QB Paxton Lynch

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
What conference did he play in? Did he at the least play against quality opponents?
fifth-gamejpg-4321d2ce4440672f.jpg

Knights_Blake_Bortles_2013.jpg

Joe%20Flacco%20Delaware.jpg

and oh by the way....
3vujcnaqzt83i8vqtotwbrpe0.576x324x1.jpg

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Here is some quality footage vs BYU last season. Not trying to put Lynch in the NFL HOF just like what I see from this kid and love his physical attributes

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
He's one of my favorite QB prospects. My first pet cat if you will, of the 2016 draft.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
What conference did he play in? Did he at the least play against quality opponents?

Romo played "inferior competiton".

Favre was from Southern Mississippi.

Roethlisberger played in the old MAC.

Good QBs do not have to come from the major conferences.

He has shown well against bigger schools the few times they played Memphis. He did well versus Ole Miss.

RS12

Reaction score
Watching him play versus Tulsa. His second TD pass 50 yards in the air was right on the money Makes the out route throws with ease. As long as he masters the mental part of the game,he has NFL starter written all over him.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sadly, I think you're right.

I think Wentz is the guy we need to keep our eye on. I think he could have climbed high too of he didnt get injured. I dont think he is a good as Lynch, but I think he could have been a top 10 pick

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Just watched this guy carve up Tulsa tonight. Came in here to make a thread about him and someone had already beat me to the punch.

This kid has unbelievable potential. 6 foot 6 1/2' with nice mobility and a cannon for an arm. He's got excellent touch on his deep throws too. Puts it right on the money.

Now, obviously this was against an inferior defense in Tulsa, but he was making some beautiful throws out there. Now that I've watched some of his highlights, I know he's doing it against other teams as well. And, from the small amount of research I've done tonight, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and his coaches love him.

I could see him skyrocketing up draft boards this Spring if he continues to play well and then shows off his impressive physical talents at the combine.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
From a month ago.

From 3 weeks ago.

From last week.

From tonight.

Last edited:

RS12

Reaction score
The scoop: "Paxton Lynch is moving up. I need to study him more, but guys with his size that can move like he does -- he has a chance to be big time." -- NFC area scout on Memphis' junior QB

The skinny: Before the season, I noted that Lynch had the size, arm and athleticism that teams look for, but that he needed to hit the explosive plays at a higher clip. Lynch has done just that this season. He had 26 passes of 25-plus yards in 413 attempts (6 percent of his throws) last season, but those numbers have risen considerably this season with 18 throws of 25-plus yards in 199 attempts (9 percent of his throws). At 6-foot-7, Lynch is surprisingly athletic outside of the pocket and his arm talent is definitely not in question. Lynch has shown considerable growth as a quarterback over the last three seasons and his stock will be highly discussed whenever he decides to enter the draft.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-could-be-big-time-coleman-like-colts-dorsett

RS12

Reaction score
Memphis coach Justin Fuente had just been hired nearly three years ago, when there was a knock on the door.

It was then Tigers associate athletic director Bill Loften, who had been in Orlando and stumbled upon a newspaper article about an overlooked area quarterback named Paxton Lynch.

"Hey, you guys may want to check this kid out," Fuente recalls being told by Loften.

The suggestion is a common one for college football coaches, though it rarely yields much benefit. But Fuente and his staff had less than three months to sign a quarterback for their first recruiting class.

So they went ahead and contacted Lynch's coach at Trinity Christian Academy, a small private school of approximately 150 students in Deltona, Fla., to get tape of him.

"I didn't really have any high hopes," Fuente tells The Inside Read.

But what Fuente saw was a huge kid stuck quarterbacking in a wing T offense. The kid not only had arm strength and hands the size of frying pans, but could also run, as evidenced by him playing some snaps at safety.

Yet Fuente and his coaches were most impressed by Lynch's play in the Central Florida All-Star Game. Lynch had earned most valuable player honors after throwing for 237 yards, including a pair of 43-yard scoring strikes.

"We were like, 'Damn, this kid's got some talent,' " Fuente says.

And now Lynch is showing the rest of the teams in college football what they missed out on. The 6' 7", 245-pound redshirt junior has emerged not only as a dark horse Heisman Trophy candidate, but also as one of the most intriguing NFL prospects in the game. He has undefeated and 16th-ranked Memphis in the driver's seat for the Group of Five's lone automatic berth in one of the six New Year's Day bowls.

http://www.campusrush.com/memphis-tigers-paxton-lynch-1426940661.html?xid=si_social

RS12

Reaction score
A college coach tells The Inside Read that five NFL scouts have told him that Lynch is likely to be the first quarterback selected in the 2016 draft.

"His tools are unbelievable," Fuente says. "He's been blessed, and to his credit, he's been through tough times and he has worked hard to play well. He was not ready-made when he came out of high school. He had a lot of work to do and he's done it."

Perhaps even more impressive, Lynch is just scratching the surface of his potential according to Fuente, who previously tutored Cincinnati Bengals quarterback and Pro Bowler Andy Dalton in his previous job as TCU's co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach.

No chance he falls to us.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
If they don't run a pro style offense in college, then forget it.

College is no longer preparing QBs for the NFL

IAmLegend

Reaction score
I would say that Lynch going so high might push another QB like Goff down to us who would still be an awesome get, but with so many teams needing a QB, it's extremely doubtful.

Teams that are almost guaranteed to draft a QB, off the top of my head

1. Texans
2. Browns
3. Commanders
4. Niners

Possibly/Likely

1. Bears
2. Eagles
3. Broncos
4. Chiefs
5. Rams

Last edited: