QB Solution - Stafford

cern

Reaction score
stafford played for a series of lousy hc's just as romo was saddled by garrett. if stafford had the priviledge of playing for belichick, his stats would be very high. and he was also a neighborhood kid, playing for highland park hs. go scots.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Are the Lions really gonna get rid of Stafford though?

I mean the lions are a bad franchise. But it would be silly for them to let Stafford walk IMO.

he is only 31-32 years old. They should be focused on giving him a team to compete with for the next 5 years.

JBS

Reaction score
Let's check out Matthew Stafford's scouting report from a beat writer........

Cons
  • Could improve optimization of YAC when targeting receivers in the short/intermediate middle, as he often requires them to adjust in front or behind
  • Doesn’t consistently deliver the ball out in front on out-breaking routes in short/intermediate areas
  • Will get lackadaisical with ball placement on RB/TE screens
  • Locks onto targets running 9-routes when he reads one-high pre-snap and makes predetermined throws
  • Stares down his first read when he gets man coverage or a favorable matchup, which impedes his ability to get through his progressions
  • Ability to extend plays within structure is below average due to iffy feel of peripheral pressure to begin stepping up into pocket
  • Play strength to resist arm tackles and ankle grabs leaves something to be desired
  • Did not hang onto the ball well in 2017
  • Decision making is questionable – attempts high-difficulty throws, consistently targets tight coverage, is overaggressive in the red zone, targets screens/flat routes on bootlegs that will inevitably go for negative yardage
  • Appetite for the big play causes him to see red when he has a post on against middle-field-open coverages
  • Aggression heightens exponentially on 2nd/3rd & Long
  • Ball placement on RB/TE screens is inconsistent

The same things y'all criticize Dak for is the same crap Stafford does if I'm to believe this scouting report on him. :lmao2:

So now y'al want a older version of Dak who couldn't take advantage of having Megatron in his prime.

This is really your take lol..wow..that's bad

conner01

Reaction score
I think Stafford would do great here. I have Stafford a better pure passer with Dak being the better leader/clutch/dual threat.

Dalton will command over 30 million. Maybe his experience would come to the forefront here if he didn't have to do everything.

Sky is the limit with Garrett gone.
Dalton won’t demand 30 mil
He was on the market this year and didn’t get that much interest and no offers in the galaxy of 30 mil

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is really your take lol..wow..that's bad

I just told you that was from a Detroit beat writer. You know someone who actually watches Stafford. I don't watch enough of him to know his faults but when I do watch him I do realize his ball placement is troublesome at times and a few years ago he use to throw at guys ankles a lot.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dalton won’t demand 30 mil
He was on the market this year and didn’t get that much interest and no offers in the galaxy of 30 mil

Teddy Bridgewater and Ryan Tannehill didnt' command much interest either and then bam....signed for big money. If Dalton gets in the game and plays well he's not getting a 3 million dollar incentive based deal lol.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
What can you sign him for? If you can get him for $30m per year, I would take that over Dak at $40m. Stafford has made his money, I wonder if he would like to roll into a cadillac QB situation at a discount.

JBS

Reaction score
I just told you that was from a Detroit beat writer. You know someone who actually watches Stafford. I don't watch enough of him to know his faults but when I do watch him I do realize his ball placement is troublesome at times and a few years ago he use to throw at guys ankles a lot.

I'm not talking about the report..I'm talking about your take

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm not talking about the report..I'm talking about your take
Oh which part? The fact he couldn't take advantage of Megatron in his prime or he's a older version of Dak based on the criticisms of people on this site?

Jenky

Reaction score
Staffords time in Detroit is probably coming to an end. There were some rumblings his time there was over earlier this off-season. I think due to cap implications the team decided to hang onto him for another season.

Obviously I'm speculating, but I think 2020 is Staffords last year in Detroit. Matt is a Texas kid and I think the perfect solution for both sides is for Stafford to take over the qb job here in Dallas. This offensive line, these weapons, MM has to know him really well, I think the fit is really really good. This team is in win now mode and you are getting a super talented qb who has experience. What do you guys think?

Stafford with our offense would be deadly. I’d do it if he signed a reasonable contract. It beats paying Dak who is constantly chasing the money.

cern

Reaction score
Oh which part? The fact he couldn't take advantage of Megatron in his prime or he's a older version of Dak based on the criticisms of people on this site?
just looking at the great megatron's stats would suggest stafford used him to great advantage. too bad the lions didn't have anything else in their arsenal. if megatron would have had a supporting cast like jerry rice, no telling how many superbowls the lions might have won.