QB Aaron Rodgers has a torn Achilles, the MRI has confirmed

Swagger

Reaction score
People in the media banging about his age as the main reason it happened - how come Dobbins tore his achilles as well when he's 24 years old? Injuries happen in sport and the astroturf surface may have played a factor.

Rodgers is in great shape regardless of his age. I think he makes it back and decides to play next season.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I bet he comes back.
Kevin Smith was an outstanding cornerback for the Dallas Cowboys. He snapped his Achilles and tried to make a comeback.

Different era you may say. But he was never the same.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
That really sucks for jets fans. Right off the bat at the start of the season too. Unless they can get brady out of retirement Might as well roll with Wilson.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I do not think he ends his career this way. I think he gives it another go next year and then retires.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Kevin Smith was an outstanding cornerback for the Dallas Cowboys. He snapped his Achilles and tried to make a comeback.

Different era you may say. But he was never the same.
Wow, now that's an apples to oranges comparison if I've ever heard one. Rodgers doesn't have to make the sudden starts, stop, cuts, jumps, acceleration, or cover the distance a CB has to make on any play, much less every play.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
"hell of a player" won a single Super Bowl...on a wild card team...that was 10-6 during the regular season.
4 time MVP….don’t get that by being a scrub….he didn’t have the team success that some others had, but his stats and highlights are HOF for sure….would have loved to have drafted him instead of Spears in 2005….bet you would have too.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Wow, now that's an apples to oranges comparison if I've ever heard one. Rodgers doesn't have to make the sudden starts, stop, cuts, jumps, acceleration, or cover the distance a CB has to make on any play, much less every play.
Smith actually played pretty good after that tear he has, their defense was good in 1996. Agree, Rodgers doesn’t need the same type of recovery as he isn’t out there running and cutting like DBs.

stiletto

Reaction score
I do not think he ends his career this way. I think he gives it another go next year and then retires.
It's a long rehab for that injury. I assume he'll make the decision based on how it goes. Doubt he'd want to go out like that but he is also one of those "universe is telling me, mushroom people".

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
KARMA!!! Rodgers is paying the price for years of taunting and being a cocky and disrespectful opponent...

the-belt-is-mine-aaron-rodgers.gif

3o6wrp-D9a-Oj-Lc5-Q61-W.gif

l0-Hl-He-Ggkzfw-W8-Sv6.gif

ou-Ra-CHk-ISh6-Wz-Evme0.gif

KARMA finally caught up to this slimeball!