QBs rarely win Superbowls on extension expensive contracts

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
when did I say throw money? you keep going back to that line, because I am not sure if that's all you are trying to argue about.

lets get another QB. why not? who? where? how much? are they better? replacement is not the only goal. getting better is the goal. so lets get better.

and you still can't answer, who would you spend the "supposed" money we would have and how does it make the team better.

you are just complaining. you have one line of argument you want to stick to. I get it.
OK. Post June Dak, use the $35m saving to sure up the roster and use Lance for a year.

Better than Dak, PROBABLY NOT, however, it doesnt compound the issue. Purdy and Dak himself has shown that most any QB can flourish with a roster around them.

It gives two chances, either Lance works (which means we replicate Dak's accomplishment at portion of the cost), or we struggle and we get a higher pick to draft a QB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well that's the thing. I don't know that Stroud throws only 23 TDs on Dallas. Why? Because he's on HOUSTON!! Dak don't throw 36 TD passes on Carolina. That's why you can't go by stats alone because players deal with different talent.

Based on what Stroud did with the talent he had, there is no reason to believe he would not have had a good connection with Lamb. None what so ever. But we all know how good Dak looked before Cooper. He looked worse than Davis Mills on Houston.
When judging Dak and Stroud you have to go by stats, experience and wins because Stroud was a rookie. If you’re judging Dak with Mahomes, then Mahomes is clearly the better QB, despite Dak having better stats this season because of his body of work and accomplishments the past several years. We had a pass first offense with OL issues which would have been a detriment to a rookie QB. Dak attempted 90 more passes and games were thrown on him. Before Cooper we had nothing at receiver which is why we traded a first round pick for him during the season. Stroud had an experienced TE in Shultz while Dak was working with young TEs. Stroud will likely be the better QB once he gains more experience.

Flamma

Reaction score
When judging Dak and Stroud you have to go by stats, experience and wins because Stroud was a rookie. If you’re judging Dak with Mahomes, then Mahomes is clearly the better QB, despite Dak having better stats this season because of his body of work and accomplishments the past several years. We had a pass first offense with OL issues which would have been a detriment to a rookie QB. Dak attempted 90 more passes and games were thrown on him. Before Cooper we had nothing at receiver which is why we traded a first round pick for him during the season. Stroud had an experienced TE in Shultz while Dak was working with young TEs. Stroud will likely be the better QB once he gains more experience.
Well, that's a good point. That's why I said I needed more than one season. We've seen this play out before. Having both good and bad endings.