PS4 vs Xbox One

Smith22

Reaction score
Microsoft announced that the new headset and the charge and play kit will costs you an additional $50 total. Sony will include their headset and charger at no additional cost to the consumer.

I was a big fan of ps2 gaming (mostly madden), then kind of bailed on consoles when we had children. A few years later, my father in-law won a free xbox 360 at a company picnic and that brought me back to gaming. I got enjoyment of seeing my son become a gamer and I rediscovered my passion for gaming and I dove into the Call of Duty franchise.

Well, this weekend I decided to go with my gut and preorder the ps4. It just sounds like it has a bit more power, it will save me $150 or more. Also, the PSN is network is $10 less per year than Xbox live.

In my opinion, microsoft really screwed up by getting away from the core gaming community and it will cost them in the long run. Yeah, they back tracked after negative feeedback, but it was too little too late for me. I don't want my console to be an entertainment center, I want to play games with my children and enjoy them.

Ren

Reaction score
Will eventually get both was planning on going PS4 first then pick up a XB1 later at some point, but seeing as i am moving to the US in October and i hear most places there have already stopped taking preorders i might end up getting a XB1 first instead

Smith22

Reaction score
Will eventually get both was planning on going PS4 first then pick up a XB1 later at some point, but seeing as i am moving to the US in October and i hear most places there have already stopped taking preorders i might end up getting a XB1 first instead

You can still order the ps4 at most stores/websites. Also, I think you can still preorder the xbox one at walmart and target.

If you aren't moving until October, I doubt either will be available via preorder.

Ren

Reaction score
Nothing ever sold out like that here so it's not something i have ever had to think about not sure i can preorder from here when i don't have a address in the US yet

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
PS4 is still available to pre-order at Gamestop. At least at the location in my hometown.

I went PS4. It was really a very simple decision as I'm not at all interested in an entertainment system. I want a gaming console, nothing more.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Im going with Xbox 1.

All my friends are playing Xbox so ill stick with it just for that reason alone.

Disapointed that they can't throw in a mic after charging an extra 100 bucks more than the PS4 and giving me a kinect that I don't want.

Smith22

Reaction score
Im going with Xbox 1.

All my friends are playing Xbox so ill stick with it just for that reason alone.

Disapointed that they can't throw in a mic after charging an extra 100 bucks more than the PS4 and giving me a kinect that I don't want.

Luckily I only play online with a few friends/family, and I know one of them is jumping to the PS4 for sure. Another is thinking really hard about it.

Hoss

Reaction score
I have both current systems and one thing is for sure, Xbox live is hands down the better multiplayer of the two. Its not even a contest.
If your an online gamer, you will be doing yourself a disservice if you go PS4.
This has been just like the last generation pre-launch. By that I mean everyone says the Sony is more powerful, they care about gaming, etc...., but its obvious who people chose, the xbox.
This generation will be no different.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I have both current systems and one thing is for sure, Xbox live is hands down the better multiplayer of the two. Its not even a contest.
This has been just like the last generation pre-launch. By that I mean everyone says the Sony is more powerful, they care about gaming, etc...., but its obvious who people chose, the xbox.

From what I have read, Sony screwed itself by not having enough RAM dedicated to the base operating system. As a result they couldn't provide party chat which is an absolutely huge deal.

Supposedly for the PS4 Sony will dedicated 3.5 of the 8GB of ram to the base operating system. MS will be dedicating 3 of 8. On the one hand you have more power for the base operating system on the PS4 but on the other you have more power for the gaming in the XBOX.

I think the gap will close between the online service of the two consoles. Sony will be putting a huge amount of money into their network as soon as they start charging for it but XBOX has a pretty significant head start in the online aspect.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
PS4 will surpass the X1 and I think everyone knows that unless you are a fanboy of either systems. I'm just going to wait it out, stick with my PS3 and watch the war unfold.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
FWIW, I haven't paid more than $40 for a XBOX Live 12 month card in a number of years. You check around and cards are always on sale. Buy.com on ebay often has them in the $30-$35 price range.

One complaint I haven't quite understood is the "entertainment center" complaint. It's going to play games, both systems will. I don't know why people are jumping to the conclusion that either console is more of a gaming machine than the other. They'll both play games and both do a bunch of other stuff to. I just don't get it. Seems a lot like going to a car lot and looking at the nice interior, GPS, entertainment package and all that other stuff and then asking the salesman if the car drives.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
PS4 will surpass the X1 and I think everyone knows that unless you are a fanboy of either systems. I'm just going to wait it out, stick with my PS3 and watch the war unfold.

I'm not really sure why it even matters which one sells more. Are people so hard up for self-confirmation that they actually back their purchasing habits by popular opinion just to avoid buyers remorse?

Pick which one best suits you and enjoy it.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
I'm not really sure why it even matters which one sells more. Are people so hard up for self-confirmation that they actually back their purchasing habits by popular opinion just to avoid buyers remorse?

Pick which one best suits you and enjoy it.

They are. As tempting as it is to buy one of the systems I think its smart to not get one right away.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
They are. As tempting as it is to buy one of the systems I think its smart to not get one right away.

I likely won't get one at launch. I don't think the game selection for either will be all that great and I don't play all that many different games.

Not to mention, Batman Arkham Origins and BF4 are coming out just a month or so before the new systems do. I'll probably still be playing those games. And probably still be playing Borderlands 2 as they just said they're going to add more content in the fall.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
I likely won't get one at launch. I don't think the game selection for either will be all that great and I don't play all that many different games.

Not to mention, Batman Arkham Origins and BF4 are coming out just a month or so before the new systems do. I'll probably still be playing those games. And probably still be playing Borderlands 2 as they just said they're going to add more content in the fall.

I was watching something on youtube about the PS4 and X1 and they were saying how every game similarly to every movie now-a-days is a sequel. There are no original games anymore. It's always ____ 2 or _____ 3. With the exception of a few games of course but I do have to agree on that.

Wheeltax

Reaction score
I'm going PS4, and everyone I know who has been an XBox360 owner is going PS4 as well.

As an aside, that story about PS4's RAM allocations was misreported; there was some clarification posted on IGN recently that came from Sony. I'd paste it here but I'm at work and can't go to IGN. :(

Section446

Reaction score
Initially, I'll go PS4, but my plan is to own both at some juncture.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I had an Xbox and supported it because the online game play was smoother and the controller was better suited for me. But there is no doubt about it, I'm getting a Ps4. I can always buy a better controller for the Ps4. I sure in hell don't need Kinect I would never use it. I also don't like the Xbox exclusive games they are garbage, Yes even Halo is trash I don't know anybody that plays that dumb game. I won't go into detail about their terrible changes they tried to implement only to change their stance later...Talk about standing behind their product. Sorry but Sony is the best option, everybody I know is making the switch as well, it's a no brainer.

Smith22

Reaction score
FWIW, I haven't paid more than $40 for a XBOX Live 12 month card in a number of years. You check around and cards are always on sale. Buy.com on ebay often has them in the $30-$35 price range.

One complaint I haven't quite understood is the "entertainment center" complaint. It's going to play games, both systems will. I don't know why people are jumping to the conclusion that either console is more of a gaming machine than the other. They'll both play games and both do a bunch of other stuff to. I just don't get it. Seems a lot like going to a car lot and looking at the nice interior, GPS, entertainment package and all that other stuff and then asking the salesman if the car drives.
the entertainment center complaint comes from the way they marketed the systen from jump. The 1st conference focused very little on games and the systems gsming ability, and focused most of its energy on audio commands, tv integration, etc. Sony did the complete opposite

Smith22

Reaction score
I play quite a bit of COD on live and it is far from perfect. I think PSN will have some growing pains, but with the money coming in from PSN charging 50 a month, I think it will be fine.