Queen Latifah

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
sm0kie13;3415863 said:
Damn right you better edit that ****, cause that was some racist ****. Im guessin she would probably be able to whoop your lame ***, and should after a comment like that.

She famous cause she rap better then 3/4 of the dudes that are out these days, and has been able to transform that into acting and appeal to the mainstream, both white and black. She seems like a real chick to me, whats the problem, since ya dont like her no one else should? I'm not even really a fan of hers, but to hate for no reason on someone doin big things is uncalled for. Not sayin you were neccesarily hating, but your post allowed others to hate. The funny thing to me is that you saw the movie and expected something from it, seems like a chick flick to me. People get hurt all the time and come back, whats next a love story between Orlando Scandrick and the cowboys trainer. Whatd you expect?

LOL wut?

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I enjoyed some of her stuff from the 90s, but I honestly didn't know she was still rapping. UNITY and For the Love of Money were pretty good little "jingles". I think she gained most of her popularity from her show, "Living Single".

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3415902 said:
Still waiting for the expected response..........

Yeah, me too. I figured there at would at least be some mopping up to do.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
You couldn't pay me to see 'Just Wright'. One of my friends texted me during the movie and said it was flat out horrible and I asked him what possessed him to see it.

However, I'm not that big of fan of Queen Latifah but she has has some decent roles in Barbershop 2, Set It Off and Bringing Down the House.

Also, she was on 'Living Single', which was a decent TV Show.

What's funny is I heard Perez Hilton put her on his list of "People that just need to come out of the closet" :laugh2: .

There are a lot less talented people in Hollywood who I would wonder why they were famous before I even got to her.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3415902 said:
Still waiting for the expected response..........

She's been sobbing on my shoulder all morning. Makes me regret moving in.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
CliffnMesquite;3415875 said:
On reflection, I edited it because I realized there may be some moron on this board who might take it that way. Apparently I was right.

Oh, and calling me a "old White man" is racist by your own limited standards. Even though it is accurate.
:)

Yeah, Im the moron.

And no, calling you an old white man is relevant to this conversation because from your perspective its pretty obvious that being white and old doesnt allow you to relate to a strong black woman, so you dismiss it as a fat black woman with a big mouth.

Its ok. I didnt expect you view your comments from anyone else's perspective but your own.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I like Queen Latifah.

I thought she was cute in Ice Age.

And she is much more talented than any of her critics in this thread ...... which is probably why they resort to calling her fat and pointing out her race.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;3416080 said:
She's been sobbing on my shoulder all morning. Makes me regret moving in.
Ah. Should have known.

Side note, does she let you use the remote yet?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never cared much for her rapping...She was ok at it but just was not my cup of tea.

However I like her as an actress. No she is not oscar awards type of roles or actress but the shows and movies she has been in she has done a decent job even if the movie itself was not that good.

She also seems like a person that would be fun to just hang around with for some reason but at the same time she seems like someone who would not take jack off of anyone. I like that. I also think she is pretty. I don't care if she is not the size that most consider a woman should be. She is natural and I think she is pretty in a natural way.

But that is just me.:D

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3416126 said:
I never cared much for her rapping...She was ok at it but just was not my cup of tea.

However I like her as an actress. No she is not oscar awards type of roles or actress but the shows and movies she has been in she has done a decent job even if the movie itself was not that good.

She also seems like a person that would be fun to just hang around with for some reason but at the same time she seems like someone who would not take jack off of anyone. I like that. I also think she is pretty. I don't care if she is not the size that most consider a woman should be. She is natural and I think she is pretty in a natural way.

But that is just me.:D

I agree with that but I don't think she is much of an actor.

She tends to play the same role but then again, you could say that about a lot of actors.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maikeru-sama;3416134 said:
I agree with that but I don't think she is much of an actor.

She tends to play the same role but then again, you could say that about a lot of actors.

I'll make sure to make a note of this, that way when WG starts putting a ban list together she will have all the info she needs. :p: ;)

On a serious note...yeah I said decent but not oscar worthy type of actor and as you said she does play some of the same types of roles like other actors.

The one that always bothered me was Juliette Lewis...she always plays the same crazy neurotic type chick and she would get good reviews for this and that and I kept thinking...why, it is obvious that is just the way she is.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3416106 said:
Ah. Should have known.

Side note, does she let you use the remote yet?

Yes, but every channel aside from The Oprah Network and Lifetime has been scrambled.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I can't stand Howard Stern. I wouldn't pee in his mouth if his guts were on fire. He isn't funny. He isn't interesting. He's basically a foul piece of trash.

But other people seem to like him.

Maybe, just maybe, the world doesn't revolve around individual opinions and other people are allowed to like whatever and whomever they want.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;3416144 said:
I can't stand Howard Stern. I wouldn't pee in his mouth if his guts were on fire. He isn't funny. He isn't interesting. He's basically a foul piece of trash.

But other people seem to like him.

Maybe, just maybe, the world doesn't revolve around individual opinions and other people are allowed to like whatever and whomever they want.

That old saying...I wouldn't Pee on someone if they were on fire.

I have used it in the past so not ragging on anyone that does.

It just is an odd phrase to use.

I mean why would you pee on someone who is on fire anyway? Would you not be better served just throwing some water, pepsi, juice or other liquids to help put the fire out. I mean I don't recall peeing on someone as a normal practice to put out fires in emergency situations so I am not sure how anyone, including myself, is making much sense in saying we would NOT urinate on someone as an example of how much we dislike them.

Would think we need to rework the saying to something like...I don't like him so therefore I would pee on him whether he was on fire or not just to show my disdain for him.

Now I am sure there has to be some history behind the saying but still it just seems kind of silly.

Oh and for the record...yes I am bored.:D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3416151 said:
That old saying...I wouldn't Pee on someone if they were on fire.

I have used it in the past so not ragging on anyone that does.

It just is an odd phrase to use.

I mean why would you pee on someone who is on fire anyway? Would you not be better served just throwing some water, pepsi, juice or other liquids to help put the fire out. I mean I don't recall peeing on someone as a normal practice to put out fires in emergency situations so I am not sure how anyone, including myself, is making much sense in saying we would NOT urinate on someone as an example of how much we dislike them.

Would think we need to rework the saying to something like...I don't like him so therefore I would pee on him whether he was on fire or not just to show my disdain for him.

Now I am sure there has to be some history behind the saying but still it just seems kind of silly.

Oh and for the record...yes I am bored.:D

I'd throw some shine on Stern but I wouldn't waste my pee on him. :D