Quarterback ranking clarity

Status
Not open for further replies.

erod

Reaction score
Dak would be taken over Richardson, Tua, Cousins, Stafford, Purdy, Goff and Rodgers by the overwhelming majority of NFL GMs right now. He’d be taken over literally everyone in your “other” category. And he’d be taken over Lamar Jackson by a lot of GMs because Baltimore has to build an entire roster and offense around his niche skill set just to make him a functional NFL QB. He is a dramatically inferior passer by virtually every metric to Prescott.

This thread is nothing but an exercise in bias and hatred.
Wow. Reality hit you, and you aren't handling it well.

1942willys

Reaction score
Have I missed something? Is Anthony Richardson really that high on people's lists?
Yeah, I would not have him that high
but then Lawrence is too high I think; he should have advanced more this season but seems to have plateaued

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Now that the season has played out to the Super Bowl matchup now, in what order would teams WANT each QB to be their quarterback going forward?

Forget meaningless stats.
"Forget everything that gives any objectivity or context, I know best!"

This is sorry. You shouldn't be allowed to have internet access.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Now that the season has played out to the Super Bowl matchup now, in what order would teams WANT each QB to be their quarterback going forward?

Forget meaningless stats. Who would teams actually want to quarterback their team in 2024?

This is the approximate order I think they'd be taken for the 2024 season (not considering age):

1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Joe Burrow
3. Josh Allen
4. Justin Herbert
5. Jordan Love
6. CJ Stroud
7. Aaron Rodgers
8. Jared Goff
9. Brock Purdy
10. Matt Stafford
11. Lamar Jackson
12. Trevor Lawrence
13. Kirk Cousins
14. Tua Taigovailoa
15. Anthony Richardson

From the outside looking in, you'd still have Jalen Hurts, Deshaun Watson, Derek Carr, Baker Mayfield, Geno Smith, Dak Prescott, Kenny Pickett, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones, Bryce Young, Russell Wilson, Sam Howell...
Lawrence? cousins? neither has done squat. neither deserves the ranking. Anthony richardson? what has he done?

Chasing6

Reaction score

Forget meaningless stats. Who would teams actually want to quarterback their team in 2024?

This is the approximate order I think they'd be taken for the 2024 season (not considering age):

1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Joe Burrow
3. Josh Allen
4. Justin Herbert
5. Jordan Love
6. CJ Stroud
7. Aaron Rodgers
8. Jared Goff
9. Brock Purdy
10. Matt Stafford
11. Lamar Jackson
12. Trevor Lawrence
13. Kirk Cousins
14. Tua Taigovailoa
15. Anthony Richardson

From the outside looking in, you'd still have Jalen Hurts, Deshaun Watson, Derek Carr, Baker Mayfield, Geno Smith, Dak Prescott, Kenny Pickett, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones, Bryce Young, Russell Wilson, Sam Howell...
After this one. Let's do the exact opposite and put in order what team would you want - minus the QB.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
My list.

Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Joe Montana
Aaron Rodgers
Dan Marino
Steve Young
Roger Staubach
Jim Kelly
Brett Favre/Elway

Chasing6

Reaction score
That's a reasonable guess. Rodgers looks a little high to me, and Purdy a little low- but overall pretty good I think.

Funny how many folks around here were dissing Goff until recently! He's a solid QB.
Just goes to show these people have no idea.

rambo2

Reaction score

1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Joe Burrow
3. Josh Allen
4. Justin Herbert
5. Jordan Love
6. CJ Stroud
7. Aaron Rodgers
8. Jared Goff
9. Brock Purdy
10. Matt Stafford
11. Lamar Jackson
12. Trevor Lawrence
13. Kirk Cousins
14. Tua Taigovailoa
15. Anthony Richardson

Dak is for sure up around the 3 spot on your list. Rodgers should be higher and Dak much higher. Herbert hasn't done anything.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yeah we should cut Dak. See what Lance can maybe do and start Rush this year and ease Lance in. Maybe we can give up all of our draft picks this year and some high picks for next year to get a rookie. We will need to blow the team up or keep what we can. And let it roll.

And we can also trade Parsons for what we can get. Let D-Law and others go to save money. Let it ride on a rookie that will have the same O-Line we had last year.

Or get JJ to step back and hire the best staff he can get. Stay out of it and watch the game from sky box and go home.

Neither of these will happen. We will line up and run it back. Get used to it. Or find another team or don’t watch or continue to watch and criticize. We do not own the team. We all have seen what’s happened every year. He wants to win and would sell and trade all he has to win another SB. The trick is that he has to win it his way… He can’t hire people to do it and then run in at the end and say he did I it. Its got to be with everyone knowing he is in control.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Dak would be top 10 by the GMs. Since ESPN started doing Player rankings Dak has always been a top 10 quarterback. Again fans underestimate the pressure of playing quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys because of our fan base and most importantly being the scapegoat for the Joneses.

Chasing6

Reaction score
My list.

Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Joe Montana
Aaron Rodgers
Dan Marino
Steve Young
Roger Staubach
Jim Kelly
Brett Favre/Elway
C'mon get with the program. Marino never won a SB he is the biggest chocker ever.

jsb357

Reaction score
From the outside looking in, you'd still have Dak Prescott....
dak1.jpg

Kingofholland

Reaction score

1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Joe Burrow
3. Josh Allen
4. Justin Herbert
5. Jordan Love
6. CJ Stroud
7. Aaron Rodgers
8. Jared Goff
9. Brock Purdy
10. Matt Stafford
11. Lamar Jackson
12. Trevor Lawrence
13. Kirk Cousins
14. Tua Taigovailoa
15. Anthony Richardson

Good attempt, but after the top 3 I'm not really understanding the rating system. Lamar at 11, Anthony Richardson and Cousins on the list?

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
C'mon get with the program. Marino never won a SB he is the biggest chocker ever.
Marino was on a poor team much of his career, and he elevated their play. I remember when he was the QB in the game was close at the end I was scared to death because when the coaches let him run the offense the guy was unstoppable. He made his receivers great. They weren't great. The 2 guys he made into great players he played with much of his career Clayton, and Duper. We would have had 10 Super Bowl's with that guy, and the teams we used to have.

But I know what you're talking about :)

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Joe Burrow
3. Josh Allen
4. Justin Herbert
5. Jordan Love
6. CJ Stroud
7. Aaron Rodgers
8. Jared Goff
9. Brock Purdy
10. Matt Stafford
11. Lamar Jackson
12. Trevor Lawrence
13. Kirk Cousins
14. Tua Taigovailoa
15. Anthony Richardson

1. Mahomes
Large gulf

2. Allen
3. Burrow
4 Lamar
5. Purdy
6 Herbert
7. Tua
8 love
9 Goff
10. Trevor Lawrence
11 CJ Stroud
12 Rodgers
13. Stafford
14. Dak
15. Hurts

TWOK11

Reaction score
Wow. Reality hit you, and you aren't handling it well.
Your refusal across years to fail to engage with attempts at in depth discussions regarding Dak has led most of us to treat you with the dismissiveness such behavior deserves. Don’t mistake that for insecurity.

Status
Not open for further replies.