QB Aaron Rodgers has a torn Achilles, the MRI has confirmed

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
KARMA!!! Rodgers is paying the price for years of taunting and being a cocky and disrespectful opponent...

the-belt-is-mine-aaron-rodgers.gif

3o6wrp-D9a-Oj-Lc5-Q61-W.gif

l0-Hl-He-Ggkzfw-W8-Sv6.gif

ou-Ra-CHk-ISh6-Wz-Evme0.gif

KARMA finally caught up to this slimeball!
If bad karma were responsible, he wouldn't be filthy rich.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Nobody can predict an injury. You can't use that as some sort of proof your were correct. It's patently absurd.
I never said I didn’t want to sign him because I thought he would suffer a season-ending injury. It would’ve been stupid in the situation we’re in with what we already have to give up draft picks for a 40 year old QB who hasn’t won anything in 12 years. Plus he and McCarthy don’t have a good relationship. Rodgers wouldn’t have wanted to play in Dallas.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's not fair. Some empty chest thumping. Injuries are dumb luck sometimes. Only thing going against him was he was older, but he doesn't have much history of injuries. I'd still take him for a first round swap and 5th rounder, or whatever bargain deal it was. You can't find QBs like that.
He was older, it would’ve been stupid to give up a first round pick and then some for a 40 year old QB with what we already have. Rodgers and McCarthy didn’t have a good relationship and he wouldn’t have wanted to play with the Cowboys anyway. Plus, he could have suffered the same injury with us.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
My second string fantasy quarterback behind Justin Herbert.
I'd better hit the waiver wire.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The Jets offensive line is TERRIBLE!!! or as Charles Barkley would say TURRIBLE!!!
Just as long as McCarthy manages Dak, and Dak minimizes his mistakes, we should be good.
I think as soon as Micah and the Boyz heard Aaron Rodgers was out for the season and Zack Wilson is starting, they started salivating.
Zack's about to get an up-close-and-personal look at speed he has not seen the likes of.

pitt33

Reaction score
Kevin Smith was an outstanding cornerback for the Dallas Cowboys. He snapped his Achilles and tried to make a comeback.

Different era you may say. But he was never the same.
Smith was one of my favorite players. And you’re right.. he was never the same after his tear. But I think that particular injury is more detrimental to cornerbacks given the movements of that position (back peddle, sharp cuts, etc). And perhaps Rodgers - who plants and pushes off with his right foot/leg - could have a better prognosis to return fully healthy?

Just conjecture on my part but I just can’t see him going out like that.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
My cousin is head of security at MetLife Stadium. Sent me a picture of himself driving Rodgers through the stadium.
Aaron rodgers is sitting there 5 minutes removed from a bad, painful injury, a season ending, and possibly a career ending injury....and your cousin decides to take a picture of him so he can brag to everyone that he's the cool guy driving the golf cart off the field?

Not sure what's more pathetic.....him taking the pic to brag about something so lame....or you bagging that your cousin was the lame guy that did that.

Andbhe's "head of security "? Hope he gets fired.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I saw a tweet earlier where Aaron supposedly did not want to call the type of play he was hurt on, because those style of blocking plays would eliminate the quick pass. Wonder how he feels about Hackett now. Lol

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Who's that QB that filled in for Lamar Jackson last year? That guy looked pretty good every time I saw him....and i think had a good starting record.

If I'm Baltimore.....knowing your gonna have to build ur team with cheap draft picks going forward...I'd be on the phone dangling that carrot to the jets.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Kevin Smith was an outstanding cornerback for the Dallas Cowboys. He snapped his Achilles and tried to make a comeback.

Different era you may say. But he was never the same.
It's not about the era but rather new techniques to repair the tendon that changed the prognosis as opposed to what Pup when through.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
It's not about the era but rather new techniques to repair the tendon that changed the prognosis as opposed to what Pup when through.
I get that. Yet he is also almost forty, and that is a factor that cannot be denied. While surgical procedures are vastly improved, healing a forty year old versus a 26 year old has no real magic bullet.

I could be wrong. I often am. But I don't believe he can come back and play at the level everyone has seen in the past. His arm will still work. His mind will still work. But how long is the recovery back to normal for him? One season? Two?

And what will be going through his mind as he plays? Will he think about the injury? Be cautious?

As he goes through rehab, his life clock will still be ticking.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Who's that QB that filled in for Lamar Jackson last year? That guy looked pretty good every time I saw him....and i think had a good starting record.

If I'm Baltimore.....knowing your gonna have to build ur team with cheap draft picks going forward...I'd be on the phone dangling that carrot to the jets.
Tyler Huntley did not look too good last season. He really has not been able to move the ball down field(8.8 yards per completion). The Ravens are 3-5 when he has to start as well as 0-1 in the playoffs.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HuntTy01.htm

joseephuss

Reaction score
I get that. Yet he is also almost forty, and that is a factor that cannot be denied. While surgical procedures are vastly improved, healing a forty year old versus a 26 year old has no real magic bullet.

I could be wrong. I often am. But I don't believe he can come back and play at the level everyone has seen in the past. His arm will still work. His mind will still work. But how long is the recovery back to normal for him? One season? Two?

And what will be going through his mind as he plays? Will he think about the injury? Be cautious?

As he goes through rehab, his life clock will still be ticking.
Greg Ellis ruptured his achilles tendon in mid-November of 2006 at 31 years old. He returned to playing in late September of 2007 and added a couple of more seasons afterwards. Each situation is different. Being older could definitely be a factor just like modern surgery, treatments, PT and training can also impact Rodgers recovery. I would not be surprised if he returns and does well and I also would not be surprised if he struggled or if he decided to retire.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Love him or hate him, it’s aweful for a career like his to end this way. I hope he makes it back.
I wanted to see him play for the jets, and see how it went, now the jets are somewhat boring.
As for him coming back, it is possible. But he is old and rich, so maybe he will just retire.
Maybe he feels he owes the jets, and comes back who knows.
He seemed to be excited about the season, and playing for his new team, many wanted to see what would happen, and 1 play on the funky turf
and it all went out the window.