Pump the brakes Cowboy fans

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I remember Jimmy once saying he was having a press conference after a game or practice and Jerry had the press all treated to a big steak dinner on him in another place in the building. Jerry was grooming the press to sell his product. You go against Jerry; you probably risk missing out on the perks he bestows. Country club atmosphere.
But there has been several local media personalities who have harshly criticized Jethro. Unfortunately some have retired.

And some of our exCowboys have also spoken out. Some of which fans on this site have bashed for doing so.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes, but you know half the Cowboys fans drink the "GM" cool-aide and think this is our year to win the SB.
I’m not sure I’d say “ half” but there is certainly a segment which are more vocal. Often a noisy minority is heard more than the majority.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This has 2010 feels to it.

Big Mike will be canned mid season it feels this bad. Just hope zimmer isn’t the replacement. We need somebody new
I think we’d need to lose our QB like we did in 2010 for it to totally collapse. But some might think missing playoffs is a collapse. I’m still on the 8 or 9 wins. Assuming no key injuries.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I disagree. I thought they would at least compete better. That defense is 2020 Mike Nolan bad right now. I thought they would go 10-7 this season with one and done wild card game on the strength of their defense. I expected the offense to take a step back and have the defense get them to 10 wins but wow this defense continues to play even remotely this bad I don't get how they get to 7 wins.
All the warning signs were out there after the starters we lost and not pursuing others in FA. Throw in a lame duck season with coaching , possibly at QB…red flags everywhere.

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
The Cowboys were lucky the Ravens went into a prevent defense as early as they did. Had they kept their foot on the gas they might have scored 40+. I'm interested to see how the Cowboys react in a close game where they're behind. It seems once they fall behind everything snowballs. Can they weather the storm in those situations going forward? Exhibit poise in the face of adversity. I guess we shall see.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Instead of pumping the brakes, let's predict the future.
Dallas will defeat NYG. The 10 day break afterward will prompt every talking head to claim the ship will be righted and all is well.
Then... the Steelers will bully Dallas on the way to victory. Detroit will avenge their colossal goof from last year with a convincing win. Dallas will look like an old tired boxer waiting for the knockout punch to put them down as they enter the SF game. The 49ers will secure their 5th victory over Dallas in 4 years. 2-5 is nearly a lock to happen.