QB Paxton Lynch

reddyuta

Reaction score
THat chart kinda confirms Wentzs deep ball accuracy problems,i feel his throwing motion is affecting his accuracy.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
THat chart kinda confirms Wentzs deep ball accuracy problems,i feel his throwing motion is affecting his accuracy.

Maybe the "bigger, stronger Alex Smith" comparisons really are accurate. Smith also struggles with his deep-throw accuracy.

Last edited:

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
This is my greatest fear with drafting a first round QB. Cowboys have no clue how to develop young QBs. From Gosselin chat:

Question: If Dallas drafts a QB, is there any faith that Wade Wilson can develop him? Wilson has been the QB coach for 11 years and not only never developed a young player but also never mentioned as a possible coordinator

Gosselin: Romo developed here under Parcells and Sean Payton. There hasn't been much development at all at the position since then. The Cowboys have preferred to go the older, journeyman route with the Kitnas, Ortons, Weedens and Cassels. I thought Dustin Vaughan had a chance but he actually regressed under this staff. So, yes, I have my doubts whether this staff with all of its great offensive minds can develop a young quarterback. I haven't seen them do it yet. Seeing would be believing.

reddyuta

Reaction score
This is my greatest fear with drafting a first round QB. Cowboys have no clue how to develop young QBs. From Gosselin chat:

Question: If Dallas drafts a QB, is there any faith that Wade Wilson can develop him? Wilson has been the QB coach for 11 years and not only never developed a young player but also never mentioned as a possible coordinator

Gosselin: Romo developed here under Parcells and Sean Payton. There hasn't been much development at all at the position since then. The Cowboys have preferred to go the older, journeyman route with the Kitnas, Ortons, Weedens and Cassels. I thought Dustin Vaughan had a chance but he actually regressed under this staff. So, yes, I have my doubts whether this staff with all of its great offensive minds can develop a young quarterback. I haven't seen them do it yet. Seeing would be believing.

a genuine concern and why i advocate taking a QB with most talent.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

This is a true concern, does not mean that they can't but seeing is believing in this context as Rick indicates.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Paxton Lynch? you have got to be kidding? That guy will not be anything but a career backup if that. If he goes to the wrong team he will not be in the league long

conner01

Reaction score
a genuine concern and why i advocate taking a QB with most talent.

I think you always get the best talent you can but its not like they have had anyone to develope with any talent so hard to judge

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know, I might have my pet cat, but I'd be pretty happy with any of these QBs in the first.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Paxton Lynch has the best arm, size and ceiling of any QB in this Draft, which will likely show up "big-time" at the NFL Combine.