QBs passing 50+ times were 1-16 last season

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's what I said - the Cowboys went 1-4 in the redzone. Those are the points which they did not capitalize on when the defense gave them a chance. As for the refs, it's funny how the Cowboys are always being robbed by the refs, you'd think one of these days this team would actually play well enough to not leave it up to chance or a ref's 50/50 decision
But but but one of Dak's biggest guarantees is his RedZone performance.
You can pretty much guarantee the Field Goal kicker will be coming on.....:(

aikemirv

Reaction score
I think there are 2 reasons why you don’t win when you pass 50 times a game.

1-you are trying to catch up from a poor defense

2. You passing game is not effective at scoring points but it gets yards. We had both things happen last week. We were 1-4 in the red zone for TD’s and we missed a FG and an extra point

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
But but but one of Dak's biggest guarantees is his RedZone performance.
You can pretty much guarantee the Field Goal kicker will be coming on.....:(

That was the difference at the end. For all the claims that he outplayed Brady, when it absolutely counted in the 4th quarter, Tom Brady was leading his team to TD's and Dak was leading his team to FG's. That was the difference.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think there are 2 reasons why you don’t win when you pass 50 times a game.

1-you are trying to catch up from a poor defense

2. You passing game is not effective at scoring points but it gets yards. We had both things happen last week. We were 1-4 in the red zone for TD’s and we missed a FG and an extra point

This and/or your opponent has made your offense one dimensional

Mr_437

Reaction score
I need help understanding how some of y'all are blaming the defense when they got the ball back and setup the offense. It was the red zone offense that couldn't punch it in, and the kicker who missed chip shots that would've won the game. I'm just saying why blame the defense?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was the difference at the end. For all the claims that he outplayed Brady, when it absolutely counted in the 4th quarter, Tom Brady was leading his team to TD's and Dak was leading his team to FG's. That was the difference.
This is a small part of who they worship...

Redzone inept....
6-12 His last 18 starts.
2018 is the last time he beat a playoff-bound team.
1 playoff win in 5 years.
We have lost count on how many 4th Q GARBAGE stats this dude has racked up.

Even the Klingons would be hard-pressed to go to war for him!!!:muttley:

Batman1980

Reaction score
This is a small part of who they worship...

Redzone inept....
6-12 His last 18 starts.
2018 is the last time he beat a playoff-bound team.
1 playoff win in 5 years.
We have lost count on how many 4th Q GARBAGE stats this dude has racked up.

Even the Klingons would be hard-pressed to go to war for him!!!:muttley:

One thing that makes me happy is knowing his losses probably hurt you more than they hurt me. Especially since I know he'll be our starting QB for probably at least another 67 games.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
One thing that makes me happy is knowing his losses probably hurt you more than they hurt me. Especially since I know he'll be our starting QB for probably at least another 67 games.

Aren't his losses actually the teams loss? I mean you are basically saying that you are perfectly fine losing as long as Dak Prescott is the QB? What a weird take on fandom.

aikemirv

Reaction score
This and/or your opponent has made your offense one dimensional
I think it is ok to be one dimensional if you score TDS with it. We failed in makeable 3rd down position in the red zone. Passing 50 times did not hurt us. Not converting short passes in the red zone did

Batman1980

Reaction score
Aren't his losses actually the teams loss? I mean you are basically saying that you are perfectly fine losing as long as Dak Prescott is the QB? What a weird take on fandom.

No I'm just annoyed by supposed fans like pappydog who have an active hatred of our starting quarterback and keep saying they'll stop posting here but keep on coming back.

I'm not one of those who ever really liked Jason Garrett, I thought he was a useless clapping machine.

Eanwen

Reaction score

The teams scored the exact same amount of td's in the 2nd half and neither of them scored a td in the fourth quarter.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I would love to see the stat showing how many yards a teams top RB was able to run whem missing their franchise qb, and 3 of their top OL....oh, and one of their starting TE, and banged up top WR. I am probably forgetting something, and pretty sure not many, if any