QB Competition

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
What happened to serious competition at the QB position? I can't remember in this century any QB competition in Dallas. I remember back when Jimmy had Aikman and Walsh and they actually competed for the starting job. To go back further, Roger Staubach and Craig Morrison were in serious competition. Seems like for the last 25 years, Jerry and his merry band of clowns have had their guy at QB, no need for competition.

Lance was a 3rd overall pick, was SF that far off? What is wrong with giving Lance an equal chance at beating out Dak this year? Maybe tell Dak, "hey we're going to give this guy Lance a serious chance to take your job". Why? "Because you suck in big games". Sometimes a player needs to be looking over their shoulder to put forth that 110% effort needed to win in the NFL.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What happened to serious competition at the QB position? I can't remember in this century any QB competition in Dallas. I remember back when Jimmy had Aikman and Walsh and they actually competed for the starting job. To go back further, Roger Staubach and Craig Morrison were in serious competition. Seems like for the last 25 years, Jerry and his merry band of clowns have had their guy at QB, no need for competition.

Lance was a 3rd overall pick, was SF that far off? What is wrong with giving Lance an equal chance at beating out Dak this year? Maybe tell Dak, "hey we're going to give this guy Lance a serious chance to take your job". Why? "Because you suck in big games". Sometimes a player needs to be looking over their shoulder to put forth that 110% effort needed to win in the NFL.
Money...that's what happened. One QB makes over 50 million and another 2 to 5 million. Just about every teaming the NFL has the same problem. Wilson must have regressed badly for the Broncos to take a 40 million dollar hit.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Money...that's what happened. One QB makes over 50 million and another 2 to 5 million. Just about every teaming the NFL has the same problem. Wilson must have regressed badly for the Broncos to take a 40 million dollar hit.
I think it’s probably more about him and Sean Payton not being on same page.

Obviously Denver believes more in Payton than Wilson who played pretty well second half of season. He’s got some game left.

It’s going to cost Denver 85 million over 2 years. Huge hit to their cap. How about that for a severance check. Lol

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think it’s probably more about him and Sean Payton not being on same page.

Obviously Denver believes more in Payton than Wilson who played pretty well second half of season. He’s got some game left.

It’s going to cost Denver 85 million over 2 years. Huge hit to their cap. How about that for a severance check. Lol
didnt they hire wilson before payton? The FO really messed up They should have waited till payton was there to get a costly QB like wilson.
They must not have got along.
Denver/payton signed Dinucci then put him on PS all but 3 games, they brought him up for 3 games so he could get the full pay promised,
but didnt play him lol.
Now they resigned him but intend to start still well, and maybe draft a QB.

I thought Dinucci was ready to start for a NFL TEAM coming off the year he had playing fulltime in the other league.
But now after sitting around for 1 year and maybe 2 it is going to dull the edge he had.
I hope he is making decent money, but he might have been better off waiting for a starting job or stay with that xfl team.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

There is no competition when you have a franchise QB like Dak.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

SF was so far off they dumped Lance for only a 4th round pick and he lasted only 2 seasons. No one on the roster is better than Dak and would beat him out. It would be beyond stupid to risk him in a QB competition in preseason. The only QB competition this summer will be between Rush and Lance.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Sounds like we might have a serious competition at back up QB.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Cuz the Dakolytes would cry about Jerry being disrespectful to "their guy." Then they'd cry more when he started throwing picks all over the place in preseason games and practice because of the pressure to win the job. Then they'd cry more when he demanded a trade "because of the disrespect" and definitely not because of the choking in preseason games and practice.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I expect the competition in Cowboys' TC this year to be between Cooper Rush and Trey Lance for the backup QB spot. The FO loves Dak far too much for them to seriously consider giving Lance an opportunity to challenge him. Whether it's justified or not is another issue, yet to be resolved.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I anticipate the competition in Cowboys' TC this year to be between Cooper Rush and Trey Lance for the backup QB spot.
They will likely know before then.

QB3 doesn’t get a lot of snaps in camp.

It will show in the preseason games also.

The kid can play.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

the walsh pick was a mistake by Johnson, who drafted a QB he coached in college. they quickly fixed that mistake. if you think there was real competition, then you are very young and don't know much outside of what you assume to have happened.

How about Dak & Romo? no, not a competition?

and Lance has shown he is far from ready to be a good starting QB in the NFL. 3rd over all? so what. many top 5 QB picks have failed. Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, Andre Ware, and so on and so on and so on. Lance is a work in progress. he has to win the back up job from Rush first before he can even compete for starting position.

what is wrong with Giving Lance a chance? because Dak will eat his lunch. right now, Lance isn't close to anything for any type of competition.

yes, Dak sucks in big games. Lance sucks in regular season games. what do you think will happen to him in big games.