Protest Boycott Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Just look up the last couple of college rape cases where the perp was white and how the judge essentially said that putting that kid in jail is going to ruin his future. Now, find similar cases for a young black/brown male and ask yourself why the same conclusion wasn't reached.

Which care(s) are you referring to? The Vanderbilt football rape case has 3 defendants, two black and one white and the white kid got more time (17 years). Baylor football player Sam Ukwuachu, who is black, was convicted of sexual assault and he got 180 days in jail, 10 years of probation and 400 hours of community service.Ukwucachu's conviction was subsequently overturned. Can I make an argument that the white kid is getting railroaded? Or can it be that every case is different, one case may have more evidence than others and different states have different laws. But maybe you can direct me to which case(s) you're referring to.

Ken

Reaction score
It’s silly to think a healthcare act can take away guns
I'm sure it has to do with mental illness and if you have ever been prescribed a Anti-depressant then you can't own one.

I know I have seen that mentioned in the past but I am guessing.

EST_1986

Reaction score
I'm sure it has to do with mental illness and if you have ever been prescribed a Anti-depressant then you can't own one.

That’s pretty smart to do actually. Seems like the last few mass shooters all had some serious mental illness issues.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yea I know it was not perfect and the price of coverage became ridiculous but a lot of the things in place outside of pricing was really good for the people
Good for those getting a discount on the backs of other taxpayers... screw that.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

You and I actually agree on something?

Did the ground freeze over? Mental illness is a serious issue in this country and we just ignore it I don't understand it. Count me as one of those who doesn't think they should have access to them, and in a big 2nd amendment right supporter

EST_1986

Reaction score
Good for those getting a discount on the backs of other taxpayers... screw that.
The financial portion of it was awful I think we all get that. Just some of the actual provisions put in place were good, it needs an overhaul as does the entire medical field when it comes to billing

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The financial portion of it was awful I think we all get that. Just some of the actual provisions put in place were good, it needs an overhaul as does the entire medical field when it comes to billing

There are some good parts to the AHA along with a few problems. With the way it is now, it is unsustainable. I fear it will never be fixed due to those in the Senate. It is going to have to crash on its own and hopefully then, bi-partisanship can come together and put something out there good for most.

EST_1986

Reaction score
There are some good parts to the AHA along with a few problems. With the way it is now, it is unsustainable. I fear it will never be fixed due to those in the Senate. It is going to have to crash on its own and hopefully then, bi-partisanship can come together and put something out there good for most.
For sure a long road to get things fixed.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
X, you can spout the I didn't produce facts thing all you want. As a well-off black man in this country, I work with a couple of my best friends in numerous outreach groups to young, black kids in our area. We know the deal in our community. And, while it may not be reported everywhere, everyday on the news, there are many people protesting what ails many in our community.

But, what you and many others are turning a blind eye to is the FACT that, no matter how you try to paint the US after the election of a black president is that white people in this country are STILL treated more favorably than their black/brown counterparts. You can pull all the "data" out you like. I see you said Kap doesn't care about those kids. Have you even been following all of the outreach work Kap has been doing in this country and abroad for black people? Google it.

I'll ask the obvious question - are you white? If you are, please stop trying to tell people that you OBVIOUSLY have no clue what it's like to have ever been in their shoes how they should be conducting themselves. If you are white and still can't see that there truly is a white privelage in this country (especially in the Judicial System), then you have blinders. Just look up the last couple of college rape cases where the perp was white and how the judge essentially said that putting that kid in jail is going to ruin his future. Now, find similar cases for a young black/brown male and ask yourself why the same conclusion wasn't reached. Again, if you don't see a difference, you never will and THAT'S what people are protesting.

Great post. Well worded and thought out.

Yes, I know know Kaepernick has done some good things.

My point is that his protest is doing more harm than good. The protest should be focused on something that can really help black kids that grow up in bad situations. Instead the focus is on the police and the message to black kids is that the police are out to get them. My stepson confirmed that as the general take from his friends, black, white and other.

If kids think the police are out to get them, then they're likely to resist if they encounter police which just adds to the problem.

It might not have been the intended mrssage but that's the message that comes across.

In regards to police killings that are not clear cut as justified, the numbers are low considering how many millions of encounters they have each year. Obviously we would all like that number to be zero; however, it's never going to be perfect. Low paid police in extremely tense and emotional situations are going to make mistakes.

Pro football players practice often, are highly paid and generally don't face death in the jobs yet they make multiple mistakes per game.

There are many ways that police mistakes might be improved but making the police out to be the enemy is not one of them.

Things that would help:
More cooperation with police.
Less crime.
More black police in black areas.
Better pay to attract better candidates.
?

Most police have never killed anyone. There are over 1.1 million police in the US. There were 232 blacks killed in the year following the first protest by Kaepernick. At that rate even all blacks killed by police the last 20 years leaves over 1 million police that didn't kill a black person.

Ken

Reaction score
That’s pretty smart to do actually. Seems like the last few mass shooters all had some serious mental illness issues.
Not if you go there...get diagnosed and prescribed an Anti depressant...never fill the prescription. Then you feel fine...then you cant own a gun legally.

A lot of people get depressed after a death of a loved one...go into depression (normal) and then eventually is goes away. They just gave up their rights.

Ken

Reaction score
You and I actually agree on something?

Did the ground freeze over? Mental illness is a serious issue in this country and we just ignore it I don't understand it. Count me as one of those who doesn't think they should have access to them, and in a big 2nd amendment right supporter
Well...it didnt happen because I actually dont agree because of my previous post on this thread. lol

Proven mental illness...i can get behind that though. The problem is...states like California are trying to ban your right based on scenarios like I listed above.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Well...it didnt happen because I actually dont agree because of my previous post on this thread. lol

Proven mental illness...i can get behind that though. The problem is...states like California are trying to ban your right based on scenarios like I listed above.

Well I don't believe someone with a mental illness should be able to carry. As a gun owner and 2nd Amendement rights supporter that is the only issue I agree with from the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.