News: QB Tiers by Jason La Canfora CBS Sports

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
People really get hypocritical on the Dak discussion when they list guys like Watson in front of him. Literally the same complaints people have about Dak(lack of playoff success) can be said about Watson except Dak has never had a LOST 12 GAMES in a season.

So now wins and losses ARE a qb stat? You seem to go back and forth on that point depending on whether it fits your argument or not. It’s not Dak’s fault when the team loses a game, but it is Watson’s when he does?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Who are the top 10 quarterbacks of 2021?

1. Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs. Midseason Ranking:
  2. Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills. Midseason Ranking:
  3. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers.
  4. Joe Burrow, Cincinnati Bengals.
  5. Justin Herbert, Los Angeles Chargers.
  6. Matthew Stafford, Los Angeles Rams.
  7. Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys.
  8. Kyler Murray, Arizona Cardinals.
Dak has to beat the Cardinals and SF. Every time he is presented with a challenge he plays like crap. Even against KC he only led the team to like 9 points.
Anyone who is evaluating him sees that. The crushing wins against the WFT and Giants are great but to not be able to break through and beat the better teams is critical to being a better QB.

kskboys

Reaction score
It’s funny how the media appears to be turning on Dak after he got paid. I seem to remember when the Cowboys franchised him the media had him as a top 5 quarterback and the Joneses were being cheap. Now that he is paid Dak is an average quarterback.:huh:
Of course. Dak insisted on being paid top 3, then did not play like it. He put himself in this position.

kskboys

Reaction score
I’ve seen Watson play at a high level for years. His rookie season was amazing. He followed it up multiple times, including his last in 2020 when he set records.

We’ve seen Burrow complete a single Kirk-Cousins-esque regular season as a tier 3 QB. He was heavily dependent on Chase, he led the league in sacks (not entirely his fault), he lost a lot of games that were close late where he had a chance to do something and came up short. Remember this was a 7 loss team, it’s not like he was dominating the league last year; he simply did better than Pittsburgh to eek out the division.

Yes he made the SB, but so did Garropolo, so did Goff. Is that an automatic Tier 2 qualifier? Of course not. Their defense carried them through that playoff run. Burrow had 5 TDs in 4 games, never scored 30, won a game where he couldn’t even score 20, with a single performance over 265 yards. It was impressive for a second year player to handle the situation like that, just like it was impressive when Goff did it.
Yeah, Watson is easily tier 1, prolly top 5 or 8. I always wanted to see him w/ a better org and better OC, going to be interesting to see if Van Pelt can teach him a little more ball control. Watson is a top 3 playmaker at QB.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You’re a pear-shaped loser.

NFL players, coaches and execs will be in agreement with ME.

Jason LaCanfora will be in agreement with YOU.

You lose, PSL.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
His ranking of QBs have literally turned you into an emotional mess.

Also, please refrain from the name calling. I look forward to laughing at you in the future and if you're on the bench I can't do that.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The dude is 37-12 as a starter, a career 64% passer (higher than both Josh Allen or Matt Stafford), and was on pace for 4000 yards last year before he got hurt. What passing deficiencies are you talking about?

He’s accurate and it’s led him to have one of the greatest winning %’s in NFL history for a player in his first 4 seasons. It’s not hard to see what he’s rated so high.

Lamar Jackson has had back to back disappointing seasons since his "MVP" season on a pretty good team. His 2020 stats don't tell the full story, he was far from great in 2020 and was barely good in 2021. He also doesn't throw a ton and still at 64% completion rating in the modern NFL. Meh.

Nav22

Reaction score

Also, please refrain from the name calling. I look forward to laughing at you in the future and if you're on the bench I can't do that.
Awwww, you want to laugh at me the same way I spent all year laughing at you for all the stupid things you said? That’s honestly adorable.

“DURRRR BET THE HOUSE ON WASHINGTON, YOU GUYS!!!!”

The problem? I actually know football, unlike you.

That’s why NFL players, coaches and execs see things my way.

You’re just my pear-shaped punching bag.

“B-B-BUT JASON LACANFORA AGREED WITH ME!!!”

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Awwww, you want to laugh at me the same way I spent all year laughing at you for all the stupid things you said? That’s honestly adorable.

Go ahead and tell us more about how you're not an emotional mess.....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So now wins and losses ARE a qb stat? You seem to go back and forth on that point depending on whether it fits your argument or not. It’s not Dak’s fault when the team loses a game, but it is Watson’s when he does?
I never said wins and losses are a qb stat that’s what you guys use to knock Dak. The whole “he doesn’t beat the good teams” argument is the argument you guys use against Dak. Anyone who puts Watson ahead of Dak is doing it purely on preference. You guys pick and chose when y’all want to use the win/loss argument.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Right lol. LaConfora is trolling and people using him to validate their opinion.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

You called him out of his name but you want to throw rocks and hide your hands…

conner01

Reaction score
Who are the top 10 quarterbacks of 2021?

1. Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs. Midseason Ranking:
  2. Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills. Midseason Ranking:
  3. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers.
  4. Joe Burrow, Cincinnati Bengals.
  5. Justin Herbert, Los Angeles Chargers.
  6. Matthew Stafford, Los Angeles Rams.
  7. Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys.
  8. Kyler Murray, Arizona Cardinals.
I think that’s a fairly good ranking
Some won’t like it but if they just looked at play of the guy and not the name they’d agree

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
We all have our opinion based on differing criteria I’m sure
Just curious what yours in based on
Tier 1 - Elite (Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady. That's it.)
Tier 2 - Can carry teams when needed (Guys like Burrow, Allen, Stafford and Wilson here)
Tier 3 - Can perform but needs some help (Guys like Carr and Jackson)
Tier 4 - Need a ton of help, can't carry team, and underperforms if things aren't perfect around them (Dak, Murray, and the Kirk Cousins of the world)
Tier 5 - Who knows? (Lawrence, Goff, Wentz, and guys like that).

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I never said wins and losses are a qb stat that’s what you guys use to knock Dak. The whole “he doesn’t beat the good teams” argument is the argument you guys use against Dak. Anyone who puts Watson ahead of Dak is doing it purely on preference. You guys pick and chose when y’all want to use the win/loss argument.

You just used it, claiming the difference is about Watson’s “12 losses.” I’ve been consistent with how I feel about QBs impacting wins, throwing me into your “you guys” is stereotyping. I’m not a Dak hater, far from it. I even have him right there with Burrow.

As for Watson, it’s based on performance, not preference. What does Dak do better than Deshaun? What does Dak do even as good as Watson?

Last edited: