Pump the brakes Cowboy fans

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Much like last year when I cautioned not to over hype the team, I wouldn’t totally write this one off.

Yes, we have our obvious weaknesses in stopping the run and rushing the ball. And with all of the talent we lost in FA while not pursuing to address those losses along with ignoring RB and DT in draft.

But many of us had this as more of a 8 or 9 win maybe 10 fighting for a WC slot.

IMO nothing has changed much. We are exactly where I thought we’d be at 1-2. And I expected us to be fighting to be 3-3 maybe even 2-4 at the bye.

That still places us in position to be contending for a WC slot. 8-9 or 9-8 will be in the hunt.

That’s all many of us expected for a transitioning and lame duck season with the weaknesses we left unaddressed hoping we could develop from current roster, draft and prior draft picks .

It is what it is. We are who we are. Nothing surprising or worthy of breaking news.

foofighters

Reaction score
Much like last year when I cautioned not to over hype the team, I wouldn’t totally write this one off.

Yes, we have our obvious weaknesses in stopping the run and rushing the ball. And with all of the talent we lost in FA while not pursuing to address those losses along with ignoring RB and DT in draft.

But many of us had this as more of a 8 or 9 win maybe 10 fighting for a WC slot.

IMO nothing has changed much. We are exactly where I thought we’d be at 1-2. And I expected us to be fighting to be 3-3 maybe even 2-4 at the bye.

That still places us in position to be contending for a WC slot. 8-9 or 9-8 will be in the hunt.

That’s all many of us expected for a transitioning and lame duck season with the weaknesses we left unaddressed hoping we could develop from current roster, draft and prior draft picks .

It is what it is. We are who we are. Nothing surprising or worthy of breaking news.
I also expected a .500 season. I am just waiting for the media to finally go after Jerry. They hint about it. They tease about it but never follow through. It's like the dudes on the Fan. They talk tough from time to time about blaming Jerry but then Jerry comes on the show and they get all timid. Of course, Shan and RJ are pretty weak boys anyway.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not so sure about a WC spot even. This team is broken right now and I don’t see it getting fixed. It’s a personnel problem.
Yea but half of the league has serious personnel problems . 15 teams currently at 1-2 with 3 more which could join them tonite.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am just being realistic. With no running game, 1 WR, and an awful DL that can't stop the run or rush the QB unless we have a big lead, this team is going to struggle to win games.

Just a reminder. The Cowboys gained only 49 yards in the 2nd half against Cleveland.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I also expected a .500 season. I am just waiting for the media to finally go after Jerry. They hint about it. They tease about it but never follow through. It's like the dudes on the Fan. They talk tough from time to time about blaming Jerry but then Jerry comes on the show and they get all timid. Of course, Shan and RJ are pretty weak boys anyway.
Yea but he’ll deflect . No one in sports handles Damage Control better . He continues to try and stay out in front of it attempting to control narrative.

Part of it is he believes most of what he says .

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Nope, you can go ahead and write this team off. We all know the tells. Greg is just trying to LARP as something he's not - a good person.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This team plays bad in spurts, we will start winning a few games, then we'll lose a few

RonWashington

Reaction score
Can someone explain MM reluctance to run Dowdle at least 15 times and replace Brooks with Flournoy and Carson with Booth . Let me take over. And I’ll say this if Mazi doesn’t improve by yrs end no third yr is coming .

While I’m at it I know Ferguson was a nice safety valve yesterday but where is 6’6” Schoon a number 2 choice , a Wolverine no less in the red zone . The red zone is radioactive at this point .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I am just being realistic. With no running game, 1 WR, and an awful DL that can't stop the run or rush the QB unless we have a big lead, this team is going to struggle to win games.

Just a reminder. The Cowboys gained only 49 yards in the 2nd half against Cleveland.
Yep but not all teams have a Henry or Kamara.

And if we can get the lead early it plays more into our strength. Barring major injuries this team can still win 8 or 9 games .

Half the league isn’t any better than us . Currently 15 teams at 1-2 with potentially 3 more after tonight.

foofighters

Reaction score
Yea but he’ll deflect . No one in sports handles Damage Control better . He continues to try and stay out in front of it attempting to control narrative.

Part of it is he believes most of what he says .
Yes, but people should see through it now. After this years, "All in" comment and then nothing happened, fans/media should know what he's about now. Shame on them at this point.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I mostly agree with the OP, but this is the problem to begin with. We have a front office that seems content with an average team that can overachieve due to a weak division. A team coming off 3 12 win seasons should have their fan base talking about making the next step, not hoping to qualify for the 7 seed. 9 wins and an early WC game loss feels like the worst case scenario IMO. It says this team is good enough that Jerry can sell the fans on a new HC and another new draft class setting up another year of mediocrity in 2025.

Sydla

Reaction score
I said 9-10 wins.

But they look much worse than I thought.

And with a lame duck coach, lose a game like Thursday and it's over IMO.

RonWashington

Reaction score
This team plays bad in spurts, we will start winning a few games, then we'll lose a few

Justin Fields is on the horizon . When he was a Bear they put up points at the Art Gallery . Now as a Steeler he actually has coaching. Game 4 against New Yawk is a must

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
It's like the dudes on the Fan. They talk tough from time to time about blaming Jerry but then Jerry comes on the show and they get all timid. Of course, Shan and RJ are pretty weak boys anyway.
Shan and RJ probably don't want to be held responsible should Jerry yank flagship status away from 105.3.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Get a WC game and then what? Magically play their best ball for an entire month throughout the playoffs? Not happening. If they can’t figure it out quick, the wheels are coming off.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Get a WC game and then what? Magically play their best ball for an entire month throughout the playoffs? Not happening. If they can’t figure it out quick, the wheels are coming off.
One and done probably . But that’s all this team is.

I’m not saying that’s good . But that’s who we are.