QBs passing 50+ times were 1-16 last season

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
We've known this , thats why we went to the running scheme and drafted zeke .

oh well . .. we've regressed to the Garrett original 'offensive guru' plan .

The Garrett excuse is lame :

"we play what the defense gives us. "

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We've known this , thats why we went to the running scheme and drafted zeke .

oh well . .. we've regressed to the Garrett original 'offensive guru' plan .

The Garrett excuse is lame :

"we play what the defense gives us. "
So how would you have played the Bucs defense?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
There is a diference between saying...Dak played a great game..it sucks we lost..opposed to Dak threw the ball 50 times thats why we lost.....No

The problem is and has been Dak has to throw the ball 50+ times lately because we can not stop anyone....I get some do not like certain posters or players but that is no excuse for being blind to what the problem this team is having really is...If you seriosuly think HC and QB are on the sidelines saying "lets pass some more those stats are cooking" then Reality left the building a while back....More likley they are looking at the defense saying "yeah...we need to score and keep it comming as they are not slowing down...
What are you blathering about?

I don’t think the coaching staff is trying to pad Dak’s stats.

I’m highlighting the fact have folks that get excited about Dak throwing for 400+ yards in five consecutive games, or whatever the number is.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

I’m highlighting the fact have folks that get excited about Dak throwing for 400+ yards in five consecutive games, or whatever the number is.

So did he not throw those yards? again I feel the same we have too many fans who care about the wrong stats also..I have a feeling we are blathering about diferent ones...Some only see the game when the offense is on the field apparently....Some have TV's that black out the defensive series....And its crazy Cowboy Fans on a Fan forum excited the QB had a good game...the nerve.. now if we could only get him back to 250 yards and 2 tds we wouldve won that game.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Zuerlin missed 2 FG’s and an extra point. That’s why the Cowboys lost.

Oh I agree 100%...........and there are always exceptions to the rules but I'm guessing if your QB is having to pass 50+ times, something has gone wrong with your game plan. You either playing catch up or you're offense is one-dimensional.

JustChip

Reaction score

The excitement is knowing he can do it if needed. That doesn’t negate the fact that having to do it is not a consistent winning formula.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Im more upset we could not figure out how to move the front 7 sideline to sideline more as I think it could've helped in the redzone...again I completely agree with not forcing runs into the middle as we were at a severe disadvantage....butI dont feel like we attacked the edges right in that game to give ourselves any threat down in the redzone. my opinion of course.
Few teams can push those monsters in the middle of that Bucs line.
The Chargers' run D is a bit more vulnerable, and their pass D is probably a bit better.
So maybe we are at least a little more balanced.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Well, seeing that we have the second highest paid RB in the NFL this year ., What could be the gameplan ?

Sure we should slam him into the #1 run defense in the league while missing our all pro guard....I mean I have no question Biadass was about to start man handling those DT's any second..seriously..again your gameplan would've produced alot of 3 and outs and our highpaid running back looking bad behind a line that is not close to what it was in 2016....man how is this not common knowledge.THIS LINE IS NOT THE 2016 line its not even close.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Not sure about that Chargers Oline--seems to still have some big holes.
GREAT draft pick getting Rashawn Slater though. He's a monster.

They have about as many offensive weapons as we do

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Few teams can push those monsters in the middle of that Bucs line.
The Chargers' run D is a bit more vulnerable, and their pass D is probably a bit better.
So maybe we are at least a little more balanced.

I think we will be..and it does not have to be ISO 1, I think we need the same thing this game to keep Bosa honest ...screen and counter at him..make him read the plays..if he is able to pin his ears back and go everyplay we will be in trouble. Its not the 50 passes its the lack of making the D-line accountable for anything other than a QB pressure that i did not like.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Sure we should slam him into the #1 run defense in the league while missing our all pro guard....I mean I have no question Biadass was about to start man handling those DT's any second..seriously..again your gameplan would've produced alot of 3 and outs and our highpaid running back looking bad behind a line that is not close to what it was in 2016....man how is this not common knowledge.THIS LINE IS NOT THE 2016 line its not even close.

Nobody says run zeke 50 times , the op is saying passing 50 times is a recipe for disaster, because the facts say so .

If kellen had more common sense , he would have a better pass-to-run ratio .

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don't understand what the fans want to see better with the offense. If anything, all eyes should be on defense and special teams. Do these fans not realize that NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENED IN THAT GAME, WE WERE LEADING (WINNING) THE GAME WITH 1:24 REMAINING?

Do you not care about what the defense or special teams does? Just wondering.