Pro Wrestling Updates

timb2

Reaction score
Yeah we know it's fake.

I figure we could talk of what is going on in the Wrestling Universe.

Back seat drive on story lines.

Good upcoming wrestlers who should become stars.

Talk of wrestling stars of the past,current,future.

Other wrestling organizations besides WWE,

timb2

Reaction score
For me WWE must be on Summer hiatus because to me the shows for both Raw and Smacksown have sucked since Wrestlemania..

Recently the episode of Raw where R-Truth gets stuck in the elevator with the other wrestlers for the 24/7 Belt could have been a perfect time to have that Bray Wyatt Firefly character to show up in the elevator with the lights flicking out and Wyatt appear with all the wrestlers knocked out the and R-Truth begging to be spared and surrender the 24/7 belt,

timb2

Reaction score
WWE
Vince McMahon needs to start pushing Braun Strowman vs Lars Sullivan. A build up of Godzilla vs King Kong.

Asuka being relegated is terrible. She probably is the best worker they have Male or Female. McMahon puts her with Kairi Sane and to me it shows if they want The Iconics to look like Champs they had to put Asuka and Sane on Ice.that is why for over 4 weeks no TV time at all. So Asuka can't speak great English,her speaking is her work in the ring.

Every freaking show on Raw or Smacksown is Drew McIntyre,Bobby Lashley,and Baron Corbin vs Seth Rollins,Roman Reigns, or The Miz. It is getting old..

The stupid angle with The Usos and The Revival is so overdone. That Usi Hot stuff was straight from the 1980s gimmick.Please retire Vince.

Give Lacey Evans the belt. She has great talent to be a top star. Her vs Asuka would be awesome.

Get Sasha Banks back in the ring.

Nia Jax vs Becky Lynch would be a great Pay Per View because there is real heat there.Let them go at it.

Kofi Kingston looks like he has had a pectorial tear because his chest looks so weird.He is too scrawny to be the Champ and the cartoonish New Day crap is insulting.

RING OF HONOR
Not sure where there shows are going? They need to concentrate on the young talent and stop worrying about the egos of over the hill wrestlers like PCO.,The last Alpha male guy,etc. The best to me is Bandido. Put the belt on him.

Please add info or ideas you like or dislike.

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I'm not a wrestling fan and don't care if fake, etc. They need to promote these women a little more esp Rousey. A lot of guys still have a fling there and WWE is missing out big time in that regard. Psychologically, I don't think people care if women are fake fighting, etc though sexist. Steroid beefs thrown fake punches is yawn and insulting comp to letting attractive women do it. Just male science :D

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah we know it's fake.

I figure we could talk of what is going on in the Wrestling Universe.

Back seat drive on story lines.

Good upcoming wrestlers who should become stars.

Talk of wrestling stars of the past,current,future.

Other wrestling organizations besides WWE,

I've been a fan for years, but the product just doesn't keep my attention any longer. I used to watch every week, and now I simply check online results to see if anything exciting happened and find out yet again that it didn't. Vince McMahon is now an out-of-touch old man who feels the need to control everything. He is what so many fear Jerry Jones might be. And it's reached the point to where even with all of the money the company makes, they still can't pay enough to keep people from wanting to leave.

It's s shame because the in-ring performers have never been deeper, stronger, or more diverse. But the people you don't see on-screen fail them at every turn and make the product boring, repetitive, and unwatchable.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I've been a fan for years, but the product just doesn't keep my attention any longer. I used to watch every week, and now I simply check online results to see if anything exciting happened and find out yet again that it didn't. Vince McMahon is now an out-of-touch old man who feels the need to control everything. He is what so many fear Jerry Jones might be. And it's reached the point to where even with all of the money the company makes, they still can't pay enough to keep people from wanting to leave.

It's s shame because the in-ring performers have never been deeper, stronger, or more diverse. But the people you don't see on-screen fail them at every turn and make the product boring, repetitive, and unwatchable.
Informative for an outsider, appr the post.

DanteEXT

Reaction score

I stopped watching the weekly shows and just read what happened too. Well, the two big shows. Sometimes watch NXT. I'll watch most of the PPV's but that's really it when it comes to the WWE anymore.

If my antenna is picking up the station I Tivo the weekly ROH show. Prefer their product over WWE. Occasionally watch some NJPW and am really intrigued by the prospects of AEW.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I stopped watching the weekly shows and just read what happened too. Well, the two big shows. Sometimes watch NXT. I'll watch most of the PPV's but that's really it when it comes to the WWE anymore.

If my antenna is picking up the station I Tivo the weekly ROH show. Prefer their product over WWE. Occasionally watch some NJPW and am really intrigued by the prospects of AEW.

I'm intrigued to see if AEW can actually emerge as a money-making company and offer competition.

I think NXT is the best thing going right now, conincidentally with no meddling from Vince McMahon.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I'm intrigued to see if AEW can actually emerge as a money-making company and offer competition.

I think NXT is the best thing going right now, conincidentally with no meddling from Vince McMahon.

AEW definitely appear to have some momentum behind them with two sold out shows (three if you count All In) and strong PPV buys. I hope that translates when they get on TNT.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Boy that's the nail on the head!

Solid story-telling has gone out the window in the WWE.

The matches have been unwatchable for me for quite a while...

There is no wrestling as I knew it.

It's choreographed acrobatics with every match nothing more than high-points and two-counts.

And god-forbid a clean pin or submission occur.

Every once in a while I catch New Japan... It suffers with some of that too, but the style if far more "stiff" (realistic IMO).

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boy that's the nail on the head!

Solid story-telling has gone out the window in the WWE.

The matches have been unwatchable for me for quite a while...

There is no wrestling as I knew it.

It's choreographed acrobatics with every match nothing more than high-points and two-counts.

And god-forbid a clean pin or submission occur.

Every once in a while I catch New Japan... It suffers with some of that too, but the style if far more "stiff" (realistic IMO).

I miss the old "blast from the past" wrestling threads and conversations that we used to have around here.
:(

cowboyec

Reaction score
Undertaker had an akward fall vs Goldberg at the recent super show....Goldberg went for a move,bothced it and Taker landed akwardly on his neck.
Taker scored the pinfall after a tombstone and Goldberg collapsed up the ramp.
not a good night for Goldberg...believe he sustained a concussion.

timb2

Reaction score
only hope left for Taker vs Sting is the super show.
I want them to bring back a wrestler that he buried in a casket match and the one character that could do it is Papa Shango(Godfather,Machine )....Also Kane vs Undertaker one more time. Or even better Hell in the Cell Undertaker vs Mankind.

timb2

Reaction score
New Japan has some good talent. I like Sonata. I think he could be big in the USA if given the right push.There also is an Australian guy and he would be a great rivalry with Richochet who is being wasted in the WWE.

WOW-Some of the girls should move on. Tessa Blanchard ,you already know who she needs to be paired or battle, Charlotte Flair....The female wrestler who plays Jungle Girrrlll could be a decent worker also. WOW looks so much like GLOW even to the crappy storylines.

Odeo Tai would be a good Japan trio to bring over and take on The Riot Squad.

Last edited:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah that's too bad. Both he and those threads are sorely missed, especially given the current product.

The business of pro-wrestling, especially during the territory era was incredibly fascinating...

From the alliances to the promoters to the bookers to the wrestlers.

There were probably 50+ wrestling shows a night across the US and Canada.

And the neat thing was that you could have a card in a gymnasium in Podung, Kansas that would draw 500 people while the same day 10,000+ would be watching a card at Greensboro, NC– And the card in Podung would have several "name" wrestlers that most would recognize.

It would be like the Yankees or Canadians or Lakers or Cowboys playing a game in your town.