QB Mike Hohensee Receives Rookie Mini-Camp Invite

jrumann59

Reaction score
Nice accessment, one thing I saw was he looks like a one read QB, except when he buys time in the pocket.

Maybe that's how he was coached at that level?
Most QBs coming out now are 1 read QBs, the successful ones are able to move on from that. Athletic QBs, the norm in HS and a lot of college is look here if it is not there then run. In the NFL that gets your QB killed.

plasticman

Reaction score
If you take your glasses off and stare at the name long enough you might be able to convince yourself that there is an "M" in front where the "H" is.

A couple of vowel changes and you have the best QB in the league today.

Rayman70

Reaction score
giphy.gif

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If you take your glasses off and stare at the name long enough you might be able to convince yourself that there is an "M" in front where the "H" is.

A couple of vowel changes and you have the best QB in the league today.
Kyler Murray?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
If that video is any kind of indication of what Hohensee has to offer, I'm beyond excited. If it's not enough that he throws so well on the run, he's quite evidently a threat as a runner as well. Looks like we might have a "live wire" available as a QB candidate this year. It's so very nice to see this! Many of those throws were against far less than ideal pass protection. There'll be some real competition at QB now, for a change! Am I dreaming?
Also noticed when he throws to a receiver on a crossing route, he doesn't throw behind him or make him stop or reach back, he hits him on the run full stride!! Nice to see for a change.

rambo2

Reaction score
Also noticed when he throws to a receiver on a crossing route, he doesn't throw behind him or make him stop or reach back, he hits him on the run full stride!! Nice to see for a change.
Is he a top 10 qb?

jrumann59

Reaction score
what is he, like 30? I like him but he was in the QB class of 2018. lol. SIX YEARS AGO. Thats a red flag.
Come on man you are better than that. The kid is 24 years old. His father played in the NFL and then Arena Ball and then got into coaching. Kid also has been training with Don Beebe of Buffalo Bills fame. At worst he is a camp arm at best who knows maybe QB3 and and Lance or Rush are no longer here. Besides those 5 games Rush is a JAG and Lance is a bust

gimmesix

Reaction score
Hope he does well as well as the rest of the UDFA’s they signed.
Right. I'll take help for my team anywhere I can get it. I always hope for the best with these UDFAs, knowing that very few of them are going to actually turn out to have noteworthy NFL careers.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Come on man you are better than that. The kid is 24 years old. His father played in the NFL and then Arena Ball and then got into coaching. Kid also has been training with Don Beeb of Buffalo Bills fame. At worst he is a camp arm at best who knows maybe QB3 and and Lance or Rush are no longer here. Besides those 5 games Rush is a JAG and Lance is a bust
I'm not sure it's fair to call Lance a bust while at the same time saying who knows about this kid. It is likely that Lance is a bust, just as it is likely Hohensee will just turn out to be a camp arm. We don't know for sure on either of them.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'm not sure it's fair to call Lance a bust while at the same time saying who knows about this kid. It is likely that Lance is a bust, just as it is likely Hohensee will just turn out to be a camp arm. We don't know for sure on either of them.
We should get a good look at Lance this preseason. Looking forward to that.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Yes both are unknown, but Lance, given his draft status vs an UDFA getting an invite to try out for a rookie camp, is comparing apples and boat anchors.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I understand that Hohensee took ballet lessons so I hope he doesn't insist on wearing a tutu and spin circularly on his tippy-toes into the huddle or to the sidelines.