QB Analysis Week 2 Trey Lance

rambo2

Reaction score
Since Week 1 was posted here is Week 2 by the same guy:

Summary: Much improved from last week. A lot of “outstanding” comments.

Criticism: Accuracy still a bit off on throws that should be regular and easy.

One thing about Lance he will always be able to run. He should be the 2nd qb and they should cut Rush.

rambo2

Reaction score
The bottom line is Trey has done nothing to supplant Cooper Rush as QB2. Unless resigning him is dirt cheap, continuing this experiment should not happen.
Yes, he has. They will probably sign Lance to an extension. He is a good qb to sit behind Dak.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree 100% with your post STC. Anytime a guy dedicates 5 or 6 pages of strong negativity to a guy with no more experience than Lance has despite showing the improvements we've seen so far while allowing the player absolutely no quarter whatsoever, kind of screams unfair "agenda".
We don't know enough at this point to predict with any certainty how far Lance can go, but he's showing plenty of promise to keep working with him. I think the guy looks to be well worth the 4th round pick it took to acquire him, and all that negativity is total overkill.
Roger that Buzz. If he does flame out...okay. But why not cheer him on....Watch and acknowledge progress. It's not a competition amongst our prognostications....it;s WE ARE COWBOYS!

I do like STC moniker...btw.....has a certain ring to it. :)

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Roger that Buzz. If he does flame out...okay. But why not cheer him on....Watch and acknowledge progress. It's not a competition amongst our prognostications....it;s WE ARE COWBOYS!

I do like STC moniker...btw.....has a certain ring to it. :)
I agree, but to a few I think it IS a competition, it's like they want to be first in line to say "I told ya so!" :laugh:

Chasing6

Reaction score
I agree, but to a few I think it IS a competition, it's like they want to be first in line to say "I told ya so!" :laugh:
Preseason is practice that is it. Nothing else.

If/when Trance sits the entire season what did he actually accomplish?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep...some have to do perpetual double downs. If wrong...they slink into the darkness. If right...man we never hear the end of it!

Banking up those told ya so's just in case!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watching Dak lose the 2024 playoffs and preparing to start in 2025.
If the season goes as many predict he may be taking over once it is apparent Dak did not get us to the playoffs.

Preseason is practice that is it. Nothing else.

If/when Trance sits the entire season what did he actually accomplish?
Didn't you predict like an 8 or 9 win season. Once no playoffs look like a lock, that is when.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If the season goes as many predict he may be taking over once it is apparent Dak did not get us to the playoffs.

Didn't you predict like an 8 or 9 win season. Once no playoffs look like a lock, that is when.
I am not predicting anything. Too many factors in an NFL season, specifically injuries.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think losing Sam was a big blow to our pass rush and the season has not even started.
I agree. Hopefully Kneeland learns quick by fire.
Maybe muhammed or Lawson fills in the gap some. And a light comes on for Golston.