QB Mike Hohensee Receives Rookie Mini-Camp Invite

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Oh, is that what is? I suspect no offer will happen.
I'm not sure why you seem so optimistic about some players we have no idea how they will turn out and positions that are suspect and seem to be going out of your to dismiss any possibility that this one might turn out better than expected.

rambo2

Reaction score
I'm not sure why you seem so optimistic about some players we have no idea how they will turn out and positions that are suspect and seem to be going out of your to dismiss any possibility that this one might turn out better than expected.
Did he even play in 2023?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Did he even play in 2023?
Who? Hohensee? He was the starting QB at Northwest Missouri State.

Here's a CBS Sports write-up on him:

Mike Hohensee, QB, NW Missouri State​

Hohensee (6-foot-1, 213 pounds) is one of the more intriguing prospects in the class. He's a true dual-threat at the position and the type of QB I'd classify as a "chain-mover." He's constantly converting first downs, putting his team in position to score the ball on each possession. The former Bearcat finished his career with more than 6,500 passing yards and 63 passing touchdowns while completing 68% of his passes with another 630 yards and 15 scores on the ground.

Hohensee is coming off a solid week of work at the College Gridiron Showcase, where he was able to move the offense down the field during the scrimmage.

What is also intriguing about him is that he is an excellent punter as well. During his career at Northwest Missouri State, he averaged 38.8 yards per punt, downing 42 inside the 20-yard line and forcing 15 fair catches. So, whether it's at QB or punter, expect Hohensee to generate some buzz during the pro day circuit.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...cluding-a-qb-who-also-stars-on-special-teams/

Then, there's this: Hohensee ranked No. 3 in NCAA active career passing completion percentage (68.1%). He ranked No. 5 in NCAA active career passing efficiency (164.83). He is one of five all-time Northwest quarterbacks with 60 or more touchdown passes (63). He finished his Bearcat career with 6,488 passing yards and 7,124 yards of total offense. In 2021, Hohensee set the Bearcat single-season passing completion percentage mark at 73.4% (148-of-201). He ranks No. 2 all-time in program history in completion percentage (68.9%).

In 2023, though, his completion percentage was down (62.8%) and he had 22 TD passes and 10 ints.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It doesn't matter. They are just using him for the rookie mini camp. That's it.
I'm wistfully hoping he turns out to be a pleasant surprise that wasn't expected to be a blessing. If not, I promise not to kill myself. :grin:

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Our next DeNucci.
You do realize what he did in the USFL or whatever the hell it's called now people wanted him back they were saying Denver got them a steal a future Geno Smith maybe you know a late bloomer apparently they were wrong but that is what this place does they got a new pet cat, anybody but dak campaign ,and now Denver released his butt, they literally just cut him..

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
This kid might be worth developing, but can he match the unattainable bar set by Cooper Rush???
Lol...Coop probably has one of the best winning percentages of any QB with 5 or more starts.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
He has better foot work than dak, his throwing base is more consistent. Keeps the ball high for quicker delivery but he does still have a little of a wind up. Arm strength is not great better than Rush, actually in a WC style offense he should do fine he does not need a big arm for most of the passes in a WCO
Nice accessment, one thing I saw was he looks like a one read QB, except when he buys time in the pocket.

Maybe that's how he was coached at that level?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You do realize what he did in the USFL or whatever the hell it's called now people wanted him back they were saying Denver got them a steal a future Geno Smith maybe you know a late bloomer apparently they were wrong but that is what this place does they got a new pet cat, anybody but dak campaign ,and now Denver released his butt, they literally just cut him..
The Nooch has found a great journeyman's career in this league thus far.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
It'd be nice if he turns out to be something special. The odds of that are long, but stranger things have happened. I think the same about Lance. I hope they both prove to be quality QBs.

raven55

Reaction score
can't be worse then dak he's been here 9 years and still makes 1st year mistakes