CFZ Pump the brakes

NotForLong

Reaction score
nope.
most on here thought we'd lose.
rams were favored.
we won.
now the excuses.
its my favorite part of mondays after a win.
we didn't beat the rams because they're bad.
we beat them because we're good.
:huh:

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
Man, some of you just can't have a discussion. So what happened in the Tampa game smart guy and what's changed...... other than a back-up QB.
What happened? We are winning. Keep dwelling on the Tompa Brady game though Uncle Rico.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
When most posters saw this schedule last spring, nobody thought the LA game was winnable, let alone with CR at QB. But lets look at the Rams in 2022., They are 2-3 and have had 5 different OL configurations in the first 5 games of the season. They are an offensive mess and not the same offense that won the super bowl. Yesterdays game was a perfect storm with our elite defensive pressure combining with there OL problems to blow up their offense accept for that one 75 yard TD to CC which was simply the best WR in the NFL making a great catch on a perfectly thrown ball. It was a fluke play and they could do nothing on offense for 95% of the game.

As for our OL, we could not block Aaron Donald's pass rush which is why CR only had 16 throws. It must have killed Moore to run the ball 30 times. lol. But, the offense was stymied most of the game and needed a defensive TD and a spectacular 57 yard TD run from Pollard to win this game.

The Eagles don't have Donald, but they have a better overall DL. This is not the same defense Dak torched last year. That said, if Cooper Rush wins this game to start 5-0, how do you bench him? I know we will but...............
Easy to bench a QB who only passed for 102 yards when it’s clear to most everyone it’s the defense that’s carrying this team to victory.

Grenic

Reaction score
When most posters saw this schedule last spring, nobody thought the LA game was winnable, let alone with CR at QB. But lets look at the Rams in 2022., They are 2-3 and have had 5 different OL configurations in the first 5 games of the season. They are an offensive mess and not the same offense that won the super bowl. Yesterdays game was a perfect storm with our elite defensive pressure combining with there OL problems to blow up their offense accept for that one 75 yard TD to CC which was simply the best WR in the NFL making a great catch on a perfectly thrown ball. It was a fluke play and they could do nothing on offense for 95% of the game.

As for our OL, we could not block Aaron Donald's pass rush which is why CR only had 16 throws. It must have killed Moore to run the ball 30 times. lol. But, the offense was stymied most of the game and needed a defensive TD and a spectacular 57 yard TD run from Pollard to win this game.

The Eagles don't have Donald, but they have a better overall DL. This is not the same defense Dak torched last year. That said, if Cooper Rush wins this game to start 5-0, how do you bench him? I know we will but...............
you bench him because he is about as average as you can get, the D has been amazing

NotForLong

Reaction score
This defense is legit no matter who they play. Big thanks to cooper rush, the man has done an outstanding job. That said, Dak is still the better QB.

"If" Dallas can find a little more juice on offense......Look Out!
Better at What? . . . Marketing?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think everyone is excited. But the goal is to win in January so taking a sober look at the team now doesn't hurt anything. This is isn't the 1993 Cowboys where perfection was all over the field. It is fun to see where this team still needs to improve and nothing wrong talking about it.....Its a chat board not pom pom squad tryout.

I know what the goal is but excuse me for enjoying the ride along the way. You want to down play this fine have at it but others actually enjoy the season and are expressing it. Yes what you do in Jan matters but so does the regular season because unless you can go out and put together a good reg season Jan does not matter. It is may not be pom pom try out but this constant whining is pathetic. So go pump your own breaks

CWR

Reaction score
When Dak is back we can get a better judgement of where this team is. I think this defense can take us very far. Hoping we don't run into the Whiners again.

I'd love to play them again. I don't think they can beat us if the defense is still playing at this level.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Man, some of you just can't have a discussion. So what happened in the Tampa game smart guy and what's changed...... other than a back-up QB.
That’s all you see?

We had 160+ rushing yards. 102 passing yards.

Defense created 3 turnovers, 5 sacks , blocked a punt and scored a TD.

And you see a backup QB throwing for102 yards as the difference or who’s winning the game?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Easy to bench a QB who only passed for 102 yards when it’s clear to most everyone it’s the defense that’s carrying this team to victory.

Well, you aren't wrong. Here is some Devils Advocate....... Cooper only had 16 throws yesterday and he completed 10 of them while making no mistakes. Moore called a different game yesterday b/c we could not block Aaron Donalds pass rush. So, its not like CR had much opportunity to put up numbers but the only number that really matters.... a Win. He is now 4-0 with ZERO INTs and QB rating of 93+ on the season. Its not Dak Prescott numbers from 2022, but way better than Dak Prescott vs Tampa numbers.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s all you see?

We had 160+ rushing yards. 102 passing yards.

Defense created 3 turnovers, 5 sacks , blocked a punt and scored a TD.

And you see a backup QB throwing for102 yards as the difference or who’s winning the game?

No. I see us playing better against inferior teams. What do you see? Do you think we can beat KC and Buffalo?

Flamma

Reaction score
Oh I know. A lot of posters on this site get away with saying crap and don’t have to worry about the search function.

I was 100% out on the Cowboys after week 1. I voted 4-5 wins in that poll. However, I did hedge that bet with a few buts. As I've always said, other than the W/L column, week 1 is meaningless. I hate when people bring up week 1 stats later in the season. I also said our D was only going to get better.

Let's be real. If anyone said we weren't going to lose another game until week X after that week 1 game and our starting QB out, we'd suggest they see a doctor.

NotForLong

Reaction score

:facepalm:
The infamous "Pump the beeaks" thread. . . Why are these people even Fans?

Football is not a "Science Project" . . You don't Judge it and Dissect it after it is dead . . . .It's an event . You get wraped up in it . In the moment and enjoy the SHOW

I feel good and because I have a hang over and I am still feeling the moment

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well, you aren't wrong. Here is some Devils Advocate....... Cooper only had 16 throws yesterday and he completed 10 of them while making no mistakes. Moore called a different game yesterday b/c we could not block Aaron Donalds pass rush. So, its not like CR had much opportunity to put up numbers but the only number that really matters.... a Win. He is now 4-0 with ZERO INTs and QB rating of 93+ on the season. Its not Dak Prescott numbers from 2022, but way better than Dak Prescott vs Tampa numbers.
So, you’re saying we’re winning only because Prescott isn’t behind center. I know you’re a smarter football fan than that. Don’t fall into the Troll category.

We are all appreciative of Rushs solid performance but we have a more productive BusDriver in waiting.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it takes no guts to be a critic.
none.
live in the sunlight.

And you are showing bravery? lol.

It takes no guts or intelligence to throw poop at a discussion as you are doing. You have zero criticism of the team? No insights? Go shake those pom poms.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, you’re saying we’re winning only because Prescott isn’t behind center. I know you’re a smarter football fan than that. Don’t fall into the Troll category.

We are all appreciative of Rushs solid performance but we have a more productive BusDriver in waiting.

Dak bus drove this team to a 13-3 record in 2016 and won a job coming from 3rd string preseason QB.