QBs rarely win Superbowls on extension expensive contracts

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
Well this year alone we have a rookie ( Mr Irrelevant) Purdy from the 49ers reaching the SB . In fact he has more playoff wins than the cowboys in 30 years ., Dak is nowhere near Pathetic !!
let me give you other examples besides the ones mentioned , Nick foles won a Super Bowl , on a peanuts contract , not sure if he was a rookie .
hurts got to a SB in his 3rd year and making 2 million a year .
plenty of examples supporting the OP .
No matter what anyone else did in the past, Dak stinks the place out in big games. This year was earlier and worse than usual.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Rogers, Mahomes and Brady all won on expense contracts. Everyone says Brady was a team friendly deal, need to actually read the contract then tell me how team friendly it was. Same with Bradshaw and Montana and Steve Young and Peyton Manning and Eli Manning, eventhough the money was different then it was way more than their teammates were making.

You win when you have a good team in all phases of the game along with a bit of luck, i.e. the Purdy throw off the Lion DB facemask into #11 hands at the 4 yd line.
:hammer:
same with Eli, Stafford both won on second and 3rd contracts.

you just have to know how to build a team.

Adreme

Reaction score

QBs typically win super bowls on rookie contracts or team friendly contracts, Brady , Aaron Rogers , Mahomes , Wilson etc .
But now Dak wants an SECOND. Extension mammoth contract ? He has had that and has not delivered .
sometimes I wonder is it Jerry or Stephen approving such decisions.

Dak's current contract is less than Mahomes is on. Sometimes you have to remember the messenger is not always the most reliable source of the message.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
How about this: If you are going to pay your QB Patrick Mahomes money, he better be Patrick Mahomes.

Jarntt

Reaction score
We get it . You love Dak And don’t care if he wins anything of significance. Enjoy and don’t worry he will not go anywhere as Jerry thinks like you and we won’t sniff a SB for another 3-4 years with your beloved Dak .
No you don't get it at all. If it were my call, I wouldn't give Dak another contract and I was against his last contract. I'm just calling out your BS and slanted agenda driven drivel. Nice try though dope

basel90

Reaction score
No you don't get it at all. If it were my call, I wouldn't give Dak another contract and I was against his last contract. I'm just calling out your BS and slanted agenda driven drivel. Nice try though dope
you are not only confused about what you want , your low IQ is also evident

basel90

Reaction score
Dak's current contract is less than Mahomes is on. Sometimes you have to remember the messenger is not always the most reliable source of the message.
yes his current is lower indeed. but that is about to change . our GM is brining in the Brinks truck to keep Dak. Not to mention that Mahomes is worth much much more. A potential GOAT.

Jarntt

Reaction score
you are not only confused about what you want , your low IQ is also evident
No, you got caught making an assumption and being found to be full of crap. When you resort to passive aggressive tactics it makes it pretty clear you actually defend your argument.

loublue22

Reaction score
How many QBs have started 9 straight seasons for the same team without making the Conference championship? We're about to have 2 in a row.

Adreme

Reaction score
yes his current is lower indeed. but that is about to change . our GM is brining in the Brinks truck to keep Dak. Not to mention that Mahomes is worth much much more. A potential GOAT.
Yes but you are missing the entire point. You cant say how important it is to take less when he is currently taking more. He is not taking less by any substantive metric. The reason teams tend to fade out when they pay their QB is not the massive cap hit of the QB but that those teams have presumably been doing pretty well before that so they have been drafting far lower for the past few years and that generally means an inferior roster and inferior rosters tend to not make Super Bowls or contend for championships but unfortunately with one of the dozen or so championship level QBs you are not going to be bad enough to be drafting top 5 and grab a difference maker like what Harrison will probably be.

basel90

Reaction score
No, you got caught making an assumption and being found to be full of crap. When you resort to passive aggressive tactics it makes it pretty clear you actually defend your argument.

you are so confused and trying to get out of it . no use of arguing with confused persons

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Stats are worthless.

Look at Alex Smith's stats with the chiefs.

This isn't a "unique" situation, this has happened before with other teams like the Chiefs, 49ers, and Bengals in recent history.

Guys like Alex Smith, Jimmy Garoppolo and Andy Dalton were "good enough" but always faltered in the playoffs (except for jimmy G)

Those teams are now real contenders because they had the common sense and guts to look for more than "good enough"
Only these Dak groupies think this guy is sooo “unique” he can’t be replaced smh

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Only these Dak groupies think this guy is sooo “unique” he can’t be replaced smh
or its really simple...replacing Dak with an upgrade or rebuilding around a high upside rookie..is one thing "Anyone but Dak" is completley diferent....this is brought to you by the current GM who's last "Starting QB" draft pick was Quincy Carter....

Philmonroe

Reaction score
or its really simple...replacing Dak with an upgrade or rebuilding around a high upside rookie..is one thing "Anyone but Dak" is completley diferent....this is brought to you by the current GM who's last "Starting QB" draft pick was Quincy Carter....
Sorry but no. Even with anyone but Dak that gets you a chance a the qbs most likely to be top tier. I will keep my previous pov that some people are just Dak groupies and or scarred of taking any risk. I’m not saying getting rid of him will make us great immediately but in the words or Cee Dee momma he ain’t it.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Sorry but no. Even with anyone but Dak that gets you a chance a the qbs most likely to be top tier. I will keep my previous pov that some people are just Dak groupies and or scarred of taking any risk. I’m not saying getting rid of him will make us great immediately but in the words or Cee Dee momma he ain’t it.
Jerry already got lucky ..Romo, Dak they came out of nowhere..Jerry picked Quincy and wanted Paxton.. you see the trend here right? I'm all for drafting a QB..I'm also very real about the GM who is drafting said QB...I forgot the one that got away...Johnny Money..

Last edited:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Jerry already got lucky ..Romo, Dak they came out of nowhere..Jerry picked Quincy and wanted Paxton.. you see the trend here right? I'm all for drafting a QB..I'm also very real about the GM who is drafting said QB...I forgot the one that got away...Johnny Money..
If we stink like I’m assuming you were getting at in the first post to me even he couldn’t mess that up. If he did it would at least be the guy most draft types and the like would say you should take. The players you mentioned were all further along in the first not top qb taken.

Flamma

Reaction score
this GM has not just given stupid contracts to Dak. he has given it to Zeke, Gallup, Cooper, Lawrence and on and on and on. get the point?

and btw, the payment deferrements is a typical strategy for all large contracts. See Herbert, Jackson, Hurts, etc. so this one I don't fault him for.

and Dak's issues are what they are. he is what he is. the GM is responsible to build a team, find the right QB, put the right team around him and build a championship team. 28 years and counting.

and the QB market is what it is. 16 QBs with 30M+ AAV contracts. 12 with 40M AAV contracts. outside of a few most are regular season QBs. so you just described most of NFL QB market.

this GM has continuously failed. he couldn't build a team around Romo, on his initial contract, nor after he gave him a new contract. he couldn't do it with Dak on Rookie contract, and not with new contract. you get the point?
remove Dak. is anything going to change? who would you sign to make this team into a championship team? do you think Rush is capable (Yeah I have heard the fallacy of the 4-1 record). nobody can give any specific example of how they would build a championship team. everyone just complains, complains, complains and everyone just wants to point to Dak. nobosy has offered any better alternative. none. until then what we have is our best option, which is a sad state of affairs.
LOL, this is a good hit piece on our GM. But whether it's Jerry or his son, they deserve it. They failed at their job, and they continue to do so. All while others go from rags to riches. The Cowboys seem to be caught in limbo. A good team, but not a contender.