Quarterback ranking clarity

Status
Not open for further replies.

erod

Reaction score
Now that the season has played out to the Super Bowl matchup now, in what order would teams WANT each QB to be their quarterback going forward?

Forget meaningless stats. Who would teams actually want to quarterback their team in 2024?

This is the approximate order I think they'd be taken for the 2024 season (not considering age):

1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Joe Burrow
3. Josh Allen
4. Justin Herbert
5. Jordan Love
6. CJ Stroud
7. Aaron Rodgers
8. Jared Goff
9. Brock Purdy
10. Matt Stafford
11. Lamar Jackson
12. Trevor Lawrence
13. Kirk Cousins
14. Tua Taigovailoa
15. Anthony Richardson

From the outside looking in, you'd still have Jalen Hurts, Deshaun Watson, Derek Carr, Baker Mayfield, Geno Smith, Dak Prescott, Kenny Pickett, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones, Bryce Young, Russell Wilson, Sam Howell...

JBS

Reaction score
Now that the season has played out to the Super Bowl matchup now, in what order would teams WANT each QB to be their quarterback going forward?

Forget meaningless stats. Who would teams actually want to quarterback their team in 2024?

This is the approximate order I think they'd be taken for the 2024 season (not considering age):

1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Joe Burrow
3. Josh Allen
4. Justin Herbert
5. Jordan Love
6. CJ Stroud
7. Aaron Rodgers
8. Jared Goff
9. Brock Purdy
10. Matt Stafford
11. Lamar Jackson
12. Trevor Lawrence
13. Kirk Cousins
14. Tua Taigovailoa
15. Anthony Richardson

From the outside looking in, you'd still have Jalen Hurts, Deshaun Watson, Derek Carr, Baker Mayfield, Geno Smith, Dak Prescott, Kenny Pickett, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones, Bryce Young, Russell Wilson, Sam Howell...
This list is absolutely terrible

Kwyn

Reaction score

1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Joe Burrow
3. Josh Allen
4. Justin Herbert
5. Jordan Love
6. CJ Stroud
7. Aaron Rodgers
8. Jared Goff
9. Brock Purdy
10. Matt Stafford
11. Lamar Jackson
12. Trevor Lawrence
13. Kirk Cousins
14. Tua Taigovailoa
15. Anthony Richardson

What “clarity” is being provided here. This is just your ranking based on your personal opinion.

John813

Reaction score
Tua shouldn't be higher than Dak.

I watch Tua almost every week. Dude is smaller, worse arm strength and has faded in prime time games.
Not a mobile QB either.

Midway point I thought he was turning a corner but reality kicked in in the back half.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Joe Burrow
3. Josh Allen
4. Justin Herbert
5. Jordan Love
6. CJ Stroud
7. Aaron Rodgers
8. Jared Goff
9. Brock Purdy
10. Matt Stafford
11. Lamar Jackson
12. Trevor Lawrence
13. Kirk Cousins
14. Tua Taigovailoa
15. Anthony Richardson

Except for Mahomes, Burrow and Allen the order of that list is laughable. :rolleyes:

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Good list. Once you're out of the Top-12 range, it's a toss-up as most of those QBs are generally similar and can do some good things but have plenty of flaws that limit them. I'd have Russell Wilson a little higher and into that Top-12. He had a solid season despite being on an offense/team that was not too interested in keeping him long-term. He's old now but if we're talking just 2024, I'd love to have him as the starter here.

Sydla

Reaction score

1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Joe Burrow
3. Josh Allen
4. Justin Herbert
5. Jordan Love
6. CJ Stroud
7. Aaron Rodgers
8. Jared Goff
9. Brock Purdy
10. Matt Stafford
11. Lamar Jackson
12. Trevor Lawrence
13. Kirk Cousins
14. Tua Taigovailoa
15. Anthony Richardson

As someone noted, Dak is probably in that 11-15 range.

I mean people want to ding Dak because he came up small in the playoffs/big spots but that's Kirk Cousins. So why is Cousins at 13 and Dak somewhere near 20?

That being said, I have advocated that now is the time to make a change at QB (along with HC).

btgboys41

Reaction score

1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Joe Burrow
3. Josh Allen
4. Justin Herbert
5. Jordan Love
6. CJ Stroud
7. Aaron Rodgers
8. Jared Goff
9. Brock Purdy
10. Matt Stafford
11. Lamar Jackson
12. Trevor Lawrence
13. Kirk Cousins
14. Tua Taigovailoa
15. Anthony Richardson

Good list. I’d probably have Hurts in top 10. Rodgers is hard because if this is about having somewhat of a future, then I think it’s too high. If it’s about best qb, then I think he should be higher. Hard to account for both scenarios. Well done imo.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The fact that Herbert is 4th on this list should tell you the list is worthless list made up by some clueless fan.
The way he worded the intro makes a difference.

He asked what order GMs/teams would most want to build their team around....or going forward.
Not who played the best this season.

In that case, Herbert would be way up there
It's certainly why Harbaugh took the Chargers job.
That roster is aging and has holes everywhere, but they do have Herbert.

Status
Not open for further replies.