Qb rankings

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
For a quarterback, I think it is more that their knowledge for the game keeps expanding, but as for being in the physical peak condition that is another thing all together. Can Dak still run like he used to? Is there more concern of him getting injured than there used to be? It possible that he can still play smarter football, but I don't think you'll ever get the Dak back that was a running threat. He is two years removed from what Commentators often will say for quarterbacks, "He's on the wrong side of Thirty." You think we'll win a championship in the next two years before Dak is on the wrong side of thirty?
Well Dak's running ability seems to stem from the injuries and the OC not wanting to run him. I think your wrong side of 30 argument is for every position but QB and maybe tackle. There's a lot of guys struggling in the league all ages right now and it has nothing to do with age IMO.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Well Dak's running ability seems to stem from the injuries and the OC not wanting to run him. I think your wrong side of 30 argument is for every position but QB and maybe tackle. There's a lot of guys struggling in the league all ages right now and it has nothing to do with age IMO.

Well I can respect your opinion. I just think myself that quarterbacks benefit a lot from experience which goes up while their physical abilities might decline.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
I’m saying he’s better than the QBs you’re hyping up. No way would anyone take Russell Wilson over Dak. Dak even has a playoff win over Russell Wilson. Stop living in the past! Lol You don’t like Dak we get it!
at least Russel is a winner, or was one. Dak isn't one and never will be.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
at least Russel is a winner, or was one. Dak isn't one and never will be.

He was a winner when he had the legion of boom and beast mode in the backfield. He didn’t have to do a whole lot, but hand off to Lynch and let his defense win games. You’re living way in the past if you have Wilson ahead of Dak now. Lol You need to get it through your head that it’s not all about the QB. It takes a solid team offensively and defensively to win a championship. If it was all about the QB, Aaron Rodgers would have more than one championship.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
He was a winner when he had the legion of boom and beast mode in the backfield. He didn’t have to do a whole lot, but hand off to Lynch and let his defense win games. You’re living way in the past if you have Wilson ahead of Dak now. Lol You need to get it through your head that it’s not all about the QB. It takes a solid team offensively and defensively to win a championship. If it was all about the QB, Aaron Rodgers would have more than one championship.
This is funny.lol. If QBs don’t win a Super Bowl before they take huge part of salary cap, history shows they likely won’t be winning a super bowl. Ergo Dak won’t be winning a super bowl. Wilson 1, Dak 0. Not saying Wilson is better, bc something is definitely not right with him this year, no weapons? Judy isn’t bad, but he hasn’t had a 1000 yard season yet as a pro(same class as Ceedee), Sutton has had 1 in 5 years. It’s hard to compare when even as bad as some think our wide receivers group is, it’s definitely better than Denver’s. Ceedee has 1/3 and got close his first year with 900+. Gallup and Sumlin are a wash, but they have no one like brown, Turpin, etc after that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This is funny.lol. If QBs don’t win a Super Bowl before they take huge part of salary cap, history shows they likely won’t be winning a super bowl. Ergo Dak won’t be winning a super bowl. Wilson 1, Dak 0. Not saying Wilson is better, bc something is definitely not right with him this year, no weapons? Judy isn’t bad, but he hasn’t had a 1000 yard season yet as a pro(same class as Ceedee), Sutton has had 1 in 5 years. It’s hard to compare when even as bad as some think our wide receivers group is, it’s definitely better than Denver’s. Ceedee has 1/3 and got close his first year with 900+. Gallup and Sumlin are a wash, but they have no one like brown, Turpin, etc after that.

Russell Wilson had better teams it’s as simple as that. He had a great runner in the backfield and one of the all-time great defenses. No mystery as to why he had success. Romo never won a Super Bowl and Dak may not either. The Cowboys have only had two QBs that led the team to championships. It’s much harder to do these days with a salary cap and a stubborn owner.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh that hurts..
Crash. Holds grudges. How dare anyone say anything negative about Romo he won’t talk to you for the rest of his life. I had to put him on ignore . Along with mountain now. Imagine 150,000 post some cowboy Farms. And I only put two people on ignore

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Eli Manning? Tom Brady? Stafford? Rodgers? Rothlisberger? Brees?Warner?

and based on your comment, then Mahomes, Allen are not going to win any superbowls and the window on Burrow, Herbert and Jackson is closing fast. I guess all of them would be considered over rated.

and based on your comment, you either win a superbowl during a Rookie QB contract, else you never win one.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Eli Manning? Tom Brady? Stafford? Rodgers? Rothlisberger? Brees?Warner?

and based on your comment, then Mahomes, Allen are not going to win any superbowls and the window on Burrow, Herbert and Jackson is closing fast. I guess all of them would be considered over rated.

and based on your comment, you either win a superbowl during a Rookie QB contract, else you never win one.
That’s not what I’m saying at all, the contract has to be reasonable to win and have multiple Super Bowl wins. Everyone know Brady never took a huge hit against salary cap, nor would Belichick have allowed it. Eli won his first on rookie deal, his second was in 2012, league year 2011; this was same year new cba started. Rothlisberger won his first on rookie deal and his other also came before 2011 cba. Peyton everyone know was not in Prescott category, but also took a 4 million dollar paycut the year the broncos won. Brees and Warner both won one Super Bowl each and both were before 2011. Really it’s simple Brady and Bekechick had a winning formula as winning was more important to them. I do think the window is closing fast for Burrow, Hebert, etc if they take aren’t good enough to elevate a less talented team around them.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Rodgers
4. Brady
5. Jackson
6. Burrow
7. Herbert
8. Hurts
9. Lawrence
10. Stafford
11. Murray
12. Carr
13. Wilson
14. Garropolo
15. Cousins
16. Tannehill
17. Fields
18. Tua
19. Fields
20. Jones (nyg)
21. Jones (ne)
22. Dak
23. Goff
24. Mariota
25. Pickett
26. Wentz
27. Brissett
28. Wilson
29. Ryan
30. Walker
31. Mills
32. Dalton

Factoring in overall qb ability, age and contract.
Brady at number 4??????? Not this year, just ask his wife!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That’s not what I’m saying at all, the contract has to be reasonable to win and have multiple Super Bowl wins. Everyone know Brady never took a huge hit against salary cap, nor would Belichick have allowed it. Eli won his first on rookie deal, his second was in 2012, league year 2011; this was same year new cba started. Rothlisberger won his first on rookie deal and his other also came before 2011 cba. Peyton everyone know was not in Prescott category, but also took a 4 million dollar paycut the year the broncos won. Brees and Warner both won one Super Bowl each and both were before 2011. Really it’s simple Brady and Bekechick had a winning formula as winning was more important to them. I do think the window is closing fast for Burrow, Hebert, etc if they take aren’t good enough to elevate a less talented team around them.
Spin away.

What is a reasonable contract?

When Eli signed he took 16% of the cap, but in following years, cap went up and he didn't have a high impact .....same with all of them.

Again, are you saying Allen, Mahomes are not going to win a Superbowl and if they are available you wouldn't take them?