Pump the brakes Cowboy fans

Diehardblues

Reaction score
:facepalm:

We do "whine" about all of them. But whenever we bring up Dak (he's one of them you know) then it's "oh you just blame Dak".

No we don't. We just also won't exclude him. Simply because he also sucks. Not as bad as the defense atm, but he's not exactly on the plus side.
Right. He doesn’t suk as much as some of our other weaknesses.

We’ve been a solid playoff team with him that isn’t enough in the playoffs.

Relative keeps fans tuned in.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea but half of the league has serious personnel problems . 15 teams currently at 1-2 with 3 more which could join them tonite.
You need to look at the way we and they lose. A week ago I watched the Bengals and chiefs. Obviously....one of those teams were going to lose. But Bengals played them pretty even through the whole game. Time ran out.

We do not look....or play...like a "real" team.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yea, 2-4 at the bye is what I predicted before season begun with tough schedule. 3-3 was optimistic. Barring a total collapse which is very possible , probably 8 or 9 wins battling for 7th WC slot.

Thats where I saw us going in and that’s where I still see us. This is an average roster at best. Too many holes and weaknesses for higher expectations. And why I think our QB provides this roster it’s best chance of making playoffs.
I think I had them at 8-9 the last 3 years.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Much like last year when I cautioned not to over hype the team, I wouldn’t totally write this one off.

Yes, we have our obvious weaknesses in stopping the run and rushing the ball. And with all of the talent we lost in FA while not pursuing to address those losses along with ignoring RB and DT in draft.

But many of us had this as more of a 8 or 9 win maybe 10 fighting for a WC slot.

IMO nothing has changed much. We are exactly where I thought we’d be at 1-2. And I expected us to be fighting to be 3-3 maybe even 2-4 at the bye.

That still places us in position to be contending for a WC slot. 8-9 or 9-8 will be in the hunt.

That’s all many of us expected for a transitioning and lame duck season with the weaknesses we left unaddressed hoping we could develop from current roster, draft and prior draft picks .

It is what it is. We are who we are. Nothing surprising or worthy of breaking news.
I think the brakes have been fully applied, and Dallas is at a stop, a complete stop. I want the Cowboys to do well, but they just don't have good defensive scheme, and poor tackling fundamentals. That's a recipe for an early playoff exit at best.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Looks like the GB loss broke this team , third consecutive loss at home , all that hype after Cleveland game is probably dubious as they were missing both tackles and we had the lead most of the game . At Home if we don’t score then we are going to play from behind most of the game and that means teams are continuing to run on this D. Offense better wakes up and start putting up TDs. The highest paid QB better make some magic early with hands , legs , behind … anything

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
The Clownboys haven’t been this bad since 2015. This is a legitimately bad team. No offense at all, which shouldn’t really matter when you have such an elite, overpaid QB that should be able to overcome this adversity (I mean look at Carolina! Andy Dalton is making it work! So is Darnold in Minnesota! Why can’t Dak? Dak has way better weapons than both of them (Ferg, Ceedee, and Cooks) yet he struggles horrifically. No run game whatsoever. Horribly ran defense that gets burnt all the time. Entitled players, putrid culture, a locker room on the brink of an explosion, and an even more senile than before owner. This is 2017 Browns levels of bad we’re talking. They can’t be fundamentally fixed in season like they could have been last year. Last year was our last chance. And the defense and Dak blew it as per usual.

I predicted sub .500 but I fear it will be much, much worse than that. I look at our schedule and I don’t see a single win. Even Carolina will beat us if they have Dalton at the helm. We may end 1-16, which may end up good for us if we properly tank. But knowing senile Jones, we won’t. We might get another win at the end of a season from a team that’s secured its playoff spot, but we’ll see. All I know is, we’re getting 5 wins maximum. And that’s being optimistic.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
It could . There was always the possibility of a total collapse .

We’ll know more Thursday night. 1-3 with brutal upcoming schedule could be the beginning of the end for this coaching staff.

But I expect bounce back . 2-2 struggling to hover around .500 rest of season .

Is this why you were so gung ho to Pay Prescott ?? So we could "hover" around .500 ??

Amazing the same Stans who wanted to financially cripple this team and the same STANS throwing in the towel after 3 games .

You cant make this up !

tunahelper

Reaction score
Much like last year when I cautioned not to over hype the team, I wouldn’t totally write this one off.

Yes, we have our obvious weaknesses in stopping the run and rushing the ball. And with all of the talent we lost in FA while not pursuing to address those losses along with ignoring RB and DT in draft.

But many of us had this as more of a 8 or 9 win maybe 10 fighting for a WC slot.

IMO nothing has changed much. We are exactly where I thought we’d be at 1-2. And I expected us to be fighting to be 3-3 maybe even 2-4 at the bye.

That still places us in position to be contending for a WC slot. 8-9 or 9-8 will be in the hunt.

That’s all many of us expected for a transitioning and lame duck season with the weaknesses we left unaddressed hoping we could develop from current roster, draft and prior draft picks .

It is what it is. We are who we are. Nothing surprising or worthy of breaking news.
I am not trying to tear your words to pieces.
What has transpired in the first 3 games coupled with last years playoff loss that leads you to your conclusion?
I see a team that is worse against the run than we were last year. We do not cover as well either, but Bland returning will certainly help.
I see a running game that is ineffective and not on par with last year. This team has serious talent deficiencies.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Team couldn't stop the run last week.

It was much discussed by players, coaches, media, egomaniac owner.

Nothing was done to correct or change it.

In what world do the fans think this staff is capable of getting over the (self-inflicted) hump.
That's what is most concerning....they know they have a problem....and it got worse. I can't even imagine what Pittsburgh and Detroit...SF is going to do to us. Hopefully put us out of our misery.

shabazz

Reaction score
Yea but half of the league has serious personnel problems . 15 teams currently at 1-2 with 3 more which could join them tonite.
Yes , but that half of teams you mentioned at least TRIED to improve their rosters.

Teams that needed a RB didn't wait for players agents to call THEM.....they actively pursued the players they needed.....Jerry was so stupid that he actually ADMITTED to that.

Take the car keys away from grandpa because he's fittin to drive it off the cliff

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I am not trying to tear your words to pieces.
What has transpired in the first 3 games coupled with last years playoff loss that leads you to your conclusion?
I see a team that is worse against the run than we were last year. We do not cover as well either, but Bland returning will certainly help.
I see a running game that is ineffective and not on par with last year. This team has serious talent deficiencies.
I agree and why I think our QB is only chance to barely tread water around .500

Bagman

Reaction score
Is this why you were so gung ho to Pay Prescott ?? So we could "hover" around .500 ??

Amazing the same Stans who wanted to financially cripple this team and the same STANS throwing in the towel after 3 games .

You cant make this up !
Great post. I've been saying that to my friends. Why would you want to pay record breaking $$ to anybody who brings you nothing but mediocrity. I mean, we can finish 8-9 with Cooper Rush. Why in the heck are we spending $240 million on a QB with no plan to get better.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

You cant make this up !
No, I was one who argued Jethro wound resign him. I wasn’t necessarily in support of it.

I did argue that I didn’t have much faith our dysfunctional ownership had a plan in place to replace.

I’ve advocated for years to draft a heir apparent to place us is in a better position to move on.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Great post. I've been saying that to my friends. Why would you want to pay record breaking $$ to anybody who brings you nothing but mediocrity. I mean, we can finish 8-9 with Cooper Rush. Why in the heck are we spending $240 million on a QB with no plan to get better.
Because Jethro’s priority is remaining “ interesting and relative “.

Having a Franchise QB regardless if he’s average to above average he’s been enough to be a regular playoff contender .

Our dysfunctional ownership can sell and hype the hell out of mediocrity.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think the brakes have been fully applied, and Dallas is at a stop, a complete stop. I want the Cowboys to do well, but they just don't have good defensive scheme, and poor tackling fundamentals. That's a recipe for an early playoff exit at best.
Yea, probably so. But that’s enough for our owner.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe this team woke up in the fourth quarter yesterday we’ll see if it carries over to the Giants

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You need to look at the way we and they lose. A week ago I watched the Bengals and chiefs. Obviously....one of those teams were going to lose. But Bengals played them pretty even through the whole game. Time ran out.

We do not look....or play...like a "real" team.
I agree. We aren’t anywhere that level. We are more in the 1-2 group like about half the league. 15 teams currently at 1-2 with more adding tonight.