab.

— Powerful bull rush and inside moves. Plays with good leg drive.

— Good vision for causing terror in the run game. Finds the backfield

Source - Bleacherreport

Reactions: BAT

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The NFL has seen busts, HOF players who supposedly would be mediocre NFL players and everything in between.

Williams has some physicals and intangibles. Faults too.

Like any player, I'll give him a chance....

Reactions: BAT

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

LOL

You are one hell of a drama queen aren't you?

Get some hormone treatment and maybe your estrogen levels will return to normal.

kskboys

Reaction score
LOL

You are one hell of a drama queen aren't you?

Get some hormone treatment and maybe your estrogen levels will return to normal.
This is one of the strangest posts on here. You need some help, dude.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Spencer was dominant?

I meant Greg Ellis, just couldn’t remember so I said Spencer. No Spencer was not. Tank can play DE but him at 34DE scares me because no one in the history of the league gets sacks at that position. So I think Tank at 34olb makes more sense

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
I meant Greg Ellis, just couldn’t remember so I said Spencer. No Spencer was not. Tank can play DE but him at 34DE scares me because no one in the history of the league gets sacks at that position. So I think Tank at 34olb makes more sense
Ahem....JJ Watt. Aaron Donald.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
“Clueless” is the guy that took two weeks digging to try to cone up with an excuse for his foolish, misguided, unsubstantiated claims.

I can hammer you repeatedly and quote your original comment if you want, just say the word.
:hammer:

The fact I've been talking about Barno and his speed since I started posting on here again a few months ago, several weeks before the draft, ought to tell you I already knew what an athletic freak Barno was.. and my other comments should tell you I already knew Barno was the only one faster than WIlliams.

The only thing you're hammering is your big imagination..

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
I can't at all see how a 40 time in shorts means much as a pass rusher, but ok.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if this kid doesn't dress half the time, nor would it surprise me if Quinn has him and Parsons as the talk of the league early on.

Its reasonable to expect it to fall somewhere in between.
40 times matter. D law ran 4.8 and it shows. The reason he has long stretches without sacks despite being physical, smart and technically sound is, he’s not fast. Mo Claiborne had hands and long arms but ran 4.5. It showed. Speed is t everything but it helps. If d law ran 4.7 instead of 4.8 ( at 251 now 266), he’d get 5 -7 more sacks each year. Sam Williams had d laws size and a d von millers speed. Now he needs to work on the things guys like d law and Greg Ellis had, technique and moves.

kskboys

Reaction score
40 times matter. D law ran 4.8 and it shows. The reason he has long stretches without sacks despite being physical, smart and technically sound is, he’s not fast. Mo Claiborne had hands and long arms but ran 4.5. It showed. Speed is t everything but it helps. If d law ran 4.7 instead of 4.8 ( at 251 now 266), he’d get 5 -7 more sacks each year. Sam Williams had d laws size and a d von millers speed. Now he needs to work on the things guys like d law and Greg Ellis had, technique and moves.
40 times matter only so much as there is a minimum. DLaw's 40 would be fine if he were a bigger inside type rusher. For an edge rusher, it's just not adequate for him to be a top flight edge rusher. If he were the other guy, the #2 edge rusher across from the stud, he'd be great. The Tony Tolbert to Charles Haley.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Barno may run 4.36 or whatever but he didn't play that fast in college.

He didn't play fast against the run or anything.

I think he'll be a better linebacker in the pros, or an edge rusher type like Michah who can play linebacker. His burst needs to be faster. But that's why he was like a 6th rounder. I guess the Cowboys didn't like him that much.

He was also very skinny. But I would like to have looked at him as a WR. I can't see how he can run a 4.3 and not have a fast get off.. but he doesn't. Not in the games at least.

He's very light. Not sure how much weight his frame lets you put on. But he's still an interesting prospect, as a late-round traits guy.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
By the way, I think chances are Barno won't be all that great as a rookie. I think you can find a role for a guy like that, though. Even if it's at safety. Or something. I always had him as a 5th or 6th round talent.

Maybe you'd reach for him if you had a special role in mind. But any role on the defensive front that I can think of and I'd have him gaining a little weight. Then again, a guy that fast, with those skills on the line, I'd be tempted to look at him at safety some.. just for fun.

But he was always really just my pet cat because of his traits. VA is correct, some of it never really showed up in the games. But that is what NFL coaching is for.