QB Mike Hohensee Receives Rookie Mini-Camp Invite

plymkr

Reaction score
Hope he does well as well as the rest of the UDFA’s they signed.
My feeling with this guy is the same with all UDFAs. Basically very cheap contracts and if they produce that’s huge. Take Bass for example. He played as a backup for a 17 million dollar player and held his own.

I’m really hoping this guy makes a great impression and is signed before camp. If he could play himself into a back up role then we can cut Lance and Cooper and save roughly 5-7 million on salaries. That’s huge. And he’s young and can be developed for the future. I like Lance and Cooper but if we can find a gem that takes their spot and their salaries away and we keep quality backup then that’s a major win for the roster. I like my pet cats but I really like the team more and if this guy beats out Lance, who is a pet cat of mine, then great because Lance costs 5 million, this guy will cost bare minimum. I don’t see how anyone would not want the guy to flourish.

plymkr

Reaction score
Maybe he makes it to PS and gets some significant playing time.
Hopefully. I would like that. I’m excited about this guy because his dad played as a QB so he has been growing up with the sport.

Also I’d like to keep him as a punter. Imagine the fear of a QB being a punter. We all know McCarthy rolls the dice a lot. I’d love it if this guy makes the team as a punter and then we can hopefully develop him as a QB. Very intriguing project this one. I’m looking forward to preseason.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Come on man you are better than that. The kid is 24 years old. His father played in the NFL and then Arena Ball and then got into coaching. Kid also has been training with Don Beebe of Buffalo Bills fame. At worst he is a camp arm at best who knows maybe QB3 and and Lance or Rush are no longer here. Besides those 5 games Rush is a JAG and Lance is a bust
Yeah, I know. Its all good. I was embellishing it for a chuckle. Yeah, the kid has a chance to surprise us. Kurt warner signed off on him so that might give us some hope. He has some tools and instincts.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Nooch has found a great journeyman's career in this league thus far.
No he hasn't what delusional statement is that I think maybe you're mixing him up for getting on the field in the UFL literally hasn't done a single thing in the NFL literally I don't even know how many snaps he's taken in a preseason game let alone a live game so let's calm down see this is fan expectations make excuses for a ridiculously raw project that hasn't done a single thing but you watch how everyone talks about our actual pro quarterback...lmao that's what I'm saying this is the anything but Jack parade it's a circus going on here where everybody thinks Cooper rush can win more in the playoffs everybody thinks Trey Lance about to have a career just blow up on the scene literally anybody but Prescott that's what people want around here and it's insane the viewpoint coming from a player who's I'd say by the end of this year without injury we'll own most of the Dallas cowboy passing records...

I haven't looked lately but I know he's pretty damn close from passing Tony Romo and Troy for a lot of things man hasn't had a losing season but everyone's in a hurry to get rid of a player who was top three in his position last year coming up one of his best years arguably debatably wasn't the best you know why because he's had more than a handful of way above average season stat wise.... But yeah let's push them on out the door because we all know we look around the NFL it's really easy to find a quarterback of his caliber...​

shabazz

Reaction score
All kidding aside, we need to see some more qb competition hereand I'm not saying he's a true threat but than nobody thought Purdy was a threat......personally I'd like to see a higher playing pedigree in our players. ( as we all should)

Rush is limited physically, Lance is said to be limited mentally so where the hell does that leave us? Is that what's best for our team?

If we can leave out the Dak biases, we want a young guy that his it physically and mentally but just lacks experience which in a perfect world he would have gained BEHIND Dak.....but we don't do that here in Dallas

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yes both are unknown, but Lance, given his draft status vs an UDFA getting an invite to try out for a rookie camp, is comparing apples and boat anchors.
Lance is still in the developmental stage. He may amount to nothing, but what he becomes isn't set in stone yet. He just doesn't have much experience.

Both players are darts being thrown at the target to see if they hit, although what hit means for them is different. Both should be considered long shots at this point for different reasons

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We should get a good look at Lance this preseason. Looking forward to that.
Right. We all know the likely outcome, but that doesn't mean he can't exceed expectations. It happens all the time in this league.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
All kidding aside, we need to see some more qb competition hereand I'm not saying he's a true threat but than nobody thought Purdy was a threat......personally I'd like to see a higher playing pedigree in our players. ( as we all should)

Rush is limited physically, Lance is said to be limited mentally so where the hell does that leave us? Is that what's best for our team?

If we can leave out the Dak biases, we want a young guy that his it physically and mentally but just lacks experience which in a perfect world he would have gained BEHIND Dak.....but we don't do that here in Dallas
What do you think Lance is?

shabazz

Reaction score
What do you think Lance is?
A long shot cast off from a team with a QB Guru that couldn't get him to work despite giving up 3 draft picks for him.

I'd call him "longshot" that couldn't beat out the last pick in the 2022 draft.

Is it too much to sell that we get REAL competition at the Qb position?......Jerry loves fans like you. Lol

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Hopefully. I would like that. I’m excited about this guy because his dad played as a QB so he has been growing up with the sport.

Also I’d like to keep him as a punter. Imagine the fear of a QB being a punter. We all know McCarthy rolls the dice a lot. I’d love it if this guy makes the team as a punter and then we can hopefully develop him as a QB. Very intriguing project this one. I’m looking forward to preseason.
That'd be fun to watch.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

You'll love those 38 yard punts.:muttley:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
he was in college 4-5 years ago.
he has good accuracy, good movement, not a rocket arm, but good enough if used correctly.
I wonder if his name is indian, looks indian. Jim Thorpe at qb. Would like to see him in PS, but doubt he gets any or much time.

This vid filmed in such a way you can see he gets the ball to the right spot at same time as receiver is there.
Same for long balls.

Yuck! That was painful to watch. Horrible. Super weak arm. Lots of wobblers. Lots of super arching throws due to lack of strength and horrible mechanics.