Quarterbacks will get selected at 1,2,3,4,5

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Bengals would trade back if this were to happen, and honestly, the Falcons should really consider it as well.
Bengals could use more picks to add talent to that team.
Falcon's talent is getting old and fragile.
Both teams could benefit greatly by doing so.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I think Shannahan already has Wilson and Fields penciled in for 3, but wanted to see what Jones had and he didn't look too impressive.

T-RO

Reaction score
I think Shannahan already has Wilson and Fields penciled in for 3, but wanted to see what Jones had and he didn't look too impressive.

Some draft gurus and GM's don't put much stock into pro days.

T-RO

Reaction score
Day by day The "experts" are inching closer to my "Five-First"

Last week PFF guy said, "Five QB's in Top Ten"

Today Daniel Jeremiah declared, "Five QB's in Top Seven"

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Nobody likes an I told you so especially before an I told you so comes true.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Fields isn’t worth it so I’m thinking only the first 4 picks are QBs....the jets however, I could see them trading down.

Flamma

Reaction score

I declare, 4 QBs in the top 10.

T-RO

Reaction score
I declare, 4 QBs in the top 10.

That's nothing bold. Gotta put yourself on the edge w/these kinda predictions. I might even push this further:
"Five QBs in the first Four Selections." :)

J-man

Reaction score
1 Jags- Lawrence
2 Jets- Wilson
3 49rs- Fields
4 Panthers- Lance (Atl receives 8, 39, 193)
5 Bengles- Sewell

T-RO

Reaction score
1 Jags- Lawrence
2 Jets- Wilson
3 49rs- Fields
4 Panthers- Lance (Atl receives 8, 39, 193)
5 Bengles- Sewell

C'mon J...U trying to dump on my FIVE-FIRST?

Again I remind:
Operators are standing by. First 100 callers receive the FIVE-FIRST Formula, a Zoom palm reading of your future, and pumpkin seeks in our unique unicorn leather pouch.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Well, the only time I’ve heard Jones linked to SF is when Jeremiah said that about hearing that’s who they moved up for.

As for Lance vs Fields, my thinking goes like this: The niners reportedly really liked Lance at his pro day. Fields has yet to have his pro day, which is next week. If you’re going to trade multiple first round picks to make a big jump up to #3 for a QB, you probably at least wait for his pro day before pulling the trigger on a trade like that.

That was the first thing that went through my mind when the trade up was made with Miami. It is why I’ve been saying that Lance is the guy. It isn’t a guarantee, of course, but it does make more sense.

At the 3rd pick SF doesn’t have to worry about keeping their target secret because they’d likely be happy with Lawrence, Wilson or Lance... so there was no reason to wait for Fields’ pro day to keep people guessing.

Of course, they’ve seen Mac Jones’ pro day, and if they fell in love with him I guess they could have traded up for him.

But as for Lance vs Fields... I’d guess Lance.

Know this may sound strange but are we sure they moved up for a QB ?????? Is it possible Pitts their guy, knowing they had to move ahead of the Falcons. Their move suggests a player they absolutely love and didn't wanna take any chance him not being there at 4 or 5.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I predict that the Cowboys will not take a QB with the #10 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Know this may sound strange but are we sure they moved up for a QB ?????? Is it possible Pitts their guy, knowing they had to move ahead of the Falcons. Their move suggests a player they absolutely love and didn't wanna take any chance him not being there at 4 or 5.
I’m like 99% sure it is QB they’re after. It makes sense but more than that, I heard shanahan on the NFL Network basically saying it is going to be a QB.

Normally, you’d have to worry about misdirection but with only Jax and NY in front of SF and with them taking Lawrence / Wilson, there is no reason for it.

I can’t remember what Shanny said exactly but he pretty much admitted it was a QB.

Having said that... I could be wrong. :laugh:

T-RO

Reaction score

Positional value drives the draft now.

A 'B' quarterback prospect is regarded as more valuable than an 'A' player at any other position. Some say much more.

By 'B' I'm talking Jones and Lance who could become great players but have questions or limitations.

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
That is a very reasonable take, particularly if Mac goes to SF.

1. Jax - QB Lawrence
2. NY - QB Wilson
3. SF - QB Jones
4. Atl. - QB Fields
5. Cin. - OT Sewell
6. Mia. - WR Chase
7. Det. - WR Waddle
8. Car. - QB Lance
9. Den. - LB Parsons

The questions that I have about this scenario are:

1. Is it Mac for SF? I think there’s a good chance it is Lance but maybe I’m wrong.

2. Are the Falcons going to take a QB even though Ryan has some expensive years left? Probably so. It isn’t every day that you’re sitting at 4 in a very good QB draft. Plus, Lance and Fields are good fits for the new offense they’re going to run.

3. If SF does take Lance, would Carolina like Jones enough to take him at 8. I think they do. All indications point to Rhule and the front office wanting to get their QB come hell-or-highwater. I feel like there’s a good chance that they’ll go with whichever of the 5 is left.

4. Will Denver take a LB? Word is that Denver wants to focus on defense and with them picking up both Darby and Fuller at corner, I think they’ll go with LB Parsons and skip the corners. They’ll be good CB’s available in rounds 2 and 3, but there won’t be a guy like Parsons there.

With both Miami and Detroit needing WR badly, this year with 3 great prospects, it’s probably the move they make. Miami has little at receiver and, with Detroit losing both Marvin Jones and Golliday, they almost have to have one.

Pitts is an option for both teams but Miami loves the super athletic Gesecki (2nd round pick) and Detroit has TJ Hockenson who was a top 10 pick a couple of years ago. WR makes sense for both of them.

And of course Cincy could take someone other than Sewell but a transcendent talent at OT when they badly need one for their young QB is simply too good to pass up, IMO. They’ll take their new Anthony Munoz.

If things do fall that way, Dallas will have their choice between Surtain, Slater and Pitts at 10. Regardless of which one of the three you want, we can all agree that it would be a very good outcome for the Cowboys.

I don't think Atlanta is going QB and if they do, I don't know that Fields is a wise choice there. I mean, can you imagine the pressure on the organization to start him? That Dude is not ready to start in the NFL but, he would absolutely be the guy the fans would want to see in there. I don't think Mattie Ice is ready to go off into the Sunset. I think you have him for a couple more season yet. But because Fields is a Georgia Boy, the Fan base is gonna want him in there ASAP. That, to me, is a bad situation for all involved.

JMO

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I don't think Atlanta is going QB and if they do, I don't know that Fields is a wise choice there. I mean, can you imagine the pressure on the organization to start him? That Dude is not ready to start in the NFL but, he would absolutely be the guy the fans would want to see in there. I don't think Mattie Ice is ready to go off into the Sunset. I think you have him for a couple more season yet. But because Fields is a Georgia Boy, the Fan base is gonna want him in there ASAP. That, to me, is a bad situation for all involved.

JMO
I hear ya.

About 3 weeks until we find out. I’m ready.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I hear ya.

About 3 weeks until we find out. I’m ready.

Yeah, I mean, it could be a short term thing where they just want to play to the fan base. I mean, they just lost MLB All Star game in Atlanta. For all I know, they could completely be thinking this is the best move.

Hard to really know what the Franchise is thinking.