Question about Keyshawn

Justis

Reaction score
Keyshawn was a jerk. But on the field he gave every ounce of effort. He made catches that left me gaping. And took some severe hits. The guy was a great chain-moving player as well. He's slow as hell though, and not elusive. But you can throw to him when he's not really open, for a gunslinger like Delhomme that's a god send. Also he's probably the best blocking reciever in the league.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
monstercat said:
Was he ever fast?

Nah. Not ever a burner but the guy is physical and runs a solid route. He'll block his butt off for ya too. I didn't care for KJ at all and didn't like the move when we picked him up. I will tell you this....He changed my mind in two games. The guy can, and will talk, but you bet your bottom dollar he'll back it up. You'll be happy with the addition of KJ.

Put it this way...if he was all that bad do you honestly think Parcells would put up with him?

Good luck Monstercat........see ya in the Fall.

Eskimo

Reaction score
monstercat said:
Was he ever fast?

He is slowing down some and is not getting the separation he used to even three years ago. The one alarming thing to me last year was he fumbled 3 times. That is not a good habit for a guy who makes so many catches in close quarters to develop. He previously rarely fumbled so it could be a statistical glitch.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Eskimo said:
He is slowing down some and is not getting the separation he used to even three years ago. The one alarming thing to me last year was he fumbled 3 times. That is not a good habit for a guy who makes so many catches in close quarters to develop. He previously rarely fumbled so it could be a statistical glitch.

The one in the first Eagles game wasn't his fault.

monstercat

Reaction score
All right guys. The Falcon fans are accusing me of framing my question so I will get nothing but positive responses. So please be honest...I can take it.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
monstercat said:
Hey Cowboy fans. I'm a Panther fan who's been in a debate on the Falcons board about Keyshawn Johnson. They keep saying how KJ will be a distraction and hurt our team. I was just wondering what your take is. Thanks

Falcons trolls are jealous they don't have a true #1 receiver, let alone any real threat to catch the football. Of course they need a QB that can pass and they still don't have that either. ;)

As for keyshawn, he's no TO but he's going to make the panthers a strong contender and will add a lot to the offense, last year I predicted a dallas/carolina showdown in the NFC championship game....and I'm thinking the same thing in 2006, the game at Carolina this season will be HUGE!

felix360

Reaction score
i think falcons fans a mad cuz they wanted KJ, Key is a great player, i did not want him to leave, hells no, but JJ had to much of that TO juice and decided to sign him. Oh well u have a great player .

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Signing Keyshawn made you guys instantly better on offense. You guys lacked a bonafied #2 last year, and Key will provide that, and he is an excellent complement to a guy like Smith. He brings 70+ Catches and close to 1000 yards over, not to mention a presence on 3rd down, and in the red zone.

Justis

Reaction score
monstercat said:
All right guys. The Falcon fans are accusing me of framing my question so I will get nothing but positive responses. So please be honest...I can take it.
pros
unbelievable hands, great chain mover, tall, tries as hard as anyone on the field. Not really a distraction during the season. Will fight for the ball. You can throw to him when he's not open. Great blocker. Will take the beating over the middle to give you a first down.
Cons
Slow, greedy jerk, prima donna, doesn't realize that he isn't a top flight reciever, will bad mouth your team after he's left. No longer capable of being a 1000 yard reciever.

monstercat

Reaction score
Justis said:
pros
unbelievable hands, great chain mover, tall, tries as hard as anyone on the field. Not really a distraction during the season. Will fight for the ball. You can throw to him when he's not open. Great blocker. Will take the beating over the middle to give you a first down.
Cons
Slow, greedy jerk, prima donna, doesn't realize that he isn't a top flight reciever, will bad mouth your team after he's left. No longer capable of being a 1000 yard reciever.
Great post: ya gotta love honesty!

Rockytop6

Reaction score
monstercat said:
Hey Cowboy fans. I'm a Panther fan who's been in a debate on the Falcons board about Keyshawn Johnson. They keep saying how KJ will be a distraction and hurt our team. I was just wondering what your take is. Thanks

Key is the complete WR. He has a lot of fire and an overpowering desire and will to win. He will do anything asked of him. He will block and carry out all of the assignments to him when he is not the intended target.

He makes the tough catch. He will fight for the ball. He will catch the ball in traffic and over the middle. He knows how to wall off the DB with his body. He is an asset to a team.

I WISHED WE STILL HAD HIM. Now we will have to settle for what we have.

Tricked

Fascinated
Reaction score
my favorite moment of keyshawn as a cowboy was this season VS the eagles on MNF, when he caught a ball across the middle and the eagles safety went for the big hit on him, and key knocked him out...

you should search the forum, i'm not sure if it's still up here, but you could probably find the video of it.. he's a very tough player, brings it all.. i was very sad to see him go... i too, wanted him to retire a cowboy..

key played through injuries, did whatever it took to win.. if it meant him running down the field and catching that 80 yard touchdown, or being the person who distracted the defenders so someone else could, he just wants to win

DallasDomination

Reaction score
monstercat said:
Tell them to shut up they dont know anything about KEY. He kept it cool in Big D no reason for him to make trouble in CArolina.

monstercat

Reaction score
DallasDomination said:
Tell them to shut up they dont know anything about KEY. He kept it cool in Big D no reason for him to make trouble in CArolina.

HAHAHA...I could tell them to shut but it wouldn't do any good. The Panthers-Falcons is becoming just as intense as the Cowboys-Commanders rivalry.

Actually though, I asked the question about KJ as much for myself as I did to prove Falcon fans wrong. I was admittadly(sp?) a little skeptical about the signing at first but you guys have made me feel a lot better about it.

Thanks again!

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
I wanted to keep Key.

Owens...Glenn and Key would have been nice.:(

Great pickup for the Panthers...Key did nothing but good things for the Cowboys.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
monstercat said:

Just wanted to reitterate (sp?) what most everyone else here has been saying.

I was skeptical when we first traded for Keyshawn. Thought he'd be a cancer, but he was the exact opposite. The dude likes to talk, but he is no prima dona. He works on the field, and he does the dirty work better then any other WR in the NFL, including Hines Ward.

There isn't a route he won't run, and there isn't a catch he can't make.

I would rather have Key then TO, any day of the week. You're gonna be very pleased with Keyshawn.

Tell those Falcons' fans to **** and get a clue. In my experience, Falcons' fans are mostly morons anyway.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
Not only is Key a great possession receiver, he is also a VERY stand up guy in the community towards inner city kids and handicapped kids. He gives away a TON of money and tries his hardest to do it unoticed.

His ex wife told a story on DCC one day about how he was at breakfast and reading the paper about some inner city kid in Dallas who broke his neck. That day after practice he visited his home and gave them 20,000 dollars.

He also founded "Key's Kids" in Tampa. The rap on this guy is so out of whack its stupid. He has a tiff with the TB coach and now he is labeled a trouble maker for life.

I have a feeling when he leaves Carolina, thier fans will speak as highly of him as ours do.

*Also one more thing, how many other receivers out there go in motion on running plays and help block Defensive Ends?*

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
ESPN is turning into a monster. People that don't know much about the Cowboys saw one overblown clip of Keyshawn during the Eagles in week 6 (I think) and they assume he causes trouble constantly. This is ESPN's fault. They sway so many people into thinking things that aren't true.

On a separate subject, but related to this "media is a monster" idea, I find myself feeling more and more sorry for Barry Bonds with every report I see, hear, or read on him. Athletes are at the media's mercy when it comes to the court of public opinion.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Before Keyshawn came here, most people hated him. They gave him the same smack as alot are giving T.O. But after the guy came in and did nothing but put his body on the line making diving catches while the game is already lost, and a guy that plays fullback and does whatever it takes to help his team win, we all fell in love with him.
Here's to hoping you guys hate him and send him back. :)

FRDRCK

DeWare94
Reaction score
i loved what key was able to do on the field, but what i loved even more was how he was off the field, honestly, i didn't like him at all before he came to dallas, then i realized how real he was, i would listen to the locker room interviews every week on dallascowboys.com and be lmao, he speaks his mind and he's not an ******* like many people think he is, definitley not a distraction. i remember on cbs before the broncos vs cowboys game they did a segment on keyshawn where he was helping a high school student who was peralized during a football game. its not like he just paid for everything to make people think he did a good deed, he's been helping him regain feeling and has been a good friend to him. the panthers fans are very lucky to have a player like keyshawn, i was very sad when we let him go because he earned my respect the 2 years he played w/ us, now that he's gone, he's my favorite player thats not on the cowboys.