Pump the brakes Cowboy fans

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think the brakes have been fully applied, and Dallas is at a stop, a complete stop. I want the Cowboys to do well, but they just don't have good defensive scheme, and poor tackling fundamentals. That's a recipe for an early playoff exit at best.
And that will be fine for our ownership. Looking at where we are now just making the playoffs looks pretty good . That’s how far this franchise has fallen under our current dysfunctional ownership.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
We have 5 gimme games on the schedule and just need 4 more wins in all the others to get to 10 wins

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Much like last year when I cautioned not to over hype the team, I wouldn’t totally write this one off.

Yes, we have our obvious weaknesses in stopping the run and rushing the ball. And with all of the talent we lost in FA while not pursuing to address those losses along with ignoring RB and DT in draft.

But many of us had this as more of a 8 or 9 win maybe 10 fighting for a WC slot.

IMO nothing has changed much. We are exactly where I thought we’d be at 1-2. And I expected us to be fighting to be 3-3 maybe even 2-4 at the bye.

That still places us in position to be contending for a WC slot. 8-9 or 9-8 will be in the hunt.

That’s all many of us expected for a transitioning and lame duck season with the weaknesses we left unaddressed hoping we could develop from current roster, draft and prior draft picks .

It is what it is. We are who we are. Nothing surprising or worthy of breaking news.
I disagree. I thought they would at least compete better. That defense is 2020 Mike Nolan bad right now. I thought they would go 10-7 this season with one and done wild card game on the strength of their defense. I expected the offense to take a step back and have the defense get them to 10 wins but wow this defense continues to play even remotely this bad I don't get how they get to 7 wins.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’m not so sure about a WC spot even. This team is broken right now and I don’t see it getting fixed. It’s a personnel problem.
If they get a lead in a game it will look like it should.

They’re front runners.

But 1 hole in the boat and the ship sinks.

Right now they look extremely poorly coached on defense. Nobody knows their assignment.

The offense is only good when they have a lead.

Dak having to sling the ball all over the place is a losing recipe.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I didn’t . Only this year. Our worst roster in several years. .Probably going back to 2020.
I figured if I set my expectations low, I can still enjoy the season. I know, you know we aren't winning a SB, so i'm just trying to manufacture some level of excitement.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Obviously with Bland out Jourdan Lewis is the best CB on the roster not named Diggs . Lewis plays with an attitude actually tackles will rough up the opposition. Start him on one side and insert Booth as nickel take a seat Caelon Carson .

On the other side and this is not too controversial activate Flournoy and goodness actually target him .

The running attack should look like Rico Dowdle spelled by Dalvin Cook.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
We have 5 gimme games on the schedule and just need 4 more wins in all the others to get to 10 wins
Very true. Looking at the schedule before the season. I figured they would be 1-2 now anyway. Saw them losing at CLE and beating NO at home - but got to 1-2 anyway. 2-2 after Giants game. Just very disappointed in how they have lost though, didn't expect that

Chasing6

Reaction score
Much like last year when I cautioned not to over hype the team, I wouldn’t totally write this one off.

Yes, we have our obvious weaknesses in stopping the run and rushing the ball. And with all of the talent we lost in FA while not pursuing to address those losses along with ignoring RB and DT in draft.

But many of us had this as more of a 8 or 9 win maybe 10 fighting for a WC slot.

IMO nothing has changed much. We are exactly where I thought we’d be at 1-2. And I expected us to be fighting to be 3-3 maybe even 2-4 at the bye.

That still places us in position to be contending for a WC slot. 8-9 or 9-8 will be in the hunt.

That’s all many of us expected for a transitioning and lame duck season with the weaknesses we left unaddressed hoping we could develop from current roster, draft and prior draft picks .

It is what it is. We are who we are. Nothing surprising or worthy of breaking news.
Yes, but you know half the Cowboys fans drink the "GM" cool-aide and think this is our year to win the SB.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
I think the brakes have been fully applied, and Dallas is at a stop, a complete stop. I want the Cowboys to do well, but they just don't have good defensive scheme, and poor tackling fundamentals. That's a recipe for an early playoff exit at best.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
I’m not so sure about a WC spot even. This team is broken right now and I don’t see it getting fixed. It’s a personnel problem.
Well, a personnel problem AND a coaching problem. Let's not let the coaches off the hook.

Hec, the pundits are still saying the Cowboys simply have coaching and "want-to" problems and that the roster is good enough.

:facepalm:

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Nope, the Cowboys can't stop the run and can't run, and McCarthy stinks managing games and such, so no way the Cowboys have that many gimmees

Blackrain

Reaction score
I’d argue most fans misinterpreted what “ All In” meant.

I think to Jethro it meant signing his big stars like Dak and Lamb. And looking ahead to Parsons

It does mean signing your stars it also means doing what's necessary to win in the playoffs.

And if Jerry has GM doesn't understand that you need to stop the run and be able to run the ball at this point in his football career he never will.

Going all in means doing everything that's necessary to win

starfrombirth

Reaction score

For the past 3 seasons, even though we had a good record, I felt more and more like we were a weak team, mentally and physically. I increasingly felt like we were going to fall apart during the offseason and then they and the DC media sucked me right back in with the hopium. After the Green Bay game last year, I knew that we were toast. When players left the ship like rats abandoning a sinking ship, my concern was solidified. Then the draft happened and again my hardened hopes for the team cracked to reveal the gooey center of belief from what was seemingly an excellent draft. I haven't believed for a long time now that Dak is the one to get us over the hump but I thought one more year of "almost" had a smidgen of success. Yes, I once again fell for this teams marketing. I admit to my loathing of signing Dak for another 4 years but he is with us now and I will root for him but his lack of accuracy still, along with the continued weakness from the defense, and absolutely no running game has me absolutely convinced that the rotten foundations have finally caused the house to come crumbling down. I don't believe that we will win 12 games again. I don't believe that we will win 10. This team is not as talented as the owner and many of us fans would convince us to believe. Do we have some pieces? Sure and the are good pieces to rebuild around but sadly the two newest extensions aren't those. Dak is not accurate and consistently disappears during tough games until "garbage time" or against really bad defenses. Before the Dak stans attack, think about the Ravens game. Every person who knows anything about football knew that we were going to attack the Ravens weak pass defense (they were 32nd in the league) but instead they shut us down for 3+ qtrs until they went into some soft prevent/cover 0 that gave Dak and the receivers easy shots. CD is also not as good as billed. He often (like Dak) disappears and then puts up gaudy numbers against baaad teams with the occasional stellar performance against a good team. I have rooted for this team for 45 years and I'm not about to stop now so it is what is it. So that's my rant. Do with it what you will.

KevinHickey22

Reaction score
I also expected a .500 season. I am just waiting for the media to finally go after Jerry. They hint about it. They tease about it but never follow through. It's like the dudes on the Fan. They talk tough from time to time about blaming Jerry but then Jerry comes on the show and they get all timid. Of course, Shan and RJ are pretty weak boys anyway.
I remember Jimmy once saying he was having a press conference after a game or practice and Jerry had the press all treated to a big steak dinner on him in another place in the building. Jerry was grooming the press to sell his product. You go against Jerry; you probably risk missing out on the perks he bestows. Country club atmosphere.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
For the past 3 seasons, even though we had a good record, I felt more and more like we were a weak team, mentally and physically. I increasingly felt like we were going to fall apart during the offseason and then they and the DC media sucked me right back in with the hopium. After the Green Bay game last year, I knew that we were toast. When players left the ship like rats abandoning a sinking ship, my concern was solidified. Then the draft happened and again my hardened hopes for the team cracked to reveal the gooey center of belief from what was seemingly an excellent draft. I haven't believed for a long time now that Dak is the one to get us over the hump but I thought one more year of "almost" had a smidgen of success. Yes, I once again fell for this teams marketing. I admit to my loathing of signing Dak for another 4 years but he is with us now and I will root for him but his lack of accuracy still, along with the continued weakness from the defense, and absolutely no running game has me absolutely convinced that the rotten foundations have finally caused the house to come crumbling down. I don't believe that we will win 12 games again. I don't believe that we will win 10. This team is not as talented as the owner and many of us fans would convince us to believe. Do we have some pieces? Sure and the are good pieces to rebuild around but sadly the two newest extensions aren't those. Dak is not accurate and consistently disappears during tough games until "garbage time" or against really bad defenses. Before the Dak stans attack, think about the Ravens game. Every person who knows anything about football knew that we were going to attack the Ravens weak pass defense (they were 32nd in the league) but instead they shut us down for 3+ qtrs until they went into some soft prevent/cover 0 that gave Dak and the receivers easy shots. CD is also not as good as billed. He often (like Dak) disappears and then puts up gaudy numbers against baaad teams with the occasional stellar performance against a good team. I have rooted for this team for 45 years and I'm not about to stop now so it is what is it. So that's my rant. Do with it what you will.
I never bought into the hype last 3 seasons continuing to downplay. And I warned against how good many thought that team was.

I’ve always been more in the middle on Prescott. He’s good, not great.

But until we bring in or draft someone else he’s enough to remain relevant with a supporting cast which this appears to be the least he’s had. And why it appears we might be more dependent on him than before.