Question for the workout people

gmoney112

Reaction score
The street name for Methandrostenolone is Dbol. I don't know the street name of Deca. The chemical structure is different than nandrolone but it isn't by much. It is enough that the latter has much less side effects.

I don't see that simple mistake as taking away from all the other 'correct' things he's had to say. JMO.

Haha, I'll just say that you and the Doc both have a lot of reading to do.

He's not correct about a whole lot of things, and he even admits, that his "justifications" can't be backed by any kind of respectable research by stating they can't be "unproven".

The fact he confused the street names of the two most popularly used compounds, suggests he's not very credible on the subject.

He also stated a dose of creatine that "lifters use", that's lower than your body produces physiologically. "30-50mg's". If he meant grams, then he's being completely exaggerative to support his own hypothesis because a normal "dose" is 5g. So his basis for his claims is a 6-10x recommended dose for 20 years, which is frankly, laughable. If I took 6-10x the recommended dose of Acetaminophen, I'd probably have liver disease in 20 years.

I very highly doubt any of his expertise in this field. If you really want an informed opinion, there's plenty of research on these topics by Chemists/Chemical Engineers/Doctor's who's specialty revolves in this area. I wouldn't get your information from a guy who plays Doctor on a football forum who's already made several inferences through his own writing that no one worth his salt in this area of expertise would ever do. Period.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Haha, I'll just say that you and the Doc both have a lot of reading to do.

He's not correct about a whole lot of things, and he even admits, that his "justifications" can't be backed by any kind of respectable research by stating they can't be "unproven".

The fact he confused the street names of the two most popularly used compounds, suggests he's not very credible on the subject.

He also stated a dose of creatine that "lifters use", that's lower than your body produces physiologically. "30-50mg's". If he meant grams, then he's being completely exaggerative to support his own hypothesis because a normal "dose" is 5g. So his basis for his claims is a 6-10x recommended dose for 20 years, which is frankly, laughable. If I took 6-10x the recommended dose of Acetaminophen, I'd probably have liver disease in 20 years.

I very highly doubt any of his expertise in this field. If you really want an informed opinion, there's plenty of research on these topics by Chemists/Chemical Engineers/Doctor's who's specialty revolves in this area. I wouldn't get your information from a guy who plays Doctor on a football forum who's already made several inferences through his own writing that no one worth his salt in this area of expertise would ever do. Period.

If you choose to ignore the expertise of a physician then I promise you won't be the first. Patients regularly dismiss informed advice and did so for close to 30 years with me across a spectrum of specialties. It's just part of human nature.

I've discussed enough things with him that I'd bet my life he's a good physician.

The disagreements between people who studied and worked most of their life in that field with lay persons just reflects the reality of life.

If you disagree then merely say so. But to be so offensive about it is unnecessary. You've said he's playing at doctor on a forum which may be a little annoying to him for you to be so insulting. He can answer for himself.

This thread has gone on long enough in the Fan Zone and we generally tolerate this some in the offseason. This thread has gone on long enough IMO esp with the sniping presently ongoing.

For several reasons I'm moving this to the Sports Zone where it truly belonged from the beginning..

LittleLexodus

Reaction score
As a member why are you asking me why questions? What evidence do you have other than you believe its impossible? You're calling me a liar and while I might choose to be annoyed with you over that I'll just consider the source and ignore your offensive opinion. Others here will find that most unpleasing and those kind of remarks lead to fights which require moderation and distract from the topic.

Perhaps saying I find it difficult to believe all that was muscle is what you truly meant to say.

As a moderator I'm going to nicely ask again that all of you stop with this bickering and personal insults.

Last warning.

I'm sorry if it came off as a personal attack. From my personal experience (weight lifting 4+ years with a decent diet structure), I haven't been able to make those kinds of gains naturally. We all train consistently and a more realistic goal for 1 year (not 3 months) is 5-7 pounds of muscle.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'm sorry if it came off as a personal attack. From my personal experience (weight lifting 4+ years with a decent diet structure), I haven't been able to make those kinds of gains naturally. We all train consistently and a more realistic goal for 1 year (not 3 months) is 5-7 pounds of muscle.

Apology accepted. If you were developed and not thin, young and underdeveloped then you're going to develop more slowly than that. There are also different ways to lift and train.

Good luck with your regimen. As long as you feel good and get stronger then you're successful.