Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Pump the brakes Cowboy fans​

The Team

car-driving.gif

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It's a long season, I'm hoping for the defense they're just adjusting to Zimmer's system and we start seeing some improvement otherwise almost every 4th down becomes a go for it situation for the offense.

Offensively, this is looking like a plain vanilla offense without much creativity or plays to keep the defense on their toes. Where are the screens to Deuce Vaughn, the misdirection runs, meaningful motion, and the natural route picks to get guys open? Every run is hard and most of the passing plays are heavily contested sans the short underneath stuff.
The short underneath stuff looks plenty contested to me right now, the offensive scheme is from middle school games you can see in Texas every Tuesday night...

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Maybe we will be that team that has no business making the playoffs, but does because someone has to take the last spot, only to get completely violated by a mediocre team in the wildcard round

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I had them 10-7....1-2 at this point -except I had them losing to Cleveland versus New Orleans. So, they are right on schedule for me. Man... ALL I asked my sorryazzzz defense to do is hold it at worse to 25. They can't even do that. They did it Sunday we'd of had a great chance to win that game. They can't hold anybody to 25 at home!! Pathetic!! But I blame the worthless GM who sat in his throne counting money as the Cowboys burned. I also can get being mad at Dak. But what I don't get is people just being mad at him. ITS A TEAM SPORT!! All these jokers making just as much money as Dak is for positional pay. So-if fans want to whine about Dak's pay. Whine about all of them. For how they've been playing "ALL" of them suck and don't deserve their paychecks.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Lots of 8-10 win predictions but not many expected this team to have the worst run D and one of the worst running offenses in the nfl.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Lots of 8-10 win predictions but not many expected this team to have the worst run D and one of the worst running offenses in the nfl.
Well, many had concerns our greatest weaknesses were going to be stopping the run and running the ball.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I'd rather miss the playoffs and avoid another embarrassing loss.

Give me a higher draft position. Get a new HC.
Getting higher draft picks mean little now. We are married to a losing core of Dak/CD. This is nothing more than the losing core of Romo/Dez. This core is rotten and needed to be done away with but we went all in and married ourselves to it for years to come. Rooting for high draft picks while you just pushed the chips all in on your QB/WR, means this whole thing is a disaster. High draft picks while you are in a rebuild is great because you are building your core from scratch and they can grow together. Adding high draft picks to this rotten core won't amount to anything.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I mean, many said this RB core on paper was the worst on paper in the entire league. I was in that boat. Rico/Zeke and whatever else, is junk. Their run offense is exactly what I expected to be. This might be the worst collection of RBs I have seen them have since Troy Hambrick was our guy and even then, he'd be the best guy in the room this year.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can I write them out the playoffs if the Giants win thursday? In all seriousness they will likely be 2-4 going into the bye week.

Mikexike

Reaction score
1 problem we have on offense is a QB that throws bad passes.... Funny how many times tom brady talked about the C+, D+ passes dak was throwing.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
They are 1-2 lol.

Fans get too riled up over the micro. They simply aren't going to play offenses like the Saints or Ravens again, outside of SF. The defense will rightsize.

The biggest concern that they do not have a solution for is lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball. There is no in-house or natural fix to the fact that they have only 1 threat on offense. Hopefully, they make the immediate changes to more motion and misdirection on offense like they did the back half of last year.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Team couldn't stop the run last week.

It was much discussed by players, coaches, media, egomaniac owner.

Nothing was done to correct or change it.

In what world do the fans think this staff is capable of getting over the (self-inflicted) hump.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I had them 10-7....1-2 at this point -except I had them losing to Cleveland versus New Orleans. So, they are right on schedule for me. Man... ALL I asked my sorryazzzz defense to do is hold it at worse to 25. They can't even do that. They did it Sunday we'd of had a great chance to win that game. They can't hold anybody to 25 at home!! Pathetic!! But I blame the worthless GM who sat in his throne counting money as the Cowboys burned. I also can get being mad at Dak. But what I don't get is people just being mad at him. ITS A TEAM SPORT!! All these jokers making just as much money as Dak is for positional pay. So-if fans want to whine about Dak's pay. Whine about all of them. For how they've been playing "ALL" of them suck and don't deserve their paychecks.
:facepalm:

We do "whine" about all of them. But whenever we bring up Dak (he's one of them you know) then it's "oh you just blame Dak".

No we don't. We just also won't exclude him. Simply because he also sucks. Not as bad as the defense atm, but he's not exactly on the plus side.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Much like last year when I cautioned not to over hype the team, I wouldn’t totally write this one off.

Yes, we have our obvious weaknesses in stopping the run and rushing the ball. And with all of the talent we lost in FA while not pursuing to address those losses along with ignoring RB and DT in draft.

But many of us had this as more of a 8 or 9 win maybe 10 fighting for a WC slot.

IMO nothing has changed much. We are exactly where I thought we’d be at 1-2. And I expected us to be fighting to be 3-3 maybe even 2-4 at the bye.

That still places us in position to be contending for a WC slot. 8-9 or 9-8 will be in the hunt.

That’s all many of us expected for a transitioning and lame duck season with the weaknesses we left unaddressed hoping we could develop from current roster, draft and prior draft picks .

It is what it is. We are who we are. Nothing surprising or worthy of breaking news.
If this team loses Thursday night that locker room is going to be a mushroom cloud. If only we had great leadership.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If this team loses Thursday night that locker room is going to be a mushroom cloud. If only we had great leadership.
No doubt we fall to 1-3 the alarms go off . Especially with upcoming brutal schedule. But this is where our average to above QB usually shines against lesser teams.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Can I write them out the playoffs if the Giants win thursday? In all seriousness they will likely be 2-4 going into the bye week.
Yea, 2-4 at the bye is what I predicted before season begun with tough schedule. 3-3 was optimistic. Barring a total collapse which is very possible , probably 8 or 9 wins battling for 7th WC slot.

Thats where I saw us going in and that’s where I still see us. This is an average roster at best. Too many holes and weaknesses for higher expectations. And why I think our QB provides this roster it’s best chance of making playoffs.

Jipper

Reaction score
I predict several lame bounce backs and several complete blowouts and a very average end result.
I think a lot depends on if they do something to improve the team over the next 5 games….if we end up 2-6 or worse by the mid point this team will be far below average….i wouldn’t be shocked to see 5-12 or 10-7 , but anything outside of those seems unlikely