Pro Wrestling Updates

rags

Reaction score
Shaq is already signed to wrestle in a tag match soon. Might we see a Big Show vs. Shaq match somewhere down the road?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe so. But, I'd still like to see it. Not on a PPV, though.

Battle of the behemoths are usually a big attraction in wrestling, there is undoubtedly a circus element to the business and seeing larger than life human beings. But they also present an inherent challenge in that the participants involved are typically not very athletic. And at their respective ages, I don't expect Wight and particularly Shaq - who has never formally trained to wrestle - to put on much of a match.

And spoiler alert - Wight would undoubtedly take the fall.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Go to a site called www.ringsidenews.com. I think they are reporting that the injury is legit.

So much for wrestling being fake.

Reading the article, it indicates that if it is a real injury, it didn’t happen during that match. They’re speculating that it’s to cover a potentially real injury she already had that might need surgery. And they seem to be the only ones thinking that.

They seem to be using ‘injuries’ in several storylines in NXT recently.

I’m wondering how all of these recent recruits will affect NXT?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You want to see a text-book example of ring psychology and story telling in action?

Watch this 6-man tag from 1978 in the Mid Atlantic territory...

Masked Superstar, Ric Flair & Harley Race Vs. Wahoo McDaniel, Dick Murdock and Blackjack Mulligan.

At the time Flair and Mulligan were have a feud... With Flair putting a "bounty" on Mulligan.

Superstar was one of the guys trying to collect the bounty.

Flair and Wahoo had a history prior to this match.

Murdoch even in '78 had a reputation as one of the top talents in the business.

And Harley was NWA world champ.

Anyway a great match.

And a clean pin to end it.

rags

Reaction score
Looks like NXT is moving from Wednesdays to Tuesdays beginning on April 13th, right after Wrestlemania.

cowboyec

Reaction score
You want to see a text-book example of ring psychology and story telling in action?

Watch this 6-man tag from 1978 in the Mid Atlantic territory...

Masked Superstar, Ric Flair & Harley Race Vs. Wahoo McDaniel, Dick Murdock and Blackjack Mulligan.

At the time Flair and Mulligan were have a feud... With Flair putting a "bounty" on Mulligan.

Superstar was one of the guys trying to collect the bounty.

Flair and Wahoo had a history prior to this match.

Murdoch even in '78 had a reputation as one of the top talents in the business.

And Harley was NWA world champ.

Anyway a great match.

And a clean pin to end it.

ric flair and harley race were gold.
i hated both as a kid.
i love their matches....and the ones each had with dusty rhodes...who was always one of my favorites.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ric flair and harley race were gold.
i hated both as a kid.
i love their matches....and the ones each had with dusty rhodes...who was always one of my favorites.

They were both great in their own ways of getting you to hate them.

Flair was a genius at working the crowd.

And Harley put Dick Murdock over with a clean pin-fall.

Why?

Because it would ensure a great return crowd when he faced Murdock for the World Title... You'd have many people believing spending money to attend believing Murdock was going to win the title.

rags

Reaction score
Didn't think the signed wrestler was Christian. Thought it was either Big Show or Kurt Angle.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So much for any momentum AEW may have had...
I haven't watched any wrestling in over a year or so, but did see the "explosion" on social media - is that what your talking about? Because that was BAD! :lmao2:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven't watched any wrestling in over a year or so, but did see the "explosion" on social media - is that what your talking about? Because that was BAD! :lmao2:

That’s a big one, yes, but one of several.