Protest Boycott Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Because it sounds like you are the one cherry picking the military families that agree with the protest.

I believe this poll would back that up.
Polls are so objective I don’t believe any of them

Reactions: Ken

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
because Obama did not start letting in trans soldiers, he just allowed them to serve openly
You are arguing semantics. This individual was not openly trans while active duty so when the question was asked on the recruiter's questionnaire, "Are you LBGT?" the answer was "no" or the enlistment was fraudulent. Either way, no one but Obama knowingly allowed trans people to serve. Clinton got shifty with DADT but that still did not knowingly allow trans people in the military. It most certainly was Obama that knowingly let the trans people in at the end of his 2nd term.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dude come on, what wrong with trans people trying to fight for us?

Edit: I’ll admit I’m not up to speed in the aruguement you’re having so if the Floaty face is justified let me know
For beginners, they spend too much time hanging around the shower stalls.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You didn't really provide any information.

Black people kill black people an extremely high rate. The rate is about 700% the rate that non-blacks kill anybody.

About 8000 black-black murders per year compared to less than 30 unjustfied killings by police.

Blacks are 13% of the population but commit over 50% of murders. That's a staggering ststistic.

Why are there no protests about blacks killing blacks? Black men are about 700% more likely to be killed by another black man than White men are to be killed by anyone. The unjustified police killings are 1/10 of 1% of the total of blacks killed.

Does anybody care about the black kid growing up in the hood? That kid has a high probability of being killed by another resident of the hood but he is more likely to get hit by lightening than to be unjustly killed by police.

Kaepernick cares more about getting attention than he cares about that kid. Other "leaders" get rich and famous pointing the finger at police. Meanwhile nobody is helping lower that kid's chance of being murdered. In fact there protests correlate with a huge spike in black-black murders.

You can beat your chest all you want and focus on opportunists like Hansen who care about getting attention, but from a practical aspect you're likely increasing that kid's chance of being murdered if you support the protests.

You've had the rebuttal linked. Socio economic factors explain this. I get that you really want to paint this picture where skin color makes someone inherently violent so you can justify your prejudice but at this point its just sad.

You are starting to remind me of flat earthers and 9/11 truthers with how you are carrying on now.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Talk to a Mom that lost a son in war and then tell me it's not disrepectful.

The protests are also disrespectful to the millions of police that have never killed anybody.

You sure like talking for others you have no business speaking for.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You know that's not what I'm doing but you've got nothing else.

13%, 50%.

So you're a mother of a deceased vet now? If not you are speaking for someone else.

Using data derived from the NIBRS and from the census, the effect of economic inequality on the overall violent crime rate and on several race-specific offender/victim dyads was investigated. The results showed that controlling for racial segregation, city disadvantage, and a variety of other factors, interracial economic inequality had a strong positive effect on the overall violent crime rate, and more specifically, on the Black-on-Black crime rate. Additionally, racial segregation predicted White-onBlack crime. The results of this analysis buttressed two basic theses derived from the work of Blau and his colleagues and by Messner and Golden (1992). In agreement with the relative deprivation thesis, both the overall violent crime rate and the Black-on-Black crime rate were predicted by the measure of economic inequality (income inequality) generally employed in prior studies. Consistent with the macrostructural theory of intergroup relations, racial segregation was shown to be associated inversely with one of two forms of interracial crime, White-on-Black crime. This finding supported P.M. Blau's (1977) thesis that intergroup contact of any kind decreased as segregation (as a form of inequality) increased. The results of this analysis showed clearly that the effects of economic inequality on rates of violent crime were consistent with the work of Blau and his associates. The failure of prior research to unearth evidence that established a relationship between Black crime rates and economic inequality was most likely due to the methodological limitations outlined earlier,namely, the use of homicides as a measure of crime. The use of the four dyads had provided a richer framework for exploring the effects of economic inequality and the way in which these effects differed by dyad grouping. The vast majority of studies conducted to date restricted their attention to models that allowed for an economic inequality-crime effect, but that precluded the prospect of race-specific inequality influencing race-specific offender/victim crime dyads. Further, if one was to accept the relative deprivation thesis, the current study also provided insight as to how economic inequality might inspire Black crime. As proposed originally by J.R. Blau and Blau (1982), interracial economic inequality appeared to be more salient for understanding variation in Black crime than intraracial predictors. As J.R. Blau and Blau (1982, p. 119) argued, “great economic inequalities generally foster conflict and violence, but ascriptive inequalities do so particularly.” While the logic that Blacks make social comparisons to other Blacks may be intuitive and appealing, the current study had furnished further support for recognizing the importance of race as an ascriptive status in shaping the lives of Black citizens (Massey & Denton, 1994). These findings had contributed to a clarification of the relative deprivation thesis— the process appeared to be triggered by race-based differences in wealth and economic resources. While intraracial inequality might cause envy, it appeared that the perception that inequality and access to wealth and economic resources was connected to race engendered a much more poisonous set of reactions (hostility, frustration, and anger) that was associated with violent crime. On the other hand, if one were to accept a structuralbased explanation of economic inequality, the findings reported in this study suggested that interracial inequality measures might provide the best means for capturing the relative disadvantages that Blacks face in the workplace. Greater differences in White-Black inequality were associated with increases in Black violent crime, all things being equal. Hence, whether one was to accept relative deprivation or the structural thesis, race permeates the economic inequality-violent crime relationship, as an individual ascriptive characteristic, an important marker of social structure, and as a collective identity.

https://www.hoplofobia.info/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/2006-Race-and-Crime.pdf

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You've had the rebuttal linked. Socio economic factors explain this. I get that you really want to paint this picture where skin color makes someone inherently violent so you can justify your prejudice but at this point its just sad.

You are starting to remind me of flat earthers and 9/11 truthers with how you are carrying on now.

No, it's not about skin color per se. Take the black kid out of the hood in America and raise him in Japan away from the American black sub-culture and he'll prosper. It's a culture issue not a genetic issue.

Yes, crime does correlate with low income but not to the extremes of 13%-50%.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Sorry...nice try at spin though. I would imagine it is difficult to find that many "liberals" that can form an opinion on sports...lol

The important stat of the makeup of the survey is 43% Republican and 40% Democrat.

It is about as fair as you can make it. Flip those and the results are the same.

You're clueless and you're discussing these topics with many who folk who are probably "liberals". And putting the word in " " does nothing, but make you look like a self righteous jackass.

By your logic "liberals" would be hard pressed to find anyone who is a conservative that is college educated.

But we both know those statements are not true. See how ridiculous you sound?

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Personally, I think it's cute the pro Kap crowd and the pro 45 crowd are able to get together and find common ground in protesting the NFL.

As for the actual question in hand, I'm watching the NFL regardless. I don't care if Dak Prescott, Jason Witten, or Zeke stand, sit, kneel, remain on the field, stay in the locker room or whatever.... Jerry could come out and do a pro or anti 45 speech, snorting coke off a strippers *** draped in an American flag, and I'm still watching the damn game.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
No, it's not about skin color per se. Take the black kid out of the hood in America and raise him in Japan away from the American black sub-culture and he'll prosper. It's a culture issue not a genetic issue.

Yes, crime does correlate with low income but not to the extremes of 13%-50%.
They say its not about the flag or the anthem but they keep kneeling during the song

They say it is about fighting for racial injustice but can't point to any credible evidence of systemic police discrimination....... when you produce reams of real stats they call you racist.......same old same old

And what is the goal, the end game......... and what does it have to do with football.......

Kap was just a has been backup QB with a thirsty pseudo-celeb girlfriend that used the NFL stage to get the attention they craved as newly formed SJWs........ all of his various complaints are so contrived and unoriginal ......Cops, Castro, Capitalism, Christianity and Caucasians....boo hoo

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Dude come on, what wrong with trans people trying to fight for us?

Edit: I’ll admit I’m not up to speed in the aruguement you’re having so if the Floaty face is justified let me know

I'm pretty sure anything associated with Obama is bad.

Hey poor folks and those with preexisting conditions - we are going to give you more affordable health care! That's awesome, what is the right calling it "Obamacare!" Not interested (oh, but actually we don't wanna lose the benefits)

Ken

Reaction score
You're clueless and you're discussing these topics with many who folk who are probably "liberals". And putting the word in " " does nothing, but make you look like a self righteous jackass.

By your logic "liberals" would be hard pressed to find anyone who is a conservative that is college educated.

But we both know those statements are not true. See how ridiculous you sound?
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/nypo...l-beliefs-are-linked-to-pyschotic-traits/amp/

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/nypo...l-beliefs-are-linked-to-pyschotic-traits/amp/

That's your response?

Confirmed: Clueless

Challenges his claim of "liberals" can't form an opinion on sports, and gets a response about physiological behavior from a right wing publication.

Oh the irony :rolleyes:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Prove it. I just showed where the rate of violence was predicted. You are long on assertions and short on proof as usual.
You link is not proof.

Do you really want to get into a "link war". There are plenty of link that I can post but I like the ones where I can see the numbers like 13-50.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You link is not proof.

Do you really want to get into a "link war". There are plenty of link that I can post but I like the ones where I can see the numbers like 13-50.

So you cannot prove your assertion nor address the study I linked directly.

In agreement with the relative deprivation thesis, both the overall violent crime rate and the Black-on-Black crime rate were predicted by the measure of economic inequality (income inequality) generally employed in prior studies.

You have provided nothing. If that is where you want to let it stand then that is fine with me.

EST_1986

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure anything associated with Obama is bad.

Hey poor folks and those with preexisting conditions - we are going to give you more affordable health care! That's awesome, what is the right calling it "Obamacare!" Not interested (oh, but actually we don't wanna lose the benefits)
The Affordable Health Care Act was branded Obamacare purposely to vilify it to those too uneducated or stubborn to realize it was (mostly) good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.