Twitter: Proof of who carries the Cowboys team

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by America's Cowboy, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Cover 2

Cover 2 Pessimists Unite!!!

3,495 Messages
    450 Likes Received
    He's just looking for a seemingly legitimate reason to stop posting once that happens.

He's just hedging his bets.

2. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG "Dak 666" Zone Supporter

10,445 Messages
    15,674 Likes Received

Enough said....

3. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Zone Supporter

14,322 Messages
    21,164 Likes Received
    [​IMG]
    Enough said.....

4. black label

black label Well-Known Member

4,369 Messages
    6,930 Likes Received
    lamburgers bra, what a waste

5. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

3,913 Messages
    4,972 Likes Received
    There's no question Dak is a good QB. The question is can we pay a good QB elite money and still be competitive?

6. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

12,264 Messages
    16,832 Likes Received
    Teams don’t let other teams come within 2 points of winning a game. We had the lead in the 4th against Seattle. Get real my dude. Zeke hasn’t commanded anything since he got paid. Except a large salary not matching production.

7. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

14,974 Messages
    10,499 Likes Received
    Can we have a mediocre or even bad QB and be competitive?

Because right now, backup plan to our good QB is Gilbert what's his face.

plymkr likes this.
  8. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

35,594 Messages
    20,757 Likes Received
    No list is complete without the first Cowboys QB inducted into the ROH. Don Merideth

Typhus and Manster_Mash like this.
  9. USArmyVet

USArmyVet Well-Known Member

2,019 Messages
    3,468 Likes Received

Yes they did. However Dallas gave up a safety in the 1st Half, went 2 straight 3 and outs with the score tied 9-9, and threw an interception with Seattle leading 16-15 and watching the INT lead to a TD which gave Seattle a 23-15 halftime lead. Dallas then watched Dak get sacked on the first play of the 2nd half and fumble the ball to SEA. This led to a quick SEA TD which put SEA up 30-15. After a stalled drive, Dallas went on to take the lead 31-30 but after SEA scored a TD and took a 38-31 lead, Dak led Dallas on an 11 play 49 yard drive but after taking a sack on 2nd & 10 at the SEA 22, Dak threw a game ending INT.

Typhus likes this.
  10. Brax

Brax Well-Known Member

3,408 Messages
    3,069 Likes Received
    So the team being 1 fluke kick away from 0-4 makes him the heart beat of the team, that's not anything to brag about. I get you lets pay Dak 40 million or so and build a great Defense around him, maybe Jerry can hire you and AC to build that defense with all the cap space left over.

America's Cowboy likes this.
  11. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

17,308 Messages
    14,887 Likes Received
    To me it means you can win with Dak if you build a defense
    He can run the offense and be very productive
    But the playoffs require a good defense

12. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

23,471 Messages
    27,678 Likes Received
    if you can't see how important Dak is to this team then i can't help you.

America's Cowboy likes this.
  13. Vtwin

Vtwin Power and Performance

4,087 Messages
    3,216 Likes Received
    I am going to be really bummed if we won the fantasy SB and I missed the whole thing. Maybe I can at least get a commemorative t-shirt.

pjtoadie likes this.
  14. TexasBacon

TexasBacon mancefine

231 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    Yeah let's not sign a top 10 QB and roll the dice on replacing him because he made some uncharacteristic turnovers for a few games. God our fans are so blitheringly stupid sometimes.

15. ShaneFalco

ShaneFalco Well-Known Member

524 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    Fantasy football. LOL

pjtoadie likes this.
  16. rnr_honeybadger

rnr_honeybadger Well-Known Member

6,179 Messages
    8,211 Likes Received
    Not to worry, the church of Dak celebrates mediocrity in all it's forms. They will be happy as this team continues to finish 8-8, praise be Dak the personification of average.

Manster_Mash and pjtoadie like this.
  17. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

8,014 Messages
    13,055 Likes Received
    Here is my dilemma with Dak. I like him, he is a good player and a better person. However, looking at this without emotion, how can the Cowboys pay Dak $40M/year, sustain the talent level around him on offense and build up the defense to where Dak and the offense are enough to overcome (n) points per game?

plymkr likes this.
  18. Adreme

Adreme Well-Known Member

1,303 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    The fundamental problem with the defense can be traced back to an inability to draft. The core of this team right now should be coming from the 2017-2019 drafts and quite frankly they are terrible. You cannot draft like the Cowboys have and be a contender.

19. DeStorm

DeStorm Well-Known Member

267 Messages
    517 Likes Received
    All fans are. Especially the ones that cherry pick what other fans say. I have posted in this thread that I like Dak's skill and leadership. I don't like his price tag. I want a SB and it will take more cap room in other areas to accomplish that. Dak wants to maximize his money. I have no beef with that. I just prefer he maximize elsewhere. Face it, the Joneses have committed too much money in bad contracts to pay Dak 40 million and have enough quality elsewhere to get to the promised land.

plymkr likes this.
  20. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

3,913 Messages
    4,972 Likes Received
    No, we can't be competitive with a bad QB or a mediocre QB with this roster. I totally agree with you on that. We need a complete roster overhaul.

So the questions I would throw back is can we overhaul the roster with a 40 million QB? And with said QB we were 8-8. Without him we were 6-10. So is 2 more victories worth 40 million? That's 20 million a win and still no playoffs.

DeStorm likes this.