Projecting Dak's New Deal

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
If you think Dak is signing for anything less than $30 mil you're not thinking straight.

I'm just trying to figure out where everyone is getting this 30 million mindset from. Is it because of the Cousins contract? Just because Cousins got such a large contract, Dak will?

Plus, I'm sure a lot of people are going to be upset if Dak gets signed to this much money. Plus Stephen Jones is a cheapskate so I'm not sure if he'll let his daddy sign him to that much money.

Kaiser

Reaction score
If we over pay it could set us back 5-10 years, obviously because there won’t be much left to build the rest of the team...

As a percentage of the cap, giving Dak 15 Million a year would be the same percentage of cap space that we used in giving Brandon Carr a 10MM a year deal in 2012.

Dak will get more than that, but the effect on our cap space from this move isn't that big of a deal.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'm just trying to figure out where everyone is getting this 30 million mindset from. Is it because of the Cousins contract? Just because Cousins got such a large contract, Dak will?

Plus, I'm sure a lot of people are going to be upset if Dak gets signed to this much money. Plus Stephen Jones is a cheapskate so I'm not sure if he'll let his daddy sign him to that much money.
It's the going rate and he could sign for even more. Agents will keep throwing Daks stats at Stephen. His stats justify that kind of contract. Who cares if the habitual whiners are upset? I sure don't.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
It's the going rate and he could sign for even more. Agents will keep throwing Daks stats at Stephen. His stats justify that kind of contract. Who cares if the habitual whiners are upset? I sure don't.

His stats certainly don't justify that contract. Heck, even Kirk Cousins stats didn't justify his contract. I hate that the Vikings and 49ers gave their QB's these large contracts. It messes up the bar for the other NFL teams and it's giving these solid/average QB's think that they deserve a lot more when they don't deserve more than 22 mil. Hopefully the Jones' recognize this dumb trend and don't pay the QB's/Dak that much.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
His stats certainly don't justify that contract. Heck, even Kirk Cousins stats didn't justify his contract. I hate that the Vikings and 49ers gave their QB's these large contracts. It messes up the bar for the other NFL teams and it's giving these solid/average QB's think that they deserve a lot more when they don't deserve more than 22 mil. Hopefully the Jones' recognize this dumb trend and don't pay the QB's/Dak that much.
His stats do justify it. Rookie of the Year and 2 time Pro Bowler just to start. His individual stats are up there with the other top QB’s.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
His stats do justify it. Rookie of the Year and 2 time Pro Bowler just to start. His individual stats are up there with the other top QB’s.

"2 time Pro-Bowler"- He was literally an alternate of an alternate of an alternate. That's not really justifiable. Plus, I don't really think anyone (even in the NFL) takes Pro-Bowl stats that seriously (at least not anymore). I mean look at the way they played the last Probowl. It was literally a joke and everyone knows that. It's just a fun game.

"Individual Stats": Please show me. I love Dak as much as the next guy and I think he's a solid QB, but going off his stats alone compared to the likes of Goff and Wentz (had they played the same amount of games as Dak), his stats would be below theirs and other Vet QB's. Heck Mahomes and Trubisky (both 2nd years going into their third) are better than Dak is as of right now.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
"2 time Pro-Bowler"- He was literally an alternate of an alternate of an alternate. That's not really justifiable. Plus, I don't really think anyone (even in the NFL) takes Pro-Bowl stats that seriously (at least not anymore). I mean look at the way they played the last Probowl. It was literally a joke and everyone knows that. It's just a fun game.

"Individual Stats": Please show me. I love Dak as much as the next guy and I think he's a solid QB, but going off his stats alone compared to the likes of Goff and Wentz (had they played the same amount of games as Dak), his stats would be below theirs and other Vet QB's. Heck Mahomes and Trubisky (both 2nd years going into their third) are better than Dak is of right now.
Agents do. And that’s a key point about Goof and Wentz haven’t played as much as Dak

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Agents do. And that’s a key point about Goof and Wentz haven’t played as much as Dak

Yeah. Agents do, but Owners and GM's don't. Y'know the ones writing the checks?

If you need more games to pat your stats, thats not good. Goff has almost as much or maybe even more TD's than Dak and he has played 10 less games (I believe). Wentz (though he does get hurt too often, that hurts many opinions on him, including mines). He was on his way to getting league MVP in 2017 though I believe before his injury.

Like I said, Dak is a solid QB and I'm fine with that. But with that being said, he needs to get PAID like an average QB. 30 mil should be for the elite of the elite. Mahomes, Brees, Brady like QB's deserve that. And even thats pushing it.

HungryLion

Reaction score
If Dak doesn’t hold out. Then I am perfectly fine with not resigning him this season.

However, if during negotiations they threaten a hold out. I don’t see the front office wanting it to come to that.

Overall the writer of the article makes some good points. If they can get Dak for anything less than 25 mil a year. It’s a solid deal given his value.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
dak is not going to sign a deal for less than thirty million a year

Stop spreading false rumors. He said himself that they will come to a fair deal. Dak knows that 30 million is not a "fair deal" and his Agent should know Daks worth. I don't even know where this 30 mil thought process came from.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
we will see how it all turns out but he wants the money that's his main goal

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If he wants more than $22M a year, I would wait to see how he performs during the upcoming season against stiffer competition.

If he performs well, then $25M a year is ok. If he regresses then he may have to take $20M a year.

Im pretty certain that you dont make those decisions. More likely your going to have to accept whatever he gets.

Based on current Data he is going to get close to 30 million per season. Anything under that would be considered a bargain based on real data. Whether you consider that the right price or not is inconsequential.

Personally, I think all these prima donnas are way overpaid.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Man I hope we take advantage of the remaining year and extend him this offseason so we can have a cheap QB for the next five-six years instead of just one more cheap year.

Not to mention, each year you wait is an extra $1.5-$3M AAV added to his contract

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Im pretty certain that you dont make those decisions. More likely your going to have to accept whatever he gets.

Based on current Data he is going to get close to 30 million per season. Anything under that would be considered a bargain based on real data. Whether you consider that the right price or not is inconsequential.

Personally, I think all these prima donnas are way overpaid.

Dak = 30 Million Contract = Doomed Franchise for at least 3-5 years.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak = 30 Million Contract = Doomed Franchise for at least 3-5 years.

yep, you trolls said the same thing when he replaced Romo. 3 winning seasons, two playoff seasons, two pro bowls, one playoff victory later, you look dumb.

But by all means cry like a baby all you want. Makes it all the more enjoyable to watch.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
yep, you trolls said the same thing when he replaced Romo. 3 winning seasons, two playoff seasons, two pro bowls, one playoff victory later, you look dumb.

But by all means cry like a baby all you want. Makes it all the more enjoyable to watch.

Not a troll. I'm actually a Dak supporter. I back him every time someone wants to trash talk him. However, I don't support large contracts. This will spell the end of the Cowboys for a while if they give him a large contract and don't have enough to pay the bigger and better prospects of our offense and defense (Cooper, Zeke, Gallup, Gregory, Lawrence, Jones, LVE, Smith) for years to come.