CFZ Put the blame where it most belongs

glimmerman

Reaction score
They throw players under the bus because they can. And have. Built in excuses. Get a GM and set back and watch, if any GM worth it looks at this roster and is ok with it then a owner would replace the GM.

Not sure if they want out of Daks contract so they do this and watch the fail so they can cut players contracts and look good or cut staff you hired. MM is on the hot seat but if it’s for payton then JJ would have to give up picks. You can’t do that and get a QB in the draft.

JJ will rush players back. Dak will be back sooner than later. Gallup maybe playing this week.

Skullmiester

Reaction score
I’m not here to defend Dak. He was just flat awful Sun night and deserves a ton of criticism. Kellen Moore? Looked like a middle school coach in his first game. The WRs looked like guys that couldn’t get any separation. Cedee Lamb had 2 receptions on 11 targets. Terrance Steele couldn’t remember a snap count. The defense gave up 6 yards per rush. And on and on…

Those players looked as unprepared as they were in January vs the niners. That has to be on Mike McCarthy. When a team looks completely out of sync and unprepared, look first at the head coach and his assistants. Tampa Bay players said after the game that the Cowboys offensive scheme is easy to defend.

Lots of blame to go around. The players and coaches stunk it up and deserve their fair share of responsibility.

But folks…the blame for the lousy pitiful performance and pathetic state of this entire team we saw Sunday lays firmly at the feet of Jerry and his giggly sidekick son. The horrific smell coming out of AT&T originated from those two.

And what makes me a lot angrier than the players’ and coaches’ sorry performance is the continuing lousy performance of the guys who have THE most power in this organization. And unless I missed it, have taken ZERO responsibility for their failures.

Hearing SJ throw Cedee Lamb under the bus angers me not because Lamb didn’t deserve criticism. It was not hearing the Jones boys take any responsibility for their failure to once again put together a strong roster.

Get mad at Dak, and Cedee and Steele and McCarthy and Kellen if you choose. They deserve it. But get madder at the clowns who never take any personal responsibility for their failures and mistakes. That’s where the lions share of the blame belongs. They want all the credit and zero blame.

Spot on.
The 49ers strutted out with all the confidence in the world back in January while we looked petrified. Dak had the same wild eyes as he had on Sunday gone, the look of a player who had no confidence - that's all on MM and his preparation.

The reason for failure is as you say right at the very top, bad decisions made at that level affect everything and its been a continual catalogue of bad decisions.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not here to defend Dak. He was just flat awful Sun night and deserves a ton of criticism. Kellen Moore? Looked like a middle school coach in his first game. The WRs looked like guys that couldn’t get any separation. Cedee Lamb had 2 receptions on 11 targets. Terrance Steele couldn’t remember a snap count. The defense gave up 6 yards per rush. And on and on…

Those players looked as unprepared as they were in January vs the niners. That has to be on Mike McCarthy. When a team looks completely out of sync and unprepared, look first at the head coach and his assistants. Tampa Bay players said after the game that the Cowboys offensive scheme is easy to defend.

Lots of blame to go around. The players and coaches stunk it up and deserve their fair share of responsibility.

But folks…the blame for the lousy pitiful performance and pathetic state of this entire team we saw Sunday lays firmly at the feet of Jerry and his giggly sidekick son. The horrific smell coming out of AT&T originated from those two.

And what makes me a lot angrier than the players’ and coaches’ sorry performance is the continuing lousy performance of the guys who have THE most power in this organization. And unless I missed it, have taken ZERO responsibility for their failures.

Hearing SJ throw Cedee Lamb under the bus angers me not because Lamb didn’t deserve criticism. It was not hearing the Jones boys take any responsibility for their failure to once again put together a strong roster.

Get mad at Dak, and Cedee and Steele and McCarthy and Kellen if you choose. They deserve it. But get madder at the clowns who never take any personal responsibility for their failures and mistakes. That’s where the lions share of the blame belongs. They want all the credit and zero blame.

A lot of the balls thrown to lamb were over his head or behind him. It just seemed like Moore and Dak had no idea how to attack the Tampa defense. The routes were wrong for that kind of cover zone. The only guy who understood what had to be done was Dalton who was finding the soft spots in the zone. But the biggest problem, and Collingsworth pointed it out all night, was a lack of speed and ability to get over the top of the zone. We have nobody who can stretch the field........ and the one guy who might be able to make a play, Turpin, had ZERO touches on offense..... not even a target.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
This team currently is a mess on the offensive side of the ball and it falls on everyone’s shoulders.
#1 - Coaches staff - I’ve heard to many times the other team knows what we are doing - MM was hired to be an offensive coach, be one. That was such a terrible game plan.

#2 - Jerry & Steven - they didn’t even try to replace starters with backups, it was more the backups backup. Injuries happen but the offensive line has three new starters. The Wide Receiver core as situated is probably the worst in the league. Noah Brown was only on the team because of special teams now he is the #2. The slot is a rookie undrafted free agent. It’s seems since Stephen has been given a little more control he is trying to prove he is the next Bill Belichick in trying to handle the salary cap with the belief everyone should be expendable with all replacements all ready in house. This team as put together with Cooper Rush now at QB is the worst offense in football and a coaching staff that can’t help make up for all the deficiencies. An honest assessment of the offense right now is we only have to above average starters for the positions they play - Martin and Schultz - that is on Stephen and Jerry. It also pisses me off that in the last year or so it’s been a common theme to throw the players under the bus instead of taking any accountability themselves. It was Ceedee last week, I know he didn’t have a good game but it was pretty obvious the Bucs planned to double team him on every snap.

#3 - The Offensive players - the only bright spot from that game is that Tyler Smith can be a player and maybe Zeke looked better then expected. The penalties are just terrible, especially the before the snap (4?) I think Dak is better then most do on this board but the always positive over confident attitude has to go. This allows Stephen and Jerry to make him the scapegoat when things go bad. It is obvious after the first game and from observations at camp that this team was going to struggle offensively and it only going to get worse.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This team currently is a mess on the offensive side of the ball and it falls on everyone’s shoulders.
#1 - Coaches staff - I’ve heard to many times the other team knows what we are doing - MM was hired to be an offensive coach, be one. That was such a terrible game plan.

#2 - Jerry & Steven - they didn’t even try to replace starters with backups, it was more the backups backup. Injuries happen but the offensive line has three new starters. The Wide Receiver core as situated is probably the worst in the league. Noah Brown was only on the team because of special teams now he is the #2. The slot is a rookie undrafted free agent. It’s seems since Stephen has been given a little more control he is trying to prove he is the next Bill Belichick in trying to handle the salary cap with the belief everyone should be expendable with all replacements all ready in house. This team as put together with Cooper Rush now at QB is the worst offense in football and a coaching staff that can’t help make up for all the deficiencies. An honest assessment of the offense right now is we only have to above average starters for the positions they play - Martin and Schultz - that is on Stephen and Jerry. It also pisses me off that in the last year or so it’s been a common theme to throw the players under the bus instead of taking any accountability themselves. It was Ceedee last week, I know he didn’t have a good game but it was pretty obvious the Bucs planned to double team him on every snap.

#3 - The Offensive players - the only bright spot from that game is that Tyler Smith can be a player and maybe Zeke looked better then expected. The penalties are just terrible, especially the before the snap (4?) I think Dak is better then most do on this board but the always positive over confident attitude has to go. This allows Stephen and Jerry to make him the scapegoat when things go bad. It is obvious after the first game and from observations at camp that this team was going to struggle offensively and it only going to get worse.

#1 was a repeat of the infamous final game at Texas Stadium against the Ravens when Ray Lewis famously boasted how predictable the offense was.......... that was Garrets offense. Seems Moore has simply adapted Garrets offensive and just sprinkled in a few ill-timed trick plays.

#2 Jerry and his boy exist in a bubble and continually overrate their own players b/c they don't really pay attention to the rest of the league.

#3. Schultz was also a bright spot. He consistently gave the QB an outlet and found the seems in the zone.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
$8 soda at the stadium is pretty impressive. Swanky clubs, airports and hotels don't charge that much.

Prices are pretty much the same at any venue any sport. And Jerry does not set the prices. The vendors are outsourced on a contract.
And beer is $8 at the stadium, soda, $6. Ice tea $5, a friend sent a pic of one of the menu boards at a concession stand.
All still way too high, but it has been this way for years as all stadiums. A beer at Texas Stadium was $6.

A beer at Texas Live is $8 and $9.
A 20 ounce draft a a Rangers game was $12, 2 years ago, not sure what it was this year.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dallas had a handful of chances going to the Big Dance since the last 1995 apprearance. Only two quarterbacks have done so since the Aikman era. Romo & Prescott. Yet the hate for these two talented QB's is over whelming. That said, many fans really don't know the Cowboys history with the other 10 plus QB's since Aikman. If they did, they would have appreciated Romo & the current, Prescott! They are the only two that took Dallas to playoffs & won them as well. So, exactly, what IS the Cowboys problem?!

2014 Cowboys (12-4) under coach Jason (Dez caught it)
NFL officials Gene Steratore and Dean Blandino Dez' fourth-down catch at the Packers' 1-yard line was overturned by replay late in the fourth quarter. Bryant took three steps and lunged for the goal line after making the catch -- and it was a catch.

2007 Cowboys (13-3) under coach Wade Phillips (Phillips made great moves in his first season as Cowboys coach, but he let off the gas late in the season and the team could not regain its footing which lead to Giants 21-17 playoff loss in Texas. Eli signed the urinal)

This was the most talented Dallas team since the Super Bowl days. The Cowboys had 13 Pro Bowlers. They had Romo in his first full season as a starter. They had an offense that could win through the air (Witten, receivers Terrell Owens and Patrick Crayton) or on the ground (running backs Julius Jones and Marion Barber) with an offensive line that featured three Pro Bowlers (Flozell Adams, Leonard Davis and Andre Gurode). They also had a defense that could more than hold its own with DeMarcus Ware, Greg Ellis and Jay Ratliff anchoring the front seven, and defensive backs Roy Williams and Terence Newman.

2016 Cowboys (13-3) under Garrett (third-and-21, Rodgers spun to his left and fired a dart to tight end Jared Cook at the sideline for a 35-yard gain to the Dallas 33 with 3 seconds left. Mason Crosby hit a 51-yard FG)

Carried by the youth of quarterback Dak and running back Zeke, the Cowboys did not enter the playoffs with the scars of 2006, 2007 or 2014. Like the 2014 Cowboys, they were carried by the league's leading rusher, Elliott, and the NFL's best offensive line, which helped protect a defense that had one Pro Bowler (linebacker Sean Lee) and the NFL's top-ranked run defense. This team became hardened with wins at Pittyburger and Green Bay and seemed headed for a run of successful seasons. Yes, DAK beat good teams & he beat them in their own house.

2006 Cowboys (9-7) under coach Bill Parcells (blunder in Seattle)

The Cowboys' season was saved when Romo became the starting quarterback in Week 7. They won five of his first six starts to get into the playoffs. The Cowboys closed with three losses in four games, which took away momentum, but with Parcells' two Super Bowls and an experienced staff, the Cowboys appeared ready to make a move in the postseason in a conference that did not have a dominant team.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Prices are pretty much the same at any venue any sport. And Jerry does not set the prices. The vendors are outsourced on a contract.
And beer is $8 at the stadium, soda, $6. Ice tea $5, a friend sent a pic of one of the menu boards at a concession stand.
All still way too high, but it has been this way for years as all stadiums. A beer at Texas Stadium was $6.

A beer at Texas Live is $8 and $9.
A 20 ounce draft a a Rangers game was $12, 2 years ago, not sure what it was this year.
I was there Sunday. $8.05 for a bottle of soda. When you squeeze the concessionaires, they are going to pass that squeeze along to the consumer.

wecasa

Reaction score
I disagree. Jerry desperately wants to win.

He just doesn't know how to do it.
The NFL is a copycat league. Which ever team had success, that plan gets copied from team to team. Patriot way, rams way, chiefs way. Pick one and go. The Jones company wildcatter plan has never worked. Dr Jones has enough money and resources to bring in anyone to reset this franchise. Money. That's all. For himself and his kin. The Cowboys are the Jones company cash cow. They do nothing to win and still are worth 8 billion. Why try hard when you can just get by and still be #1...

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Mike's off season plan was to stop the penalties and be more involved with the offense.
HE FAILED!.
Everytime I saw him staring at the jumbo tron I wanted to just slap him
Send him and his minions packing

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was there Sunday. $8.05 for a bottle of soda. When you squeeze the concessionaires, they are going to pass that squeeze along to the consumer.

Was that a bottle, or in a souvenir cup.
I remember years ago there was a different price for a regular or a souvenir cup. Do they even offer that anymore?

Is the bottle a new thing, they did not have the when I went. I guess a plastic bottle? 12 or 16 ounce? Still way too much.
2014 last time I was there. Beer was around $8 even then.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mike's off season plan was to stop the penalties and be more involved with the offense.
HE FAILED!.
Everytime I saw him staring at the jumbo tron I wanted to just slap him
Send him and his minions packing

Some of his minions are ok. At least on defense, but a few need to go.
On offense, yes just about all of them. Especially OL coach.
However the guy that needs to go before MM is Kellen Moore. Fire him, and actually the rest may be ok as well.

I am not against MM, but at this point not for him either. I am AGAINST Moore, never wanted him here.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Was that a bottle, or in a souvenir cup.
I remember years ago there was a different price for a regular or a souvenir cup. Do they even offer that anymore?

Is the bottle a new thing, they did not have the when I went. I guess a plastic bottle? 12 or 16 ounce? Still way too much.
2014 last time I was there. Beer was around $8 even then.
Bottle. Prolly 16 oz. Served by vendor kiosks inside the stadium. 2014 was lights years ago. The escalations in pricing, including tickets, has been dramatic since then. I am working on my exit plan from Jerry World. The quality of the product does not meet the cost.

Forgot... regular size bottle of water $7.05

reddyuta

Reaction score
they deliberately made no effort to upgrade the backup qb position, they were ok with Rush or grier.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bottle. Prolly 16 oz. Served by vendor kiosks inside the stadium. 2014 was lights years ago. The escalations in pricing, including tickets, has been dramatic since then. I am working on my exit plan from Jerry World. The quality of the product does not meet the cost.

I got out in 2016. So I miss typed, last game was 2015.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I disagree. Jerry desperately wants to win.

He just doesn't know how to do it.

Bull ..... He knows exactly how to do it ...... Hire a football guy and let him run the football part of the team.
He did it his first 5 years as owner of the team ...... Then his ego stepped in.

He does not desperately want to win and I wish people would stop saying that.

He only wants to win if he gets the credit ....... Other than that he does not give a *?!@ about this team or it's fans.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some of his minions are ok. At least on defense, but a few need to go.
On offense, yes just about all of them. Especially OL coach.
However the guy that needs to go before MM is Kellen Moore. Fire him, and actually the rest may be ok as well.

I am not against MM, but at this point not for him either. I am AGAINST Moore, never wanted him here.
MM is attached to his buddy Joe Philbin at the hip both must go
Quinn can keep who he likes on defense

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I listed my tickets before the draft in 2016. Had an offer from some guy in Seattle. But he wanted to buy all the tickets for the 2016 season at face value.
I had a chance to get out at break even for my PSL's. So took it, and have not regretted it for a second.