CFZ Put the blame where it most belongs

RonWashington

Reaction score
Will McClay qualifies as a football “ guy “ . Like to see him pick the next HC and please not Sean Peyton either . Someone of a little newer vintage .

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
$8 soda at the stadium is pretty impressive. Swanky clubs, airports and hotels don't charge that much.

fredp22

Reaction score
I disagree. Jerry desperately wants to win.

He just doesn't know how to do it.
agree but it goes to my 2nd point. His ego and desire for complete control override his need to win. Your right he doesnt know how to win but he wont bring in someone that does because they would get the credit. Remember Belichick wanted to come here as well as Reid. Jerry said no to both. winning was 2nd to his ego getting the credit

Last edited:

links18

Reaction score
Skyball Dak, Molasses Foot Zeke, Mike the Fatman, Boy Moore, Arkansas Enos and Little Goober Cap Boy. There is plenty of blame to go around with this crew.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not here to defend Dak. He was just flat awful Sun night and deserves a ton of criticism. Kellen Moore? Looked like a middle school coach in his first game. The WRs looked like guys that couldn’t get any separation. Cedee Lamb had 2 receptions on 11 targets. Terrance Steele couldn’t remember a snap count. The defense gave up 6 yards per rush. And on and on…

Those players looked as unprepared as they were in January vs the niners. That has to be on Mike McCarthy. When a team looks completely out of sync and unprepared, look first at the head coach and his assistants. Tampa Bay players said after the game that the Cowboys offensive scheme is easy to defend.

Lots of blame to go around. The players and coaches stunk it up and deserve their fair share of responsibility.

But folks…the blame for the lousy pitiful performance and pathetic state of this entire team we saw Sunday lays firmly at the feet of Jerry and his giggly sidekick son. The horrific smell coming out of AT&T originated from those two.

And what makes me a lot angrier than the players’ and coaches’ sorry performance is the continuing lousy performance of the guys who have THE most power in this organization. And unless I missed it, have taken ZERO responsibility for their failures.

Hearing SJ throw Cedee Lamb under the bus angers me not because Lamb didn’t deserve criticism. It was not hearing the Jones boys take any responsibility for their failure to once again put together a strong roster.

Get mad at Dak, and Cedee and Steele and McCarthy and Kellen if you choose. They deserve it. But get madder at the clowns who never take any personal responsibility for their failures and mistakes. That’s where the lions share of the blame belongs. They want all the credit and zero blame.
It's Jerry's fault. He should have kept Landry. That would have solved the 2022 problems.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
I’m not here to defend Dak. He was just flat awful Sun night and deserves a ton of criticism. Kellen Moore? Looked like a middle school coach in his first game. The WRs looked like guys that couldn’t get any separation. Cedee Lamb had 2 receptions on 11 targets. Terrance Steele couldn’t remember a snap count. The defense gave up 6 yards per rush. And on and on…

Those players looked as unprepared as they were in January vs the niners. That has to be on Mike McCarthy. When a team looks completely out of sync and unprepared, look first at the head coach and his assistants. Tampa Bay players said after the game that the Cowboys offensive scheme is easy to defend.

Lots of blame to go around. The players and coaches stunk it up and deserve their fair share of responsibility.

But folks…the blame for the lousy pitiful performance and pathetic state of this entire team we saw Sunday lays firmly at the feet of Jerry and his giggly sidekick son. The horrific smell coming out of AT&T originated from those two.

And what makes me a lot angrier than the players’ and coaches’ sorry performance is the continuing lousy performance of the guys who have THE most power in this organization. And unless I missed it, have taken ZERO responsibility for their failures.

Hearing SJ throw Cedee Lamb under the bus angers me not because Lamb didn’t deserve criticism. It was not hearing the Jones boys take any responsibility for their failure to once again put together a strong roster.

Get mad at Dak, and Cedee and Steele and McCarthy and Kellen if you choose. They deserve it. But get madder at the clowns who never take any personal responsibility for their failures and mistakes. That’s where the lions share of the blame belongs. They want all the credit and zero blame.
Telling it like it is I got no problem with.Not giving the team enough players to cover their off season decisions I got a problem with

fredp22

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy is first and foremost an offensive minded coach. Why would you hire him and then neuter him by not having any input in the offense, you know that thing he is best known for?
I dont know if MM can even run an offense. Aaron Rodgers said he almost never listened to his play calls and was quoted as saying he has a low football IQ. MM refused to help KM here last year when he was stumbling. I really just dont think he's a good coach.

Jarntt

Reaction score
It's Jerry's fault. He should have kept Landry. That would have solved the 2022 problems.
Actually, Maybe if he learned the lesson in 1989 or in 1994 we would be reaping the benefits in 2022. Instead it’s the Jerry and Stephen show and here we are

fredp22

Reaction score

???
yeah he should have kept Landry-make him GM. He should have also kept Jimmy. He should have also kept Parcells. He should have also hired Belichick when he asked or Reid when he was looking. But he cant because they would get more credit than Jerry.
Instead we have to sit thru Campo, sit thru Garrett for 10 years, sit thru MM cause Jerry needs a puppet. Someone that if the team wins would make sure credit goes to Jerry. Jerry has made this team suck thru 26 years. Hes the common denominator.
Good coaches want to be here and would have us winning. Jerry's ego wont let him get one

Last edited:

Jarntt

Reaction score
I dont know if MM can even run an offense. Aaron Rodgers said he almost never listened to his play calls and was quoted as saying he has a low football IQ. MM refused to help KM here last year when he was stumbling. I really just dont think he's a good coach.
I think he is not only a poor coach but clearly just not a smart person. I don’t think he is capable of running this offense and now we hear that he doesn’t even know the terminology even though he has been head coach here for 3 years. What does he do all day?

75boyz

Reaction score
I think he is not only a poor coach but clearly just not a smart person. I don’t think he is capable of running this offense and now we hear that he doesn’t even know the terminology even though he has been head coach here for 3 years. What does he do all day?

I hear ya, I was surprised by that even with this team's standards and I had become numb to their being able to shock me anymore. I thought the offseason blabbering was more McCarthy involvement in the offense...
And he doesn't even know the terminology?
Really?
You can't even make this s**t up.

Freakin' embarrassing laughing stock, lol

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
???
yeah he should have kept Landry-make him GM. He should have also kept Jimmy. He should have also kept Parcells. He should have also hired Belichick when he asked or Reid when he was looking. But he cant because they would get more credit than Jerry.
Instead we have to sit thru Campo, sit thru Garrett for 10 years, sit thru MM cause Jerry needs a puppet. Someone that if the team wins would make sure credit goes to Jerry. Jerry has made this team suck thru 26 years. Hes the common denominator.
Good coaches want to be here and would have us winning. Jerry's ego wont let him get one

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dak was crowned the holy leader by both Cowboys Executives and many fans. That means he takes the heat. Execs will usually trip over themselves defending that decision but fans have no such excuse.

Nobody is laying the fault under any ONE person or entity so we need to quash that bullcrap right now. Jerry & Co has been taking heat for years. Dak has been getting heat, Moore has been getting heat. MM has been getting heat. Players have been getting heat. It;s all we do is beech and moan about everyone.

I tried to give Noah Brown SOME credit...and both he and I get heat.

Not sure what you are giving heat about. We've done nothing but give heat. A few people have their agenda driven targets....some undeserved...but in general everyone is sick of all of it.

The real problem is the players may not have the most ultimate power...but when we see them not make a catch or throw or block.....THAT...is what we are HERE FOR! We're not here to watch people sign contracts and checks. It might be an easy target...but...you HAVE to play football! DAk can't throw a crossing route? CeeDee drops it? Pollard can;t block? The ultimate authority is always the head honcho....but play football too. RIght?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those 2 idiots are responsible for the state of the roster. How do you expect your team to improve when you never replaced the talent that was let go? Stupid.
When the #1 WR's are "let go"...and ther QB still can't throw a laser accurate crossing route....it's not about "replacing the talent that was let go". When the OC calls silly trick plays against a Super Bowl caliber team...and abandon a working run game... You might have to replace the talent that is still here.