Pump the brakes Cowboy fans

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'd rather miss the playoffs and avoid another embarrassing loss.

Give me a higher draft position. Get a new HC.
Yea. Most likely 8 or 9 win WC appearance probably gets MM a 1 year extension. Jethro not likely to fire a HC with 4 straight playoff appearances.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We are who I thought we are.

in fact, I (and many others) predicted who we are.

its gonna get worser.
It could . There was always the possibility of a total collapse .

We’ll know more Thursday night. 1-3 with brutal upcoming schedule could be the beginning of the end for this coaching staff.

But I expect bounce back . 2-2 struggling to hover around .500 rest of season .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes, but people should see through it now. After this years, "All in" comment and then nothing happened, fans/media should know what he's about now. Shame on them at this point.
I’d argue most fans misinterpreted what “ All In” meant.

I think to Jethro it meant signing his big stars like Dak and Lamb. And looking ahead to Parsons next year.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Can someone explain MM reluctance to run Dowdle at least 15 times and replace Brooks with Flournoy and Carson with Booth . Let me take over. And I’ll say this if Mazi doesn’t improve by yrs end no third yr is coming .

While I’m at it I know Ferguson was a nice safety valve yesterday but where is 6’6” Schoon a number 2 choice , a Wolverine no less in the red zone . The red zone is radioactive at this point .
thanks for pointing this out. Dak has not been good...but there are a plethora of problems on this team. A 1st rd pick on a DT and I'm not sure he is any better than a 4th rounder. A 2nd round pick on a TE and I'm not sure he is any better than an undrafted free agent. A 2nd round pick could have netted you a quality LBer. A 1st round pick wasted on a DT could have landed you a quality LBer, RB or OL. You cannot miss that BIG when you don't utilize free agency at all.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It could . There was always the possibility of a total collapse .

We’ll know more Thursday night. 1-3 with brutal upcoming schedule could be the beginning of the end for this coaching staff.

But I expect bounce back . 2-2 struggling to hover around .500 rest of season .
I predict several lame bounce backs and several complete blowouts and a very average end result.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
We have no RB, no WR2, our OL is worse than we all thought it would be right now, run D is worse, LB position is awful and would get pushed around by a tackling dummy, CB position is awful, lame duck HC, soon to be lame duck DC. NYG is better than us right now, Iggles are better, WFT will only get better. Our 1 win was against a team that is more dysfunctional than us. Our owner claims we are piss poor and couldn't even pick up the phone to talk to Henry....in no fashion is this team at the same level it was last year, and there is zero zilch nada to make anybody think this will only get better. May I add the Iggles have a DC that made adjustments and totally shout down the Aints QB and running game...I can continue this eulogy

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I predict several lame bounce backs and several complete blowouts and a very average end result.
And that will be enough for our owner to continue his “ relevant and interesting “ mantra selling new hope next year. Rinse and Repeat.

I have complete confidence our narcissistic owner will continue his ways and the revenue will flourish with fans complaining all the way to the bank.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yea. Most likely 8 or 9 win WC appearance probably gets MM a 1 year extension. Jethro not likely to fire a HC with 4 straight playoff appearances.
Nah, just one with two straight Super Bowl victories.

I do agree with some of your first post, but to me it's not the fact that we are 1-2, I kind of expected that, it's how we ended up 1-2. We literally got destroyed these last two weeks. That is not what I expected.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
thanks for pointing this out. Dak has not been good...but there are a plethora of problems on this team. A 1st rd pick on a DT and I'm not sure he is any better than a 4th rounder. A 2nd round pick on a TE and I'm not sure he is any better than an undrafted free agent. A 2nd round pick could have netted you a quality LBer. A 1st round pick wasted on a DT could have landed you a quality LBer, RB or OL. You cannot miss that BIG when you don't utilize free agency at all.
I’m not a Dak Homer but imagine without a running game and or ability to stop the run where we’d be without a QB like Dak.

Sure he’s not worth 60 mil but he was enough to give us a shot at a comeback with a team totally outmatched otherwise .

Praxit

Reaction score
Much like last year when I cautioned not to over hype the team, I wouldn’t totally write this one off.

Yes, we have our obvious weaknesses in stopping the run and rushing the ball. And with all of the talent we lost in FA while not pursuing to address those losses along with ignoring RB and DT in draft.

But many of us had this as more of a 8 or 9 win maybe 10 fighting for a WC slot.

IMO nothing has changed much. We are exactly where I thought we’d be at 1-2. And I expected us to be fighting to be 3-3 maybe even 2-4 at the bye.

That still places us in position to be contending for a WC slot. 8-9 or 9-8 will be in the hunt.

That’s all many of us expected for a transitioning and lame duck season with the weaknesses we left unaddressed hoping we could develop from current roster, draft and prior draft picks .

It is what it is. We are who we are. Nothing surprising or worthy of breaking news.
..I said, 10-7. from the beginning. What I hope we get from this is Adversity from the team.
Nyg game will be interesting. A win, will bandaid the egos.
Then the challenges return.

Scary part is how they are losing. They get wounded and continue to bleed through the game. have to fix that. Or 8-8 might be results.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Much like last year when I cautioned not to over hype the team, I wouldn’t totally write this one off.

Yes, we have our obvious weaknesses in stopping the run and rushing the ball. And with all of the talent we lost in FA while not pursuing to address those losses along with ignoring RB and DT in draft.

But many of us had this as more of a 8 or 9 win maybe 10 fighting for a WC slot.

IMO nothing has changed much. We are exactly where I thought we’d be at 1-2. And I expected us to be fighting to be 3-3 maybe even 2-4 at the bye.

That still places us in position to be contending for a WC slot. 8-9 or 9-8 will be in the hunt.

That’s all many of us expected for a transitioning and lame duck season with the weaknesses we left unaddressed hoping we could develop from current roster, draft and prior draft picks .

It is what it is. We are who we are. Nothing surprising or worthy of breaking news.
It's a long season, I'm hoping for the defense they're just adjusting to Zimmer's system and we start seeing some improvement otherwise almost every 4th down becomes a go for it situation for the offense.

Offensively, this is looking like a plain vanilla offense without much creativity or plays to keep the defense on their toes. Where are the screens to Deuce Vaughn, the misdirection runs, meaningful motion, and the natural route picks to get guys open? Every run is hard and most of the passing plays are heavily contested sans the short underneath stuff.

Praxit

Reaction score
Hiring Zimmer was Jerry's way of saying we are tanking! He's made some stupid hires, but Zimmer may be the stupidest.
I think it's more on the realms of Zimmer reminded him of the Glory Days. Maybe Jerry thinks its still 90s football style.

Darkhound

Reaction score

And?
This team WONT EVEN REACH the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP
This is a rotten mediocre team

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Our coaches are historicaly bad. How many times do we need to see McCarthy butcher in game decisions/ time management to figure out he's in over his head?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Our coaches are historicaly bad. How many times do we need to see McCarthy butcher in game decisions/ time management to figure out he's in over his head?
He’s just another puppet. Which many fans have embraced more than previous puppets .

I’m not sure it even matters anymore.
Pick a puppet. Any puppet.