CFZ QB/Head Coach combinations

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And Jerry is okay with that too, lol.
It’s enough for him to hype and provide hope for . He’d of course like more success but he isn’t willing to get out of the way . It is what it is. We are what we are.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
For the sake of argument what if it was Moores offense that propelled Prescott to look and produce more prolific passing game numbers . And it was Dak’s performance or lack of execution which derailed or limited the results.

I guess we are fixing to find out with MM taking over offense . We’ll finally know whether it was Garrett and Moore who muddied the waters with Prescott or is the core problem Dak himself .
It probably was. But let’s be honest…. Dak was Dak before Kellen came along as a OC.

JohnBoy

Reaction score
How did the super productive regular season but not postseason scheme look against the Buccaneers the week before the 49ers?

It's not the coordinator. It's the fraud you have behind the center.

Kellen Moore joins a long line of scapegoats this year. Next year is McCarthy's turn. Round and round we go.
Could very well be. I'm not arguing it isn't.

Dak - and because of that the OC and HC, heck the whole team - looked pretty darn good against TB in the wildcard game. But in the playoffs, the wildcards are the very first round, and lopsided matchups are engineered by the seeding. As soon as that same HC/OC/QB got to a much higher-quality team 7 days later, it was a radically different story, and it was clearly the offense that lost that game.

Still doesn't 'disprove' what the OP is suggesting. Nor would the idea that #4 is a 'fraud': the HC/QB pair may end up better than the sum of its parts, but it still has to start out from the sum of those parts. Lol...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Bottomline IMO:

We aren’t one of the best teams nor have one of the best QB’s. Making a Divisional Round is about as much as I’d expect with them.
It’s Mahomes vs everyone else. If we don’t have one of the best teams or one of the best quarterbacks then no one does but be Chiefs. Jalen Hurts was in the SB. Brock Purdy was almost ther.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s Mahomes vs everyone else. If we don’t have one of the best teams or one of the best quarterbacks then no one does but be Chiefs. Jalen Hurts was in the SB. Brock Purdy was almost ther.
They don’t have a dysfunctional ownership trying to surround a less than Elite QB.

I’m amazed these fools are able to muster up a divisional round team. Lol

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Of course it will to most fans and critics .
it will only matter to those who think it helps their argument.... in the end diferent players with diferent skillsets diferent obstacles in the way, not really remotley the same situation.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
it will only matter to those who think it helps their argument.... in the end diferent players with diferent skillsets diferent obstacles in the way, not really remotley the same situation.
And it will support their arguments. Much like Garrett flopping in NY supported those arguments against him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They don’t have a dysfunctional ownership trying to surround a less than Elite QB.

I’m amazed these fools are able to muster up a divisional round team. Lol
Ehh that’s a good point. In the past I didn’t think anyone was good enough to win with Jerry up top…..still feel that way but I won’t say the roster isn’t built well. It is. They are just trying to win a way that hasn’t been proven to win….

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Of course it will to most fans and critics .
You’re right about that. I’ll call it now….first week of the season Cowboys will win probably a sluggish 24 to 21 win and the Chargers will win 40 to 10 and fans on this site will say “see intold you so!!!”….only gonna take one week lol.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
And it will support their arguments. Much like Garrett flopping in NY supported those arguments against him.
Flopping as the OC in NY didnt really mean much against 7 (or 8 whatever it was) of being the HC here to me, his HC job here stands on its own and to me it was not good...opinions vary for sure. If he would've flourished as the NY OC it would not have changed my opinion on his HC job here.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Flopping as the OC in NY didnt really mean much against 7 (or 8 whatever it was) of being the HC here to me, his HC job here stands on its own and to me it was not good...opinions vary for sure. If he would've flourished as the NY OC it would not have changed my opinion on his HC job here.
But it wouldn’t have supported those opinions. It does matter whether it affects our opinions or not . Public perception is at stake.

Big_D

Reaction score
This should've been the combo from day 1. Not hire an offensive coach then hand the reins to yet another OC with no experience.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well its near impossible to logically say "The OC over achieved with the QB who is physically putting up the numbers you like", Prescott didnt just get lucky nor did KM call "Plays that worked against every team but SF" again one can not achieve anything without the other. KM doesnt call empty set 5 wide on 3 and 2 because he is protecting Dak....that wouldnt make sense would it? Now if you say neither Dak nor KM can get it done in the playoffs we are 100% in agreement.
"Now if you say neither Dak nor KM can get it done in the playoffs we are 100% in agreement."

Now if you say neither Dak, the OL, the run game, ALL WRS but Lamb, ALL TES, nor KM can get it done in the playoffs we are 100% in agreement.

fixed it.

reality, the OL gets beat down vs 9ers and other of the top DL/Front 7 groups that's a fact, go see how the run game in the last 3 Playoff loses were NON existent. No run game, easy to pass rush with base d , play max converge no one's getting open, FACTS! we still blaming dak for stagnant offense in which and OL had 11 penalties for like 80yards called back both plays played behind the chains, UMM OK..

please stop the " its on dak:..i never once saw Troy have to go without Emmitt and that OL blowing defenders off the line.. starts and end in the trenches and dak and moores biggest hurdle is overcoming an OL who are overmatched in those type of games. they just aren't physical enough.

you ay only in the 9ers game how about the rams game 2018 no run game OL overmatched DL got ran over. how about TB game 1 horrible game pan , abandoned the run game and no one got open.. look at both Washington games the run game where was it pollard 1 YPC

i mean better DLs shut
down our OL which causes the qb/RB and yes the OC to struggle.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Take a look at the dynasty teams of the NFL. What is it that they all have in common?

1950’s Cleveland Browns: Otto Graham / Paul Brown

1960’s Green Bay Packers: Bart Starr / Vince Lombardi

1970’s Miami Dolphins: Bob Griese / Don Shula

1970’s Pittsburgh Steelers: Terry Bradshaw / Chuck Knoll

1970’s Dallas Cowboys: Roger Staubach / Tom Landry

1970’s Minnesota Vikings: Fran Tarkenton / Bud Grant

1980’s San Francisco 49ers: Joe Montana / Bill Walsh

1980’s Denver Broncos: John Elway / Dan Reeves

1980’s Washington: multiple QB’s / Joe Gibbs

1990’s Buffalo Bills: Jim Kelly / Marc Levy

1990’s Dallas Cowboys: Troy Aikman / Jimmy Johnson

1990’s Denver Broncos: John Elway / Mike Shanahan

2000’s New England Patriots: Tom Brady / Bill Belichick

2000’s Pittsburgh Steelers: Ben Roethlisberger / Multiple Head Coaches

2010’s New England Patriots: Tom Brady / Bill Belichick

2020’s Kansas City Chiefs: Patrick Mahomes / Andy Reid

There are very few dynastic teams that didn’t rely on a unique pairing of QB and Head Coach. Defense first teams occasionally win a Super Bowl, but none became dynasties without a head coach / QB combination on the other side of the ball. Even losing dynasties like the Cowboys and Vikings, who combined for 9 of the 10 Super Bowls in the 1970’s, the 1980 Broncos and 1990’s Bills relied on QB / Head Coach combinations to get to 3 or more Super Bowls in a decade.

There are not many coaches like Bill Parcells and Joe Gibbs who’ve won with different QB’s. And there are very few QB’s, such as Joe Montana, Troy Aikman and Tom Brady who’ve won with multiple hard coaches.

The relationship between the QB and Head Coach is the key relationship that leads to championships; and in almost every case, the Head Coach got to choose his dynastic QB.

The Cowboys current Head Coach Mike McCarthy didn’t get to choose his QB. Nevertheless, if the current edition of the Cowboys is to ever win a Super Bowl, then the relationship between Dak and McCarthy will be why. That is one reason that Cowboys fans should be gratified that McCarthy is going to be calling the plays. If Dak cannot win with McCarthy, it is unlikely that he’ll ever become a winner. But at least he has a chance now that Garrett and Moore are gone. And Dak is the last chance McCarthy will get to become a great Head Coach.
None of them had a owner and GM like Jerry Dumbo GM Jones.

Tex Schramm said You can not win without leadership and stability at Head Coach, Quarterback, and Ownership. It lasted 29 years in Dallas before the Ownership changed twice, changed Head Coaches 9 times, and the Owner cannot fire the GM.

Nothing will matter at Head Coach and Quarterback until your Owner stops being the GM and defacto Head Coach.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Take a look at the dynasty teams of the NFL. What is it that they all have in common?

1950’s Cleveland Browns: Otto Graham / Paul Brown

1960’s Green Bay Packers: Bart Starr / Vince Lombardi

1970’s Miami Dolphins: Bob Griese / Don Shula

1970’s Pittsburgh Steelers: Terry Bradshaw / Chuck Knoll

1970’s Dallas Cowboys: Roger Staubach / Tom Landry

1970’s Minnesota Vikings: Fran Tarkenton / Bud Grant

1980’s San Francisco 49ers: Joe Montana / Bill Walsh

1980’s Denver Broncos: John Elway / Dan Reeves

1980’s Washington: multiple QB’s / Joe Gibbs

1990’s Buffalo Bills: Jim Kelly / Marc Levy

1990’s Dallas Cowboys: Troy Aikman / Jimmy Johnson

1990’s Denver Broncos: John Elway / Mike Shanahan

2000’s New England Patriots: Tom Brady / Bill Belichick

2000’s Pittsburgh Steelers: Ben Roethlisberger / Multiple Head Coaches

2010’s New England Patriots: Tom Brady / Bill Belichick

2020’s Kansas City Chiefs: Patrick Mahomes / Andy Reid

There are very few dynastic teams that didn’t rely on a unique pairing of QB and Head Coach. Defense first teams occasionally win a Super Bowl, but none became dynasties without a head coach / QB combination on the other side of the ball. Even losing dynasties like the Cowboys and Vikings, who combined for 9 of the 10 Super Bowls in the 1970’s, the 1980 Broncos and 1990’s Bills relied on QB / Head Coach combinations to get to 3 or more Super Bowls in a decade.

There are not many coaches like Bill Parcells and Joe Gibbs who’ve won with different QB’s. And there are very few QB’s, such as Joe Montana, Troy Aikman and Tom Brady who’ve won with multiple hard coaches.

The relationship between the QB and Head Coach is the key relationship that leads to championships; and in almost every case, the Head Coach got to choose his dynastic QB.

The Cowboys current Head Coach Mike McCarthy didn’t get to choose his QB. Nevertheless, if the current edition of the Cowboys is to ever win a Super Bowl, then the relationship between Dak and McCarthy will be why. That is one reason that Cowboys fans should be gratified that McCarthy is going to be calling the plays. If Dak cannot win with McCarthy, it is unlikely that he’ll ever become a winner. But at least he has a chance now that Garrett and Moore are gone. And Dak is the last chance McCarthy will get to become a great Head Coach.
You forgot Sean Payton and Drew Brees. They have most of all the records.

Sean "Never Ever Gonna Coach for Jerry Jones" Payton.