QB Paxton Lynch

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Lynch has a school record 7 TD's on 9 completions at half time.. 9/14, 222 yards. 365.2 passer rating.

Someone throw in the white towel for SMU. This is a bloodbath.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
none of those guys felt "blow your first round pick" at all. Id rather take Wentz in the 2nd.

Hardline

Reaction score
Lynch is going to be the first player selected. The Cowboys will not have the first pick.
Better off keeping track of that Goff is doing.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
That can be us.I don't see us winning another game.

I think we do, although at this point I'd rather us not. The Browns and Niners play each other so one of them will lose another game which helps us. I don't see either of them winning another game other than that one though.

Last edited:

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Can Lynch run at the next level?

He's a bit overrated as an athlete imo but still a good one and definitely not your typical 6'7 QB. He's not going to run all over you, but he can pick up yards here and there with his legs when he needs to.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Im trying to get impressed by this kid. I see some good throws. I also see some horrible ones and a lot of bad reads. His tape is 50/50 to me just based on what Legend posted. He really looks like a system guy half the time.

That said he looks like he has some good tools and could be successful with the right coaches. Still don't think either Goff or Lynch are worth the first pick though. I'm not even sure they'e worth our pick if we keep losing.

Hailmary

Reaction score
One of the knocks on Lynch, at least until the Ole Miss game, was that he puts up all his numbers against lesser opponents...but I think the bigger issue is that his comp % is inflated by a lot of WR screens and that sort of thing.

Yea, I just watched the tape of Ole Miss and Temple and screens short passes under 10yds were pretty much all I saw. Came away pretty unimpressed actually. Also makes it hard to assess how he'd translate to the next level.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
I really like Lynch, but he definitely stares down his receivers...hope thats a habit that can be undone if we happen to get him....

Leadbelly

Reaction score

If people aren't impressed by his pocket awareness and accuracy, I don't know what they're looking at. He throws with accuracy and touch even when he's running parallel to the line of scrimmage and throwing across his body.

The throws at 2:00-ish and 3:07-ish are right on the numbers moving backwards while his receiver is moving across, slightly trailing. The first is moving right. The second is rolling left. Both on the numbers with touch and without slowing the receivers' momentum. NFL accuracy.

The only thing I'd say I hate in his game is his release point. If he was 6-2 I don't draft him, but at 6-7 it likely isn't an issue.