QBs rarely win Superbowls on extension expensive contracts

basel90

Reaction score

QBs typically win super bowls on rookie contracts or team friendly contracts, Brady , Aaron Rogers , Mahomes , Wilson etc .
But now Dak wants an SECOND. Extension mammoth contract ? He has had that and has not delivered .
sometimes I wonder is it Jerry or Stephen approving such decisions.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
This is nonsense - total bs

You need a stud qb. Doesn’t matter what his contract is..

Is Lamar’s contract a problem? Mahomes? No. Enough of this stupidity
...but Brock Purdy only makes $889k. Why can't we just draft our starting QB with the last pick in the draft and go to back-to-back NFC Championship Games?

I'm thinking Kedon Slovis from BYU or Taulia Tagovailoa from Maryland should do the trick.

Flamma

Reaction score
QBs typically win super bowls on rookie contracts or team friendly contracts, Brady , Aaron Rogers , Mahomes , Wilson etc .
But now Dak wants an SECOND. Extension mammoth contract ? He has had that and has not delivered .
This is pretty much true, except for Mahomes. Mahomes was still technically on his rookie contract when he got to his first two super bowls. But last year Mahomes was not on a rookie deal, and did not have a team friendly cap hit. He was 17% of the cap. I think that's the highest in history to win a SB.

Mahomes is a higher cap hit than Dak this year. The AFC Championship is being played by two QBs not on their rookie deals. Mahomes coming in at 16.8% of the cap. Lamar at a more team friendly 9.8%.

There's only one team out of the remaining four that has a QB on a rookie deal. Jared Goff takes up 13.6% of the cap.

rambo2

Reaction score

Winning the Super Bowl is like picking a number on the roulette wheel.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Just come out and say, I don't like Dak Prescott, I want him gone. That's a lot more interesting than the constant brain scrambling anecdotal content just to say, I don't like Dak Prescott.

rambo2

Reaction score
Just come out and say, I don't like Dak Prescott, I want him gone. That's a lot more interesting than the constant brain scrambling anecdotal content just to say, I don't like Dak Prescott.
It's so funny. If the Cowboys had linebackers and solid dtackle play, they probably would be playing today.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Let’s see what happens but France is going to want 60m and probably get it.

Dak has a shot to win back some fan support by taking some sort of discount but France likely won’t be having that.

It’s kinda short sighted on their end, because Dak already has all the money he will ever need, but will always be known as a playoff loser if they can’t add around him.

Provided the savings goes into the team instead of Stephens inheritance, it’s something team Dak ought to strongly consider….because the chances of them building a better team around him than they already have isn’t likely with him eating up that much cap space.

Last edited:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I don't like dak garrett and I want him gone. Okay?
If we make it to the playoffs for the fourth time, do you have any confidence in the choker.
I don't, 3 strikes and you need to be out.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Let’s see what happens but France is going to want 60m and probably get it.

Dak has a shot to win back some fan support by taking some sort of discount but France likely won’t be having that.

It’s kinda short sighted on their end, because Dak already has all the money he will ever need, but will always be known as a playoff loser if they can’t add around him.

Provided the savings goes into the team instead of Stephens inheritance, it’s something team Dak ought to strongly consider….because the chances of them building a better team around him than they already have isn’t likely with him eating up that much cap space.
Dak’s going to get every dime he can and the team will suffer.

basel90

Reaction score
Yes indeed want him gone . Do we need more proof after 8 years . ? Ans now we also have to pay him 60 mil ? No thanks . Much better options out there .
But you will get your superhero back don’t worry since Jerry thinks like you . SMH