Procter won the best lineman award!?!?!!?

QT

Reaction score
LOL. I just heard that too. I was gonna post that...

arync

Reaction score
Wade just said in his PC that Proctor played the best game of the o line. I hope he just didn't watch the tape yet

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Told you guys he wasn't that bad. Of course the others should be ashamed of the way they played.

parchy

Reaction score
jobberone;2496481 said:
Told you guys he wasn't that bad. Of course the others should be ashamed of the way they played.

You can also tell me that Tony Romo has two heads, but I can see as clear as day he doesn't.

Procter was bad last night, arguably the worst on the line and easily the consistently worst guy there. He was a turnstile.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Well, there you have it. And said in a press conference, no less.

And we KNOW Wade would not lie about this, being a quotable source and all. ;) :laugh1:

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
jobberone;2496481 said:

But he had to be bad, John Madden made a point of showing him beaten by a DT on one pass rush and John Madden is never wrong.:bang2:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
parchy;2496497 said:
You can also tell me that Tony Romo has two heads, but I can see as clear as day he doesn't.

Procter was bad last night, arguably the worst on the line and easily the consistently worst guy there. He was a turnstile.

I've watched it three times now. They all played poorly in the first quarter. It's obvious from my comments that I thought the entire OL played poorly. And I wouldn't argue that Proctor was the best of the worst.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Some how I doubt that Wade seriously believes he played the best. He simply isn't going to kick the guy while he's down. That isn't Wade's style.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2496532 said:
Some how I doubt that Wade seriously believes he played the best. He simply isn't going to kick the guy while he's down. That isn't Wade's style.

While I agree with your statement that Wade doesn't trash anyone, it's hard to believe that he would go out of his way to praise the guy on national radio if there weren't some truth to it.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jobberone;2496553 said:
While I agree with your statement that Wade doesn't trash anyone, it's hard to believe that he would go out of his way to praise the guy on national radio if there weren't some truth to it.

Not according to the "pro" scouts on this board.

You know the folks that watched the game with cheese doodles in one hand and a beer in the other. You know-- professionals. Guys that can watch one play on TV and tell you exactly how each and every player performed at every position during that one play. :rolleyes:

Eskimo

Reaction score
jobberone;2496553 said:

It is clearly a move to take some of the heat off of the kid because of all the pub Madden gave him for ineffectiveness. Flo was our best OL yesterday - whoever was lined up against him was negated most of the day.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;2496511 said:
But he had to be bad, John Madden made a point of showing him beaten by a DT on one pass rush and John Madden is never wrong.:bang2:

:laugh1: Actually Madden was correct in saying the Giants were on to something. They were confused in the first quarter. To their credit they got better.

MichaelWinicki;2496580 said:
Not according to the "pro" scouts on this board.

You know the folks that watched the game with cheese doodles in one hand and a beer in the other. You know-- professionals. Guys that can watch one play on TV and tell you exactly how each and every player performed at every position during that one play. :rolleyes:

Again :laugh2: . Yeah, someone once said Proctor sucks and they saw him get beat and now the poor guy is branded by the entire board. He's definitely not playing at a Pro Bowl level but he's not THE problem. In fact I don't know what's up with that OL.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well I think this is two things. A)Wade sort of going against the notion that Proctor sucks and B) he's sticking up for his player. And Proctor did suck last night but is there something there? DO we expect for him to play better? So if that's the case he did play exceptionally well because frankly I think he sucks and i'm shocked when the Giants lined up Tuck against him he didn't light us up for 3 or 4 sacks. If it was Leonard or Flozell they would've got an F for their performance. But being that much isn't expect from Proctor he got a solid B IMO. Its sort of like if Shawn Bradley scored 12 points in a NBA game. Sure 12 points for Dirk Nowtizki is horrible but for Shawn Bradley that's a pretty solid night.

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
My sense was that Colombo played best. No question that Flo and Bigg had bad games, and Gurode's early snap was costly as hell. rocter clearly whiffed on a few blocks (that even we armchair "professional scouts" could see), but so did Flo.

Honestly, I think he's probably getting credit for that one pull block...which was surprising to me, because he went for the same guy Witten already had down cold instead of the upfield man that ended up making the tackle.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Proctor was getting overwhelmed early in the game but as the game wore on he looked pretty good. He looked especially good when he was pulling in space.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I feel uncomfortable with Proctor but I will say he went up against Jason Tuck a lot last night and Tuck only registered an half sack. No doubt Proctor was getting help from Gurode at times but all in all I did not think Proctor was horrible. I'm not trying to make him into something he isn't but I think the Cowboys can work with Proctor until Holland comes back.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2496505 said:
Well, there you have it. And said in a press conference, no less.

And we KNOW Wade would not lie about this, being a quotable source and all. ;) :laugh1:

Nice call !!:bow: