Props to Jason Garrett

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. At some point you have to admit that Garrett was a bad OC and a suspect HC and the team continues to get better and better the further he gets away from the offense and game day management.

It’s like magic. You guys really nailed it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It’s like magic. You guys really nailed it.

Maybe you can explain why the FO keeps pulling Garrett further and further away from the offense? He used to be the OC and call plays. Now he does neither.

And coincidentally the further and further Garrett gets removed from the offense, the better it gets.

Cmon Mrs Garrett the offense is much better without your son. FACT!!!!

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
My thinking at the time was that they figured they could beat Washington without showing the rest of the league more of the playbook than necessary. I could be giving them too much credit, but that would be a good strategy, if you could pull it off.
Kinda like playing 3D chess??? lol. Or is it 5D chess now?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe you can explain why the FO keeps pulling Garrett further and further away from the offense? He used to be the OC and call plays. Now he does neither.

And coincidentally the further and further Garrett gets removed from the offense, the better it gets.

My explanation is that that’s just nonsense you’ve convinced yourself is actually happening. He does what most other HCs do, and he’s done s good job of it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
My explanation is that that’s just nonsense you’ve convinced yourself is actually happening. He does what most other HCs do, and he’s done s good job of it.

Thats what I thought, you cant explain it. If Garrett was so good at calling plays and being the OC, he would still be doing it.

He sucks at offense, that is a proven fact. He has been kicked to the curb by the FO BECAUSE he has been terrible.

Why else does 99% of the fanbase want him fired? Which again, you cant explain.

Why doesnt Garrett have a new contract after a playoff run? Again you cant explain it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
My explanation is that that’s just nonsense you’ve Vince’s yourself is actually happening. He does what most other HCs do, and he’s done s good job of it.

But I do agree on one thing. Garret is NOW finally doing for the Cowboys what he does best.

Clap on the sidelines and head slap players. HE is an all pro clapper!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Pre-snap movement, play action, alerts, run-pass options (RPOs), varied tempo and diverse formations -- the Cowboys carried over all the elements that enabled them to score 35 points on the Giants.

Moore has unlocked the true talent of the personnel, as the players are executing well given the advantages provided to them by his play-calling and design. Prescott's 51-yard touchdown pass to Devin Smith (more on him later) was a great example, as the play's design put the Cowboys in a spot to take advantage of Smith's speed to the deep middle with a cornerback leveraged outside:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pre-snap movement, play action, alerts, run-pass options (RPOs), varied tempo and diverse formations -- the Cowboys carried over all the elements that enabled them to score 35 points on the Giants.

Moore has unlocked the true talent of the personnel, as the players are executing well given the advantages provided to them by his play-calling and design. Prescott's 51-yard touchdown pass to Devin Smith (more on him later) was a great example, as the play's design put the Cowboys in a spot to take advantage of Smith's speed to the deep middle with a cornerback leveraged outside:

Are we supposed to be of the opinion that upgrading the coaching staff is somehow a knock on the quality of the coaching staff?

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Garrett is gonna stick with only 11 12 and 13 personnell Groups on passing downs and we dont even have 1 good te. Hes ignorant **.

If we had Zeke and Barkley he still wouldnt run any 2 back formations. Same with slot wrs.

His gameplan is predicated around 2 starting tes dominating passing snapcounts but weve had the sorriest te core in the league for 7 plus years.

Everybody on Gods Green Earth been saying for years the biggest position of need was at Te and he still doesnt draft any lets those scrubs tes we have play every snap even though they only scored 1 td out of 15 games last year.

How can you justify #82 dominating all of the passing snaps when all he has is 7 catches for 40 yards and less than 6 yards per catch. His long is 18 yards so 6 catches went for 22 yards. Thats 6 catches under 4 yards per catch.

When witten retired dozens of sportscasters said hes old and slow and non effective. Now that hes back and down from 9 yard avgs to under 6 ypt those guys a singing his praise out of respect because the talent is G.O.N.E.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Garrett critics have too much time invested to give him any props. Really does not matter what they say or how they feel.

Win nothing for a decade, but start 2-0 this year and you demanding everybody give Garrett props?

How about we wait and see what he does in the playoffs, assuming we make them? Is that too much to ask for? Is that being unreasonable? :rolleyes:

catiii

Reaction score

Clapper had many many many years to do these things on his play design/play call watch and NEVER DID. ....That says pretty much all I need to know about the clapper.. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Fascinating to see all the wriggling and justifying to simply avoid admitting the obvious.

At some point it just gets ridiculous. We’re nearing that point already.

Admitting what is obvious?

I have no idea what you are even trying to argue here Idgit.

We have won nothing! We are 2-0 into a 16 game schedule in the 9th year of Garrett's tenure with 2 Wildcard wins on his postseason resume.

I dont have a crystal ball, so I dont know how this is all going to go down. Maybe we make the playoffs, maybe we dont. Maybe we lose in the first round, maybe we dont. Maybe we make it to the SuperBowl, maybe we dont. So help me out here, what exactly is Garrett being given props for at this point? Any celebration seems highly premature, but maybe I am just missing something here.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Admitting what is obvious?

I have no idea what you are even trying to argue here Idgit.

We have won nothing! We are 2-0 into a 16 game schedule in the 9th year of Garrett's tenure with 2 Wildcard wins on his postseason resume.

I dont have a crystal ball, so I dont know how this is all going to go down. Maybe we make the playoffs, maybe we dont. Maybe we lose in the first round, maybe we dont. Maybe we make it to the SuperBowl, maybe we dont. So help me out here, what exactly is Garrett being given props for at this point? Any celebration seems highly premature, but maybe I am just missing something here.

I think you do know exactly what I’m saying, because it’s the same point I’ve made all along. When I’m talking “wins” I mean “football games.” And we’ve been winning a lot of football games.

When you’re talking “winning playoff games” I’m saying that we have won some, and that the ones we’ve lost haven’t been because of the coaching. And the criticism of the playoff coaching is just rank second-guessing *every* disappointed fan base does and not actual thoughtful criticism. There are a lot of reasons teams fail to advance in the playoffs every year. And this organization has gotten a lot smarter, but it’s far from perfect.

glimmerman

Reaction score
glim--what the heck is wrong with our linebackers?....something is a amiss....maybe a couple plays they have made but not the pro bowlers they were last year....and i hope its start of season not Jelling yet stuff
Has to be the lack of reps. Hoping they will gel soon. Unless the D-Line is getting pushed out of there gaps and it’s changing where the LB need to be.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Garrett never wanted to do both. When JJ made him HC he insisted JG be the OC. JG had no issues and wanted to give those duties up.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Win nothing for a decade, but start 2-0 this year and you demanding everybody give Garrett props?

How about we wait and see what he does in the playoffs, assuming we make them? Is that too much to ask for? Is that being unreasonable? :rolleyes:

I don't demand anything. I have said he has to win and win big. Meantime I'm not going to trash him on a daily basis. I'm a fan of the team I want them to be successful I pull for them and him not against. If others choose to trash him that is fine I really don't care what any other fan does, I don't watch the Cowboys for you or any other fan.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
When the Cowboys lose its Garrett's fault. When the Cowboys win its to everyone else's credit.
always, always, always....its like when we win, its Dak and he is 32-14 but garrett gets zero credit for being head coach of the team.

however, Pederson won and hasn't done squat since Reich left. and he got all the credit. this board was gaga over Pederson