QB Paxton Lynch

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Yep, he's flying up draft boards.

He's definitely made me rethink my "defense no matter what" draft philosophy for this year.

Macnalty

Reaction score
I think this year's crop of top QB talent is subpar to other years it could easily be the weakest position of the draft behind TE's and CB's.
QB

1. Jared Goff, Cal

2. Connor Cook, Mich St

3. Christian Hackenberg, Penn St

4. Cardale Jones, Ohio St

5. Carson Wentz, North Dakota St
Guys rising fast: Paxton Lynch, Memphis, Jacob Coker Bama (yes that's how weak IMO)

The Talent for Next Draft class: Kyle Allen TAMU and Brad Kaaya Miami

Most Potential: Christian Hackenberg, Penn St

Would have to really have some inside information on an injury or something similar to consider moving up to pickup someone in this talent pool.

Bigdog

Reaction score
The kid from USC, Cody Kessler, I believe is his name intrigues me. I would not take him until the at least the 3rd but from what I read, he is pretty accurate but doesn't have a strong arm or is very big. I think he is only 6'2". I don't think that this is a very good class for qb's but I could be wrong.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The kid from USC, Cody Kessler, I believe is his name intrigues me. I would not take him until the at least the 3rd but from what I read, he is pretty accurate but doesn't have a strong arm or is very big. I think he is only 6'2". I don't think that this is a very good class for qb's but I could be wrong.

I agree. One thing I liked was the fact Kessler is one of the few who will actually get up under the center. Seems all the other QB are lined up in shotgun. Does not seem like a big deal but the being under center I think QB develops better foot work as opposed to the guy lined up in shotgun

bodi

Reaction score
mine goes
1.Jared Goff, Cal
2 Christian Hackenberg, Penn St
3 Carson Wentz, North Dakota St

5 .Connor Cook, Mich St -- got happy feet I think I take Paxton over Cook

not even on my board Cardale Jones, Ohio St

Sydla

Reaction score

He's getting 6th and 7th round draft grades at this point.

tm1119

Reaction score
Lynch
Hackenberg
Goff

Not interested in any other major school guys. Haven't really looked into the smaller schools guys yet, but if it's not 1 of the 3 above I wouldn't waste a pick on a qb this year.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Meh... Really didn't see much but deep throws and runs. Can this guy move chains with accurate passes in the middle?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Meh... Really didn't see much but deep throws and runs. Can this guy move chains with accurate passes in the middle?

Video was 2014 watching him this season the kid has really matured into a better QB hitting 71% of his passes and has 13 TD to 1 int.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
one huge stat many do not look at is completion percentage. If you cannot get near 65% in college you never will get near 60% in the NFL.

I'm a big fan of completion percentage and accuracy, but I wonder with all of the spread offenses if that diminishes the completion percentage rule some.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Video was 2014 watching him this season the kid has really matured into a better QB hitting 71% of his passes and has 13 TD to 1 int.

What conference did he play in? Did he at the least play against quality opponents?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
What conference did he play in? Did he at the least play against quality opponents?
One of the knocks on Lynch, at least until the Ole Miss game, was that he puts up all his numbers against lesser opponents...but I think the bigger issue is that his comp % is inflated by a lot of WR screens and that sort of thing.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
One of the knocks on Lynch, at least until the Ole Miss game, was that he puts up all his numbers against lesser opponents...but I think the bigger issue is that his comp % is inflated by a lot of WR screens and that sort of thing.

Maybe so but then you can't teach 6'07" with agility and arm strength which is why Lynch is rising in the eyes of scouts right now