PS4 vs Xbox One

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Not a huge fan of shadows of Mordor.

As a Batman vet, the combat is like super duper easy, leaving 0 challenge in the gameplay.

it LOOKS pretty, but at times I just feel like I'm in some big bowl of orcs just slashin away for hours.

Agreed. The game is ridiculously overrated. Alien: Isolation is the better game.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
You got a bargain getting $40 for it...they will release another one in 16 I'm sure after correcting the mistakes so nice move on that flip. Metro is on par with Bioshock as the best FPS out there (story driven and options regarding weapons/strategy) and can almost guarantee you will enjoy it if new to the series. Just finished WD and appreciate ya not telling me about ACT 5;) (punks) but enjoyed what I got out of the game. Heard mixed reviews on Alien but have that in backlog too bc wanna finish some others. Swear Madden CF has kept me the most occupied after giving it so much grief over the years post 2k5 ugliness. Deftly recommend picking up S of M used once price drops if you need an action game fix.

Didn't want to spoil act V for you. :)

At least you got through your grind and got to see the ending. It was a good storyline that got bogged down with too much outside stuff as we've both mentioned before.

I've been thinking about S of M but I'm thinking if I get anything other than Evil Within and Far Cry (Both of which I've already paid off the pre-orders on) it will be the newest Madden. I'm really looking for a Madden fix again now.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Agreed. The game is ridiculously overrated. Alien: Isolation is the better game.

Hearing a lot of good things about Alien: Isolation

I don't know about getting it. I watched the trailer and stuff and it just didn't really seem to get me too interested. I might pick it up later though. I am hearing great stuff about it.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Didn't want to spoil act V for you. :)

At least you got through your grind and got to see the ending. It was a good storyline that got bogged down with too much outside stuff as we've both mentioned before.

I've been thinking about S of M but I'm thinking if I get anything other than Evil Within and Far Cry (Both of which I've already paid off the pre-orders on) it will be the newest Madden. I'm really looking for a Madden fix again now.

Yeah picking up S of M would b overkill after Evil Within out tomorrow and FC also being a bigger open world game type (similar to S of M). Madden still has its faults but it has greatly improved over the last 5 years + and would recommend it. I have Tom Landry as my HC:D and there are a lot of online community files for rosters/sliders/playbooks that cater to your specific preferences.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Not a huge fan of shadows of Mordor.

As a Batman vet, the combat is like super duper easy, leaving 0 challenge in the gameplay.

it LOOKS pretty, but at times I just feel like I'm in some big bowl of orcs just slashin away for hours.

I hear you on the Batman combat (clone) and ease working the counters but main fun I'm having with it is the stealth and trying to kill the captains/warlords while trying to avoid those cluster fights your speaking of. The game is relatively easy, but when you have a bunch of level 30 captains/w archers interrupting your fighting flow/combos is the only REAL challenge in terms of skill related game play. They did tone down the difficulty and noticed that until I got to the higher levels where multiple high levels were involved in the same battle; the game was becoming too easy w/o these battles becoming common. The 9.3 is a little too high tbh and surprised, esp considering the hard love shown towards Alien. I see it as more of a 7-8 good action game fix with a limited story (similar to AC more so than Batman in story depth). Having fun with it though and running through it bf AC/FC are out.

Bloodborne looks to be the hardcore gamer fix in terms of difficulty coming from the Dark Souls folks. What's the latest word on ESO? Appreciate the insight into those game play/customization vids a while back (gator)

Last edited:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Yeah picking up S of M would b overkill after Evil Within out tomorrow and FC also being a bigger open world game type (similar to S of M). Madden still has its faults but it has greatly improved over the last 5 years + and would recommend it. I have Tom Landry as my HC:D and there are a lot of online community files for rosters/sliders/playbooks that cater to your specific preferences.

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like Madden it is. I think I'll pick it up today after work actually. I'm definitely looking for some Madden time. It happens every year to me too. Football season starts and I get in the mood to be playing Madden. lol

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I hear you on the Batman combat (clone) and ease working the counters but main fun I'm having with it is the stealth and trying to kill the captains/warlords while trying to avoid those cluster fights your speaking of. The game is relatively easy, but when you have a bunch of level 30 captains/w archers interrupting your fighting flow/combos is the only REAL challenge in terms of skill related game play. They did tone down the difficulty and noticed that until I got to the higher levels where multiple high levels were involved in the same battle; the game was becoming too easy w/o these battles becoming common. The 9.3 is a little too high tbh and surprised, esp considering the hard love shown towards Alien. I see it as more of a 7-8 good action game fix with a limited story (similar to AC more so than Batman in story depth). Having fun with it though and running through it bf AC/FC are out.

Bloodborne looks to be the hardcore gamer fix in terms of difficulty coming from the Dark Souls folks. What's the latest word on ESO? Appreciate the insight into those game play/customization vids a while back (gator)

Really looking forward to Bloodborne. Actually several early next year. Bloodborne, Order 1887, Battlefield Hardline, Dying Light. Those are all titles I'm looking for early next year and then I think Uncharted and Witcher come out next year. Of course the new Batman game next summer. Definitely can't wait for that one.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
The Playstation TV comes out tomorrow and I hope the remote play from the PS4 is an alternative to buying another PS4 console. If it plays just as smooth as the remote play from the Vita, then the Vita is going on ebay.

Has anyone played NBA 2k15? I heard that it isn't worth the upgrade from NBA 2k14. IMO, NBA 2k14 current gen had better gameplay than next-gen.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
2K14 on the PS4 was absolutely amazing. I don't know about 2k15 cause I haven't played it but I have some friends playing it and they like it a whole lot.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like Madden it is. I think I'll pick it up today after work actually. I'm definitely looking for some Madden time. It happens every year to me too. Football season starts and I get in the mood to be playing Madden. lol

Melton, Spencer, Lawrence, Crawford (DT) are Terrors but have noticed a trend as with previous Maddens that the pass rushers on the right side of the screen have much more influence/effectiveness in regards to pass rush. Thought they would've fixed that code by now but seems to remain though those on the L side of the screen (RE/DT2) aren't helpless if controlled but the distinction is unmistakable. Fred/Martin really progress quickly and only real weakness in pass D is Wilcox/Heath @ SS. Be sure to turn off pre existing injuries or you miss out playing with Lee/Lawrence in year 1 of your franchise. Just choose coach mode unless you want to worry about concession prices, fluff, etc. that you have to deal with in Owner mode. That is the only dif bw Coach mode and Owner mode when beginning a connected franchise. Good game 8/10 and hope you enjoy it!

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Really looking forward to Bloodborne. Actually several early next year. Bloodborne, Order 1887, Battlefield Hardline, Dying Light. Those are all titles I'm looking for early next year and then I think Uncharted and Witcher come out next year. Of course the new Batman game next summer. Definitely can't wait for that one.

I said it before and will say it again, the next gen consoles were simply released a year too early. Outside of some obvious gems, the hot titles are all being delayed frequently; making 2015 the year the gaming library will expand to meet the heightened expectations for both consoles. Many ps4/x1 titles also have last gen releases coinciding with release, so this only adds to the argument for delaying the introduction of next gen consoles.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Melton, Spencer, Lawrence, Crawford (DT) are Terrors but have noticed a trend as with previous Maddens that the pass rushers on the right side of the screen have much more influence/effectiveness in regards to pass rush. Thought they would've fixed that code by now but seems to remain though those on the L side of the screen (RE/DT2) aren't helpless if controlled but the distinction is unmistakable. Fred/Martin really progress quickly and only real weakness in pass D is Wilcox/Heath @ SS. Be sure to turn off pre existing injuries or you miss out playing with Lee/Lawrence in year 1 of your franchise. Just choose coach mode unless you want to worry about concession prices, fluff, etc. that you have to deal with in Owner mode. That is the only dif bw Coach mode and Owner mode when beginning a connected franchise. Good game 8/10 and hope you enjoy it!

Played 3 games last night and I'm absolutely hooked already. I love the game. The improvements in the kicking game (Both field goals and Punts) are really nice and I LOVE the new way to pass rush with the view from behind the defender and jumping right at the snap. If you get that perfect jump and hit the square or X button (Whichever it tells you to do based on the player, the defense you've called, and what the lineman is doing) at the perfect time as well you can really get a serious rush on QBs in a hurry.

I am finding exactly what you're saying about how that line is beastly on the game. Through 3 games I have 4 sacks with Spencer, 2 with both Melton and Crawford, and Lawrence just got his first 2 career sacks against the Rams. It's been great so far.

One thing I have loved a lot is the improved AI, which actually does feel improved for the first time. I haven't had to tweak any of the sliders much at all to get a real game feel experience. Through three games I've won 21-9 against the Niners, 24-14 against the Titans, and 21-3 against the Rams. I'm not blowing anyone out, which I love, the stats are very realistic. Especially the passing at this point where I've actually thrown a couple of picks in the first 3 games. I believe I've got 6 TDs to 2 INT's so far.

In Madden's past no matter how I tweaked the game I'd have seasons with Romo where I'd throw 40+ TD's and only 1 or 2 INT's all year. This feels more realistic so far. The running game has been beastly so far. Murray is the 3rd leading rusher although I've only went over 100 with him once (Against Tennessee) but I had 93 against the Niners and 83 against the Rams. The Rams he'd have had a lot more but I adjusted the fatigue and subs a bit more on the running backs so it was the first game that the CPU actually subbed in Dunbar for Murray a bit. Dunbar wound up with about 30 or 40 yards so that took away from Murray's carries.

The one flaw I've found so far for the defense is that they absolutely can't cover Witten out of the back field.

Ever.

There is a play, I forget the name right now, that Witten lines up in the back field and runs a little angled route out toward the sideline and then cuts back to the middle of the field behind the D-line and in front of the line backers. It's a play that is good for 7-12 yards absolutely every single time you throw it because they never pick him up. Through 3 games he leads my team in receptions, yards, and TDs. I've got like 20+ catches, 200+ yards, and 3 TD's with him.

I do have a couple of big questions on the sliders and maybe you'll know to help me out here. I can't seem to ever get a Madden game to fumble realistically. Do I need to slide the sliders to a lower number for more fumbles or to a higher number for more of them? I know last years version it was backwards and you had to slide it the opposite way you normally would (Meaning if you gave the CPU a 100 on fumbles they'd fumble more than if you gave them a 0). I haven't figured that out yet.

Also on minimum speed threshold. I currently moved it to 0 because it was my understanding that was the setting that showed the actual difference in speeds. Meaning a guy like Tavon Austin would clearly burn a guy like Carr in a straight away run. I didn't notice any change though. Austin wasn't able to get open at all and the speeds didn't seem any different. Seemed like slower linemen could still run down faster players. What would you recommend here?

Overall I'm loving the game. I'm absolutely loving it. Stayed up way later than I planned playing this one. I love how you can let the coaches suggest calls and it also gives you a 3 play option based off what the community has been doing and also gives you a three play option based off what you regularly use in the particular situation (for example redzone, 2nd and long, etc). I LOVE that.

Game is amazing thus far.

I'll give it an 8.5 out 10 so far but I think that number just might rise the more I learn about the game. It's just outstanding.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Played 3 games last night and I'm absolutely hooked already. I love the game. The improvements in the kicking game (Both field goals and Punts) are really nice and I LOVE the new way to pass rush with the view from behind the defender and jumping right at the snap. If you get that perfect jump and hit the square or X button (Whichever it tells you to do based on the player, the defense you've called, and what the lineman is doing) at the perfect time as well you can really get a serious rush on QBs in a hurry.

I am finding exactly what you're saying about how that line is beastly on the game. Through 3 games I have 4 sacks with Spencer, 2 with both Melton and Crawford, and Lawrence just got his first 2 career sacks against the Rams. It's been great so far.

One thing I have loved a lot is the improved AI, which actually does feel improved for the first time. I haven't had to tweak any of the sliders much at all to get a real game feel experience. Through three games I've won 21-9 against the Niners, 24-14 against the Titans, and 21-3 against the Rams. I'm not blowing anyone out, which I love, the stats are very realistic. Especially the passing at this point where I've actually thrown a couple of picks in the first 3 games. I believe I've got 6 TDs to 2 INT's so far.

In Madden's past no matter how I tweaked the game I'd have seasons with Romo where I'd throw 40+ TD's and only 1 or 2 INT's all year. This feels more realistic so far. The running game has been beastly so far. Murray is the 3rd leading rusher although I've only went over 100 with him once (Against Tennessee) but I had 93 against the Niners and 83 against the Rams. The Rams he'd have had a lot more but I adjusted the fatigue and subs a bit more on the running backs so it was the first game that the CPU actually subbed in Dunbar for Murray a bit. Dunbar wound up with about 30 or 40 yards so that took away from Murray's carries.

The one flaw I've found so far for the defense is that they absolutely can't cover Witten out of the back field.

Ever.

There is a play, I forget the name right now, that Witten lines up in the back field and runs a little angled route out toward the sideline and then cuts back to the middle of the field behind the D-line and in front of the line backers. It's a play that is good for 7-12 yards absolutely every single time you throw it because they never pick him up. Through 3 games he leads my team in receptions, yards, and TDs. I've got like 20+ catches, 200+ yards, and 3 TD's with him.

I do have a couple of big questions on the sliders and maybe you'll know to help me out here. I can't seem to ever get a Madden game to fumble realistically. Do I need to slide the sliders to a lower number for more fumbles or to a higher number for more of them? I know last years version it was backwards and you had to slide it the opposite way you normally would (Meaning if you gave the CPU a 100 on fumbles they'd fumble more than if you gave them a 0). I haven't figured that out yet.

Also on minimum speed threshold. I currently moved it to 0 because it was my understanding that was the setting that showed the actual difference in speeds. Meaning a guy like Tavon Austin would clearly burn a guy like Carr in a straight away run. I didn't notice any change though. Austin wasn't able to get open at all and the speeds didn't seem any different. Seemed like slower linemen could still run down faster players. What would you recommend here?

Overall I'm loving the game. I'm absolutely loving it. Stayed up way later than I planned playing this one. I love how you can let the coaches suggest calls and it also gives you a 3 play option based off what the community has been doing and also gives you a three play option based off what you regularly use in the particular situation (for example redzone, 2nd and long, etc). I LOVE that.

Game is amazing thus far.

I'll give it an 8.5 out 10 so far but I think that number just might rise the more I learn about the game. It's just outstanding.

You would want to lower the fumble rating in this years version bc I know what your talking about them being flipped in previous versions. It is still hard to get the CPU to fumble on ALL Madden, McClain/Wilcox hit stick does the most damage for me so far. The min player threshold does show a distinct difference when turning the corners on Defenders; esp in open field and when racing for the angle to the sideline. It will seem like the defender has the angle, but if you flat line speed almost directly to the sideline AND THEN turn up field, you will speed right by them when you do finally turn up field. Hope that made any sense at all. Similar distinction is really displayed in kickoffs and drag routes/crossing patterns. If you hit Dez on a shallow cross, and it just him and a LB/S, just try to simply out run them to an angle then cut it up; the D will even be close enough for an attempted dive tackle but doesn't bc of the speed of the player passing them. Wish I was more of a tech guy to show a video visual, but I generally keep the threshold to about 30 and put game speed to slow to maximize the effect of the inside running game and the pass rush dynamic.

This years version has somewhat rejuvenated my love for the Franchise (1st game I really got into as a kid) and it def looks great on next gen. Madden is back!

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
The Playstation TV comes out tomorrow and I hope the remote play from the PS4 is an alternative to buying another PS4 console. If it plays just as smooth as the remote play from the Vita, then the Vita is going on ebay.

Has anyone played NBA 2k15? I heard that it isn't worth the upgrade from NBA 2k14. IMO, NBA 2k14 current gen had better gameplay than next-gen.

I really love the idea of the PlayStation TV (different rooms of the house) if it works as a sub for the PS4 and also as a big screen Vita portal. What really irritates me is the lack of a 'full' library of Vita releases. There are some real gems and power in the Vita but Sony simply didn't support it the same way as was displayed towards the PSP. If the PlayStation TV could include the ability to purchase full games (classics too) instead of simply renting them, or offer a membership option for owning the digital content similar to Amazon., it would seem like a no brainer to most gamer enthusiasts who want to avoid using emulators, etc. Maybe even a backwards compatibility option for PS3 games? That by itself, would be a guaranteed must have for PS4 owners who don't want to continue owning both systems when combined with the other perks already offered.

Last edited:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
You would want to lower the fumble rating in this years version bc I know what your talking about them being flipped in previous versions. It is still hard to get the CPU to fumble on ALL Madden, McClain/Wilcox hit stick does the most damage for me so far. The min player threshold does show a distinct difference when turning the corners on Defenders; esp in open field and when racing for the angle to the sideline. It will seem like the defender has the angle, but if you flat line speed almost directly to the sideline AND THEN turn up field, you will speed right by them when you do finally turn up field. Hope that made any sense at all. Similar distinction is really displayed in kickoffs and drag routes/crossing patterns. If you hit Dez on a shallow cross, and it just him and a LB/S, just try to simply out run them to an angle then cut it up; the D will even be close enough for an attempted dive tackle but doesn't bc of the speed of the player passing them. Wish I was more of a tech guy to show a video visual, but I generally keep the threshold to about 30 and put game speed to slow to maximize the effect of the inside running game and the pass rush dynamic.

This years version has somewhat rejuvenated my love for the Franchise (1st game I really got into as a kid) and it def looks great on next gen. Madden is back!

Excellent information. Thank you on the sliders and the minimum threshold advice. I'll definitely take a look at those when I play again.

I only played one game last night but I beat the Saints to move to 4-0 with a 17-0 victory. I got my first INT of the year (1st one of all. I am not getting INT's like in previous versions where I used to average 2-5 a game) and it was with Carr on a fade route. I controlled the game with running like mad with Murray (140+ and a TD) and Dunbar chipped in around 40 again as well as having pressure on Brees all night long. I wound up with 3 sacks.

I'm loving the heck out of this game.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I really love the idea of the PlayStation TV (different rooms of the house) if it works as a sub for the PS4 and also as a big screen Vita portal. What really irritates me is the lack of a 'full' library of Vita releases. There are some real gems and power in the Vita but Sony simply didn't support it the same way as was displayed towards the PSP. If the PlayStation TV could include the ability to purchase full games (classics too) instead of simply renting them, or offer a membership option for owning the digital content similar to Amazon., it would seem like a no brainer to most gamer enthusiasts who want to avoid using emulators, etc. Maybe even a backwards compatibility option for PS3 games? That by itself, would be a guaranteed must have for PS4 owners who don't want to continue owning both systems when combined with the other perks already offered.

Ok I bought the bundle. I tried to get another PS4 from Cowboom because of the $100 coupon that comes with it. It would be nice to include PS3 games, but I guess Sony don't want to kill off the ps3 consoles. I think PSNow should be like Netflix where you pay a monthly fee for games instead of paying for renting games. PSTV will be more appealing when they include more VITA,PSP, and PSOne games.

I think the bundle is the way to go instead of the PSTV core. You can't beat getting a PS3 controller, downloadable game, and vita memory card for that price. I can sell the items individually and make a profit if I want. Anyways, the remote play was actually pretty good. On Madden there were a few hiccups, but I think it was because my wife was on her IPAD which slowed up the connection a little bit. It responded well when I played the show.

I don't know if people know this, but ToysRus has a deal going on where you can purchase 2 EA Sports games for 70 bucks. Some of us may have these games, but you can purchase them and sell it to amazon or trade it in for a higher amount. I purchased another Madden to sell and bought NHL. I heard the last patch for NHL made it more of a hit fest, so I may like the game. I thought about getting FIFA but I'm not much of a soccer fan and I have FIFA 10 South Africa World Cup edition.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Excellent information. Thank you on the sliders and the minimum threshold advice. I'll definitely take a look at those when I play again.

I only played one game last night but I beat the Saints to move to 4-0 with a 17-0 victory. I got my first INT of the year (1st one of all. I am not getting INT's like in previous versions where I used to average 2-5 a game) and it was with Carr on a fade route. I controlled the game with running like mad with Murray (140+ and a TD) and Dunbar chipped in around 40 again as well as having pressure on Brees all night long. I wound up with 3 sacks.

I'm loving the heck out of this game.

For the INT's I find I usually have to turn into that defender (mid air) and hold down triangle for a few seconds. Church (surprisingly) is my leader in that category but Carr does well too. I find most of the INTs come off of man coverage and the pass rush forces the pass to float or be thrown short; allowing for the angle to intercept. Same with manual receiver catching on outs/hooks (seems like a sure pick 6 if I don't turn into the WR and then hold triangle until the catch is fully completed). I also notice the receivers are much more aggressive if you take control when the pass is in mid air (not messing with the route though, just turning into them and slight angle adjustment @ last second) I saw you aren't having a problem with picks, but I was throwing them all over the field until I made that adjustment so just thought to add on considering the INT reference.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Ok I bought the bundle. I tried to get another PS4 from Cowboom because of the $100 coupon that comes with it. It would be nice to include PS3 games, but I guess Sony don't want to kill off the ps3 consoles. I think PSNow should be like Netflix where you pay a monthly fee for games instead of paying for renting games. PSTV will be more appealing when they include more VITA,PSP, and PSOne games.

I think the bundle is the way to go instead of the PSTV core. You can't beat getting a PS3 controller, downloadable game, and vita memory card for that price. I can sell the items individually and make a profit if I want. Anyways, the remote play was actually pretty good. On Madden there were a few hiccups, but I think it was because my wife was on her IPAD which slowed up the connection a little bit. It responded well when I played the show.

I don't know if people know this, but ToysRus has a deal going on where you can purchase 2 EA Sports games for 70 bucks. Some of us may have these games, but you can purchase them and sell it to amazon or trade it in for a higher amount. I purchased another Madden to sell and bought NHL. I heard the last patch for NHL made it more of a hit fest, so I may like the game. I thought about getting FIFA but I'm not much of a soccer fan and I have FIFA 10 South Africa World Cup edition.

Thanks for the info regarding the PTV and agree it will be a great draw when the library expands to include more ps1/2/psp classics. Some Vita games are very underrated (Monster Hunter Freedom, Toukieden, Soul Sacrifice, Killzone: Mercenary, Wipeout) and don't fit the mold of a handheld gaming device. These titles feel much closer to small-screen next gen system games in terms of graphics and game-play.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
For the INT's I find I usually have to turn into that defender (mid air) and hold down triangle for a few seconds. Church (surprisingly) is my leader in that category but Carr does well too. I find most of the INTs come off of man coverage and the pass rush forces the pass to float or be thrown short; allowing for the angle to intercept. Same with manual receiver catching on outs/hooks (seems like a sure pick 6 if I don't turn into the WR and then hold triangle until the catch is fully completed). I also notice the receivers are much more aggressive if you take control when the pass is in mid air (not messing with the route though, just turning into them and slight angle adjustment @ last second) I saw you aren't having a problem with picks, but I was throwing them all over the field until I made that adjustment so just thought to add on considering the INT reference.

I wasn't really having a pick problem till i faced Seattle.

I threw 3 in that game.

I haven't thrown more than 1 in a Madden game...well....ever. I was pretty upset with myself. lol

It's also the only game I've lost so far 21-19.

I threw 3 picks, including one stupidly ridiculous one that was batted down by a corner in the endzone and some how, out of no where, Bennett comes diving under it at the goal line, from the defensive line, and picks it on the dive at the 1. UGH! Would have won without that stupidity.

Anyway...

This Madden is amazingly realistic. I haven't struggled, per say, but I haven't scored a bunch in games as I noted above. The defenses play a lot better and Seattle, in particular, was mean as hell. I was able to move the ball on them very effectively but I couldn't score TDs. I had to kick 4 damn field goals.

The only TD I scored came with 30 seconds left in the game to get to within 2. First time in my life I've ever tried an onside kick and I couldn't get that done right. lol

I played a far better second half....well pretty much after the first quarter.

This was the first game where I was left wondering what the hell the Madden AI was doing. The first quarter my defense, which is #1 in the league even after this abysmal performance, acted like it had never been on the field before.

They got the ball to start the game, Touchback (Bailey is a beast), and on their first play my coverage was amazing and resulted in a McClain coverage sack. I was thrilled.

Second down they gave to beast mode I held him to 3 yards.

3 and 10 at the 20 and I'm feeling good I'm gonna get a quick 3 and out on the champs.

Nope.

Next thing I know I look up, Wilson is throwing down the sideline. I watch the ball go over Brandon Carr's head and I'm thinking who the hell is he throwing too there is no on in the picture....then boom 25 yards behind the ENTIRE DEFENSE is Doug Baldwin all alone, no one covering him, and he gets a walk in 80 yard TD.

To say that I was pissed at whatever the hell the AI was doing there is an understatement. This jag of a WR was 25 yards behind the closest defender? WTH?

Ok...shake it off....my first possession I'm moving the ball and all the sudden on a 3rd down they allow some one from Seattle to come blazing completely out of no where (And I mean he wasn't on the screen at all) just as a pass is about to hit Bryant in the hands and pick it off. Where the hell did he come from? I don't know. The corner was Sherman, btw, who wasn't even lined up on Bryant's side of the field. I'm throwing a little post pattern on the left side of my offense (The opposite side of where Sherman lined up) and next thing I know he's jumping up in front of Bryant to pick the ball. I don't know where he came from on that play, don't know what they were running that had Sherman line up all the way on the other side of the field and some how during the play he's clear on Byrant's side. UGH!!!

Seattle starts driving. A few plays later I look up and Percy Harvin is 20 yards behind the defense, standing all alone, in the endzone for a 31 yard score.

Again I'm like..***!!! What is the AI got my defense doing that two times, on two drives, a Seattle WR is just standing 20+ yards behind the defense with absolutely no one paying attention to them at all.

So 14-0 after 1 quarter of play. Almost 200 yards of total offense for them after 1 quarter. I was angry to say the least. I mean this is the same defense that didn't allow Crabtree or Boldin to do anything at all. This is the same defense that didn't allow anyone from the Saints, including Graham, to do much of anything, and now I'm to believe that Balwin and Harvin are all world WR that would just magically be all alone 20+ yards behind the defense with no one paying them attention? DAMN IT. lol

Anyway the defense was great after that. I didn't allow the offense another point. Their other TD came with about 3 minutes to go in the half, I'm down 14-3, and I made a really stupid decision to try and get cute and hit Witten a little earlier in a route than I should have, thinking I could get it to him faster that way, and instead #20 for the Seahawks undercut the route and took the pick back 65 yards for a TD. 21-3 and that was basically all she wrote.

I did manage a field goal before the half, knowing I got the ball to start the second half, but it was just a struggle to get into the endzone. 21-6 at the half and then my first two possessions of the second half I had to punt and then like I said only was able to manage field goals till right at the end.

I'll admit I was so mad at half that I almost quit the game to play it later instead but I'm glad I didn't. Despite the loss it really taught me some stuff on the game and the next time I play them I know exactly how to attack their defense now. I finally, late in the game, found the weakness in the Seattle defense, at least with Madden AI.

They are incapable of covering the TE on a seam route. They simply will not, for any reason, do it. They won't rotate to him, they won't try to stop him, they just let him eat them alive for catch after catch after catch right down the seam. Witten wound up with 7 or 8 catches for 150+ yards because they just refused to cover that seam route. Next time I play them one of my TE's will be running a seam route, on one side of the other, every single play until they either cover it or they allow my TE's to destroy them.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I wasn't really having a pick problem till i faced Seattle.

I threw 3 in that game.

I haven't thrown more than 1 in a Madden game...well....ever. I was pretty upset with myself. lol

It's also the only game I've lost so far 21-19.

I threw 3 picks, including one stupidly ridiculous one that was batted down by a corner in the endzone and some how, out of no where, Bennett comes diving under it at the goal line, from the defensive line, and picks it on the dive at the 1. UGH! Would have won without that stupidity.

Anyway...

This Madden is amazingly realistic. I haven't struggled, per say, but I haven't scored a bunch in games as I noted above. The defenses play a lot better and Seattle, in particular, was mean as hell. I was able to move the ball on them very effectively but I couldn't score TDs. I had to kick 4 damn field goals.

The only TD I scored came with 30 seconds left in the game to get to within 2. First time in my life I've ever tried an onside kick and I couldn't get that done right. lol

I played a far better second half....well pretty much after the first quarter.

This was the first game where I was left wondering what the hell the Madden AI was doing. The first quarter my defense, which is #1 in the league even after this abysmal performance, acted like it had never been on the field before.

They got the ball to start the game, Touchback (Bailey is a beast), and on their first play my coverage was amazing and resulted in a McClain coverage sack. I was thrilled.

Second down they gave to beast mode I held him to 3 yards.

3 and 10 at the 20 and I'm feeling good I'm gonna get a quick 3 and out on the champs.

Nope.

Next thing I know I look up, Wilson is throwing down the sideline. I watch the ball go over Brandon Carr's head and I'm thinking who the hell is he throwing too there is no on in the picture....then boom 25 yards behind the ENTIRE DEFENSE is Doug Baldwin all alone, no one covering him, and he gets a walk in 80 yard TD.

To say that I was pissed at whatever the hell the AI was doing there is an understatement. This jag of a WR was 25 yards behind the closest defender? WTH?

Ok...shake it off....my first possession I'm moving the ball and all the sudden on a 3rd down they allow some one from Seattle to come blazing completely out of no where (And I mean he wasn't on the screen at all) just as a pass is about to hit Bryant in the hands and pick it off. Where the hell did he come from? I don't know. The corner was Sherman, btw, who wasn't even lined up on Bryant's side of the field. I'm throwing a little post pattern on the left side of my offense (The opposite side of where Sherman lined up) and next thing I know he's jumping up in front of Bryant to pick the ball. I don't know where he came from on that play, don't know what they were running that had Sherman line up all the way on the other side of the field and some how during the play he's clear on Byrant's side. UGH!!!

Seattle starts driving. A few plays later I look up and Percy Harvin is 20 yards behind the defense, standing all alone, in the endzone for a 31 yard score.

Again I'm like..***!!! What is the AI got my defense doing that two times, on two drives, a Seattle WR is just standing 20+ yards behind the defense with absolutely no one paying attention to them at all.

So 14-0 after 1 quarter of play. Almost 200 yards of total offense for them after 1 quarter. I was angry to say the least. I mean this is the same defense that didn't allow Crabtree or Boldin to do anything at all. This is the same defense that didn't allow anyone from the Saints, including Graham, to do much of anything, and now I'm to believe that Balwin and Harvin are all world WR that would just magically be all alone 20+ yards behind the defense with no one paying them attention? DAMN IT. lol

Anyway the defense was great after that. I didn't allow the offense another point. Their other TD came with about 3 minutes to go in the half, I'm down 14-3, and I made a really stupid decision to try and get cute and hit Witten a little earlier in a route than I should have, thinking I could get it to him faster that way, and instead #20 for the Seahawks undercut the route and took the pick back 65 yards for a TD. 21-3 and that was basically all she wrote.

I did manage a field goal before the half, knowing I got the ball to start the second half, but it was just a struggle to get into the endzone. 21-6 at the half and then my first two possessions of the second half I had to punt and then like I said only was able to manage field goals till right at the end.

I'll admit I was so mad at half that I almost quit the game to play it later instead but I'm glad I didn't. Despite the loss it really taught me some stuff on the game and the next time I play them I know exactly how to attack their defense now. I finally, late in the game, found the weakness in the Seattle defense, at least with Madden AI.

They are incapable of covering the TE on a seam route. They simply will not, for any reason, do it. They won't rotate to him, they won't try to stop him, they just let him eat them alive for catch after catch after catch right down the seam. Witten wound up with 7 or 8 catches for 150+ yards because they just refused to cover that seam route. Next time I play them one of my TE's will be running a seam route, on one side of the other, every single play until they either cover it or they allow my TE's to destroy them.

On those coverage gaffes it sounds like you may have mistakenly hit the (All D gear towards run support = believe it is holding hit stick down when play starts but not totally sure. I hear you completely on the superman DB/LB plays that sprout up regularly. I was the total opposite, I was throwing picks all day by not properly gauging LB/DB hyper-jump ability over the middle. The All Madden coverage can be frustrating as hell, and have simply quit (simmed to end) bc I didn't want the frustration to build over and end up letting the game collect dust. I'm using JMoney's all madden stats right now and have had a few good games with them. I have found that when I'm in the RZ, I generally have to spread them out wide and run (0 Trap = best run play call in the game). If passing, I call a PA pass but audible the RB to pblock. The cpu AI still reads it as a fake (freezes LBs and DBs) for some reason while allowing you the extra blocker (RB). It seemed my seam routes to Witten/Esco were getting ball hawked by S or undercut by hyper jumping LBs. May have to re-look that avenue.