Queen Latifah

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me why Queen Latifah is famous?

Singing? awful
Rapping? horrible
Acting? unbearable
Being overweight? success

I just saw "Just Wright" and it was tough to watch.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3415819 said:
why is that?

Because you ain't been peeping no swag, boo!

(Trust me, I didn't get it either until it was explained to me.)

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I gotta go and will check in on this thread in the AM.

Try not to bleed all over the new carpet.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3415809 said:
Can anyone explain to me why Queen Latifah is famous?

Singing? awful
Rapping? horrible
Acting? unbearable
Being overweight? success

I just saw "Just Wright" and it was tough to watch.

Same as Oprah. because she's a fat woman with a big mouth.

Edited for self preservation.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
CliffnMesquite;3415842 said:
Same as Oprah. because she's a fat woman with a big mouth,

That gives a powerful voice to ineffectual house wives who wish they could be her.

Finished it for you.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score

Agreed. But I have more respect for Oprah than Latifah..I really don't know what Latifah is talented at...

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score

Damn right you better edit that ****, cause that was some racist ****. Im guessin she would probably be able to whoop your lame ***, and should after a comment like that.

SLATEmosphere;3415861 said:
Agreed. But I have more respect for Oprah than Latifah..I really don't know what Latifah is talented at...

She famous cause she rap better then 3/4 of the dudes that are out these days, and has been able to transform that into acting and appeal to the mainstream, both white and black. She seems like a real chick to me, whats the problem, since ya dont like her no one else should? I'm not even really a fan of hers, but to hate for no reason on someone doin big things is uncalled for. Not sayin you were neccesarily hating, but your post allowed others to hate. The funny thing to me is that you saw the movie and expected something from it, seems like a chick flick to me. People get hurt all the time and come back, whats next a love story between Orlando Scandrick and the cowboys trainer. Whatd you expect?

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3415824 said:
Because you ain't been peeping no swag, boo!

(Trust me, I didn't get it either until it was explained to me.)
LMAO!

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
sm0kie13;3415863 said:
Damn right you better edit that ****, cause that was some racist ****. Im guessin she would probably be able to whoop your lame ***, and should after a comment like that.

She famous cause she rap better then 3/4 of the dudes that are out these days, and has been able to transform that into acting and appeal to the mainstream, both white and black. She seems like a real chick to me, whats the problem, since ya dont like her no one else should? I'm not even really a fan of hers, but to hate for no reason on someone doin big things is uncalled for. Not sayin you were neccesarily hating, but your post allowed others to hate. The funny thing to me is that you saw the movie and expected something from it, seems like a chick flick to me. People get hurt all the time and come back, whats next a love story between Orlando Scandrick and the cowboys trainer. Whatd you expect?
There was nothing "racist' about it. Just a factual observation.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
sm0kie13;3415873 said:
Says the old white man, who edited his post.

On reflection, I edited it because I realized there may be some moron on this board who might take it that way. Apparently I was right.

Oh, and calling me a "old White man" is racist by your own limited standards. Even though it is accurate.
:)

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3415857 said:
That gives a powerful voice to ineffectual house wives who wish they could be her.

Finished it for you.

I thought that was what "The View" was for? ;)

gmoney112

Reaction score
Man, I don't know. It's definately a conundrum.

I think it's some kind of feminist thing. Like "Hey look at me, I can be fat and hideous and still be successful!" kind of way.