QB Paxton Lynch

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
I'm actually very impressed with that Anthony Miller kid. He looks like a nice WR.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Saved his worst game of the season for his biggest one, unfortunately. The 5 drops by his receivers didn't help. Not a true indicator of him as a prospect though. He's had a great season and led Memphis team with very little talent to a 9-4 record.

As we see again and again every year, his Pro-Day and combine workouts will have more of an effect on where he's drafted than this game did. Aaron Rodgers played poorly in his final Bowl Game too and he turned out alright.

lwehlers

Reaction score
I watched both lynch and goff bowl games and I am no means a draft expert but I really like goff better. he seems to have better footwork and ball placement was better in his bowl game then lynch.lnych had two really nice touchdowns but he seems to be aiming the ball to much as with goff he knew where he wanted the ball to go and where to place the ball. I think that both guys would go in the top five right now unless some of the defensive players in the top of the draft have great combines.i think that goff will be drafted first. just my opinion. do any of guys really believe that the cowboys would take a qb if they get a top five pick I do not think so. I really be the cowboys will go defense with the first pick then maybe draft back into the bottom of the first or wait until the top of the second round and then take a qb unless we trade for one before the draft.

Iago33

Reaction score
For those saying Goff took advantage of a bad D. Air Force is the 39th defense in the nation and Auburn is 85th.

Do you think the offenses Air Force played against compare to the offenses Auburn played? Air Force may be decent, but conferences and schedules make a difference.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
I watched both lynch and goff bowl games and I am no means a draft expert but I really like goff better. he seems to have better footwork and ball placement was better in his bowl game then lynch.lnych had two really nice touchdowns but he seems to be aiming the ball to much as with goff he knew where he wanted the ball to go and where to place the ball. I think that both guys would go in the top five right now unless some of the defensive players in the top of the draft have great combines.i think that goff will be drafted first. just my opinion. do any of guys really believe that the cowboys would take a qb if they get a top five pick I do not think so. I really be the cowboys will go defense with the first pick then maybe draft back into the bottom of the first or wait until the top of the second round and then take a qb unless we trade for one before the draft.

If they grade one of the top few QBs as a franchise caliber talent and he's available when we pick, they will take him.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Do you think the offenses Air Force played against compare to the offenses Auburn played? Air Force may be decent, but conferences and schedules make a difference.

Sure but its not like they played NJIT and Memphis played Alabama.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
I know most people are down on Lynch, but I'm not. Still like him as a prospect. I think if he shows out well at his Pro-Day and the combine, I think he's right back up near the top.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I know most people are down on Lynch, but I'm not. Still like him as a prospect. I think if he shows out well at his Pro-Day and the combine, I think he's right back up near the top.

I don't like his windmill throwing motion and I don't like that we see nothing under center.

I do like his feet for his size and I do like the touch he can get on his deep passes.

A lot of the passes you see that aren't deep with the Memphis offense is just sideways pitch and catch stuff.

He's a solid prospect that should go mid to late first imo but I feel like he'll be more of a Joe Flacco type of guy than someone that you can rely on to go win you games.

IAmLegend

Reaction score

9qcv9u.jpg

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I said to myself him wearing the Cowboys hat to declare isn't making me happy but it doesn't matter. Melvin Gordon wore one last year in an interview and Johnny football wears cowboys stuff all the time.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have been a fan of Lynch and would love to have him. Also would love to have Goff or Wentz.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I said to myself him wearing the Cowboys hat to declare isn't making me happy but it doesn't matter. Melvin Gordon wore one last year in an interview and Johnny football wears cowboys stuff all the time.

i bet we would have drafted gordon if he fell to us.