Quarterbacks will get selected at 1,2,3,4,5

T-RO

Reaction score
In order for QB's to go 1-5, ATL must take one and CIN must trade down and possibly miss the player they want for their QB. Those WR's are going to come off fast. And the Jets haven't topped their hand about Darnold. What if they decide to give him one more year and get him a T, WR or TE?

I think there's a lot of positioning and posturing which will continue right up to the draft. This is not a deep draft, especially in D players that can come in and start.

I think some here are overvaluing the QB's in this draft. Fields is not Murray, Jones is not Burrow or Herbert. Lance might or might not be Wentz, either Wentz.

These GM's get in a QB frenzy, there will be busts and there will be blood. They need to go back and look at the film of the last college year for Darnold, Haskins and Rosen. Darnold looked a lot like these QB prospects and he still might be something but she looks good at closing time right up until you get her home and she starts taking off the makeup and body parts.

How they actually turn out, who can say?

But here's what I've heard from pundits:
Lawrence is #1 prospect since Luck, say many.
Jones > Tua say his own teammates and most folks I've read. PFF compares him to Joe Burrow.
Lance = Josh Allen. Big and fast. Strongest arm in class. Maybe highest ceiling in class.
Fields... ESPN ranked him 4th of all prospects in the modern era!
Wilson...Many scouts say Wilson or Fields would be #1 overall pick in most any other year.

Mond, Mills, Trask...others...who knows.

Review of 2021 Elite QB class:
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-how-g...-talented-ever

DFWJC

Reaction score
Wilson could tell the Jets: "I don't think we're a good fit." and slide to the NIners or Falcons. If he doesn't do that, I question his common sense and drive to win.
Wilson has already publically said the Jets would be great

T-RO

Reaction score
T-RO, the cute little girl in the minions isn’t gonna like you harvesting unicorn leather.

Our proprietary unicorn leather is handled exclusively, and gently, by vegetarian woodland elves. They harvest product felled by orcs and trolls, subsequent to Progressive-approved native ritual. The NFL logo® embroidery, meanwhile, is 100% American-made, carefully weaved -and wholey from the locks that fall from blonde American popStars. Britney Spears has been a gracious and generous donor.

Investment. Keepsake. Conversation-piece. Valued Family Treasure. Come first for the NFL draft insight, stay for the Unicorn leather pouch and priceless pumpkin seeds.

Act now. 1-800-FIVE-FIRST.

Last edited:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Calling it now. I've not heard a single other person suggest it. Want this in writing well before the draft.

T-Ro says:
Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Jones and Lance (in some order) will all be gone at the end of the first five picks.

And don't be surprised if Mills and Mond are selected before the first 40 picks.
I believe it will be 1-4 and 8.
At 5 Cincy will pick a on-QB and the top non-QB imho.
At 6 MIA will give Tua another year and pick their choice of offensive weapons. --JaMarr Chase is my guess.
At 7 DET is likely a trade target if someone wants to jump for the 5th QB but I'm not sure who'd have the ammo here. Maybe the Pats? --I think Pats could go get Jimmy G for a song after SF drafts a QB.
At 8 Panthers will take that QB if he is there imho.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
It's not out of the realm of possibility. I think the first three picks are all QB. SF didn't trade the farm to move up for a non-QB.

ATL has a lot tied up in Ryan the next few years and his cap hits are huge - they would either need to trade him ASAP, pay him to sit on the bench or have their pick ride pine for the next three years. My gut tells me that they are legit tradedown partner for whomever likes Lance/Jones/Fields depending on what SF does at #3. As for Cinci, they'd basically have their pick of the litter or could accept a small tradedown with someone like CAR and still secure a top receiving threat/OT for Burrow.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
How they actually turn out, who can say?

But here's what I've heard from pundits:
Lawrence is #1 prospect since Luck, say many.
Jones > Tua say his own teammates and most folks I've read. PFF compares him to Joe Burrow.
Lance = Josh Allen. Big and fast. Strongest arm in class. Maybe highest ceiling in class.
Fields... ESPN ranked him 4th of all prospects in the modern era!
Wilson...Many scouts say Wilson or Fields would be #1 overall pick in most any other year.

Mond, Mills, Trask...others...who knows.

Review of 2021 Elite QB class:
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-how-g...-talented-ever

I have to admit I'm a little surprised at how little teams appear to be valuing Trask after one throwaway bowl game when half his teammates opted out on him and he spent the game throwing to guys he just met at the team hotel. This kid is going to be a steal for somebody I think. He's a lot like Dak Prescott in that he's never been "the guy" until given the chance and then once he got the chance he never let go of it. He never started a game in high school because he was the backup to the kid at Miami. But he still showed enough talent in limited duty to get a full ride to Florida. Then he sat at Florida until the starter gets hurt last year and all he does it just start obliterating records at a school that has had more than it's share of record setting QBs. You arm strength and I am reminded of the one thing that really stood out about Trask for me when watching his games.. Velocity.. The ball gets there in a hurry.. I first noticed it on the little WR screens.. Usually when guys throw it there is time for the DB to get over and make a play.. but Trask zips that thing over there so quickly the corner is not even out of his stance before the ball gets there. Then I started watching all his throws.. and a lot of them are like that. When he makes up his mind to put the ball there it goes there and aint messin around on the way. It's unfortunate what happened to him in the bowl game but it could work to his advantage because he is far more likely to end up on a good team maybe with a chance to sit and learn a year or two as opposed to the higher drafted guys who will be pressed into action on bad teams way before they're ready.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Its going to be a few QB bust at the top of the draft. Zach Wilson is gonna be a bust. People are hyping him up way too much. And now they are saying he should be drafted before Fields who is the better player.
Give me Fields over Wilson.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I have to admit I'm a little surprised at how little teams appear to be valuing Trask after one throwaway bowl game when half his teammates opted out on him and he spent the game throwing to guys he just met at the team hotel. This kid is going to be a steal for somebody I think. He's a lot like Dak Prescott in that he's never been "the guy" until given the chance and then once he got the chance he never let go of it. He never started a game in high school because he was the backup to the kid at Miami. But he still showed enough talent in limited duty to get a full ride to Florida. Then he sat at Florida until the starter gets hurt last year and all he does it just start obliterating records at a school that has had more than it's share of record setting QBs. You arm strength and I am reminded of the one thing that really stood out about Trask for me when watching his games.. Velocity.. The ball gets there in a hurry.. I first noticed it on the little WR screens.. Usually when guys throw it there is time for the DB to get over and make a play.. but Trask zips that thing over there so quickly the corner is not even out of his stance before the ball gets there. Then I started watching all his throws.. and a lot of them are like that. When he makes up his mind to put the ball there it goes there and aint messin around on the way. It's unfortunate what happened to him in the bowl game but it could work to his advantage because he is far more likely to end up on a good team maybe with a chance to sit and learn a year or two as opposed to the higher drafted guys who will be pressed into action on bad teams way before they're ready.

i would draft him in the 3rd rd.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Its going to be a few QB bust at the top of the draft. Zach Wilson is gonna be a bust. People are hyping him up way too much. And now they are saying he should be drafted before Fields who is the better player.
Give me Fields over Wilson.

Any of these kids can bust if they go into the wrong situation. Whether it be an idiot coach, a crappy o-line, no receivers, a lot can go wrong in the career of a young QB. I think they all have the talent to succeed in the right situation. I'm not about to denigrate any of them in terms of their physical tools.. They can all sling it.. I don't know what's upstairs with most of them.. Probably the two I know the most about from that standpoint are Lawrence and Trask.. Trask is probably the least athletic of all the QBs in this draft but dude can flat out sling the rock with deadly accuracy and does not flinch in the face of pressure. Lawrence also has the big arm and the championship mettle but I do wonder about how he will do when facing teams that have better talent than the one he's on. In the times where that was the case at Clemson he kinda fell flat. But he's had his team playing for the marbles all three years so there's a lot to be said for that. Fields is another raw talent who played on a team that was pretty much always the more talented team. And even then he had struggles.. That's a bit of a red flag for me. I have not watched Wilson at all and Lance played one game (and played like crap doing it) and then shut it down for the season. Even bigger red flag athleticism be damned. I would let somebody else take that risk. Jones plays for Bama and a lot like Lawrence and Fields almost never faced an opponent with better talent.. except LSU two years ago.. and even though he lost that game he still showed up. That counts a lot to me.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Calling it now. I've not heard a single other person suggest it. Want this in writing well before the draft.

T-Ro says:
Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Jones and Lance (in some order) will all be gone at the end of the first five picks.

And don't be surprised if Mills and Mond are selected before the first 40 picks.

Not unless the Bengals trade down. Why would they take another QB?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Scripted pro days don’t push you up, the tape does.

I agree, for the most part. I mean, there isn't much that you can really tell most of the time but, in the case of Wilson, he did show you something. He can throw deep down the seam, basically rolling left, away from the receiver with good velocity for over 50 yards, accurately. That's not an easy throw to make. Most guys in the NFL, can not do it, much less with any degree of accuracy. That's a bid deal because it locks your safeties in. They can't roll with the QB. They have to play honestly, even when the QB is being flushed out of the pocket. That's a big deal.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I believe it will be 1-4 and 8.
At 5 Cincy will pick a on-QB and the top non-QB imho.
At 6 MIA will give Tua another year and pick their choice of offensive weapons. --JaMarr Chase is my guess.
At 7 DET is likely a trade target if someone wants to jump for the 5th QB but I'm not sure who'd have the ammo here. Maybe the Pats? --I think Pats could go get Jimmy G for a song after SF drafts a QB.
At 8 Panthers will take that QB if he is there imho.
That is a very reasonable take, particularly if Mac goes to SF.

1. Jax - QB Lawrence
2. NY - QB Wilson
3. SF - QB Jones
4. Atl. - QB Fields
5. Cin. - OT Sewell
6. Mia. - WR Chase
7. Det. - WR Waddle
8. Car. - QB Lance
9. Den. - LB Parsons

The questions that I have about this scenario are:

1. Is it Mac for SF? I think there’s a good chance it is Lance but maybe I’m wrong.

2. Are the Falcons going to take a QB even though Ryan has some expensive years left? Probably so. It isn’t every day that you’re sitting at 4 in a very good QB draft. Plus, Lance and Fields are good fits for the new offense they’re going to run.

3. If SF does take Lance, would Carolina like Jones enough to take him at 8. I think they do. All indications point to Rhule and the front office wanting to get their QB come hell-or-highwater. I feel like there’s a good chance that they’ll go with whichever of the 5 is left.

4. Will Denver take a LB? Word is that Denver wants to focus on defense and with them picking up both Darby and Fuller at corner, I think they’ll go with LB Parsons and skip the corners. They’ll be good CB’s available in rounds 2 and 3, but there won’t be a guy like Parsons there.

With both Miami and Detroit needing WR badly, this year with 3 great prospects, it’s probably the move they make. Miami has little at receiver and, with Detroit losing both Marvin Jones and Golliday, they almost have to have one.

Pitts is an option for both teams but Miami loves the super athletic Gesecki (2nd round pick) and Detroit has TJ Hockenson who was a top 10 pick a couple of years ago. WR makes sense for both of them.

And of course Cincy could take someone other than Sewell but a transcendent talent at OT when they badly need one for their young QB is simply too good to pass up, IMO. They’ll take their new Anthony Munoz.

If things do fall that way, Dallas will have their choice between Surtain, Slater and Pitts at 10. Regardless of which one of the three you want, we can all agree that it would be a very good outcome for the Cowboys.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
That is a very reasonable take, particularly if Mac goes to SF.

1. Jax - QB Lawrence
2. NY - QB Wilson
3. SF - QB Jones
4. Atl. - QB Fields
5. Cin. - OT Sewell
6. Mia. - WR Chase
7. Det. - WR Waddle
8. Car. - QB Lance
9. Den. - LB Parsons

The questions that I have about this scenario are:

1. Is it Mac for SF? I think there’s a good chance it is Lance but maybe I’m wrong.

2. Are the Falcons going to take a QB even though Ryan has some expensive years left? Probably so. It isn’t every day that you’re sitting at 4 in a very good QB draft. Plus, Lance and Fields are good fits for the new offense they’re going to run.

3. If SF does take Lance, would Carolina like Jones enough to take him at 8. I think they do. All indications point to Rhule and the front office wanting to get their QB come hell-or-highwater. I feel like there’s a good chance that they’ll go with whichever of the 5 is left.

4. Will Denver take a LB? Word is that Denver wants to focus on defense and with them picking up both Darby and Fuller at corner, I think they’ll go with LB Parsons and skip the corners. They’ll be good CB’s available in rounds 2 and 3, but there won’t be a guy like Parsons there.

With both Miami and Detroit needing WR badly, this year with 3 great prospects, it’s probably the move they make. Miami has little at receiver and, with Detroit losing both Marvin Jones and Golliday, they almost have to have one.

Pitts is an option for both teams but Miami loves the super athletic Gesecki (2nd round pick) and Detroit has TJ Hockenson who was a top 10 pick a couple of years ago. WR makes sense for both of them.

And of course Cincy could take someone other than Sewell but a transcendent talent at OT when they badly need one for their young QB is simply too good to pass up, IMO. They’ll take their new Anthony Munoz.

If things do fall that way, Dallas will have their choice between Surtain, Slater and Pitts at 10. Regardless of which one of the three you want, we can all agree that it would be a very good outcome for the Cowboys.
49ers are swearing they love Mac Jones but just not sure I buy that.
The physical limitations are very real.
He is no where near as strong-armed or athletic as Tua who struggled last year as the biggest thing since Lawrence(pre-injury).

I'd think Mac goes 8th to a QB desperate Panthers team.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Trask didn't even start in high school.
He doesn't profile as a starter at the NFL level to me.
Just a bit too limited in mobility for me in a modern NFL offense.
He reminds me of a lot of old Texas Tech Air Raid QBs. Good system guys that read it and let it go and let playmakers go get it.
Not overly accurate but gets it out quick to open guys.

Scouts seem to like him a bit more than me.
The PFF draft guide take:
Statue in the pocket. No scrambling or playmaking at all. Inconsistent ball placement underneath. 67.4% accuracy on throws inside 10 yards, ranking 50th.Loaded Florida offense. Bowl game was a struggle without top two playmakers.Arm is solid, but nowhere near guys at the top of the class.

Dane Brugler's take:
7. Kyle Trask, Florida (6-4, 236 pounds)
Manvel, Texas (Manvel); Age: 23.15

A two-year starter at Florida, Trask showed tremendous knowledge within head coach Dan Mullen’s scheme, playing mostly out of the shotgun. Despite not starting a game between his final three years of high school (2013-15) and first three years of college (2016-18), he was extremely productive the past two seasons, leading the FBS in passing yards (4,283) and touchdown passes (43) in 2020 (when he became the first player in SEC history with at least four touchdown passes in six straight games).

Trask understands where to go with the football and is at his best when he can loft throws into the void of the defense. However, his accuracy can’t be described as pinpoint, his lackluster mobility shines bright against pressure and there is a noticeable lack of zip on throws when he doesn’t step into them or use proper hip torque. Overall, Trask is a well-built, smart and tough competitor with natural touch as a passer, but his inconsistent mechanics and below-average mobility cap his ceiling as an NFL quarterback, projecting as a carbon copy of Mason Rudolph.

Matt Miller's take:
QB6—Kyle Trask, Florida | Overall: #46

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
49ers are swearing they love Mac Jones but just not sure I buy that.
The physical limitations are very real.
He is no where near as strong-armed or athletic as Tua who struggled last year as the biggest thing since Lawrence(pre-injury).

I'd think Mac goes 8th to a QB desperate Panthers team.
I haven’t heard anything directly from the team about Jones. Are they saying that Jones is the guy?

If so, I can’t see any reason for them to not tell the truth. They’d rather have Wilson or Lawrence (I’m sure) so there’s no downside to just letting the world know who they want.

If it is Jones, it is a curious decision.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I haven’t heard anything directly from the team about Jones. Are they saying that Jones is the guy?

If so, I can’t see any reason for them to not tell the truth. They’d rather have Wilson or Lawrence (I’m sure) so there’s no downside to just letting the world know who they want.

If it is Jones, it is a curious decision.
Shanahan basically said he's the guy.
They are attending Mac Jones workout instead of others and being pretty open that he's the guy.
Shanahan knows more about offense than I ever will but mann I just don't know how you think you can win in 2021 with an unathletic QB .

The guys who have surprised in the NFL have plus athleticism: Dak, Russ, Lamar.
I can't really think of any young intangibles guys succeeding.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Shanahan basically said he's the guy.
They are attending Mac Jones workout instead of others and being pretty open that he's the guy.
Shanahan knows more about offense than I ever will but mann I just don't know how you think you can win in 2021 with an unathletic QB .

The guys who have surprised in the NFL have plus athleticism: Dak, Russ, Lamar.
I can't really think of any young intangibles guys succeeding.
Wow, okay. Thanks.