QUESTIONS: Post your questions for FWST Columnist Jennifer Floyd-Engel

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hello all,

Jennifer Floyd-Engel, the columnist everyone loves to hate, has graciously accepted our request to answer questions from the members of CowboysZone.

Post your questions in this thread and we will submit them to her next week.

Let 'er rip. :cool:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So Jennifer I was a big fan of your Radio show and I just wanted to know what exactly happened? Why did you go off the air?

TonyS

Reaction score
Jen, what do you see changing about the CB situation in Dallas that gives us any hope that we will stop playing 10 yards off of the receiver? Is Campo going to have input and authority to make any changes in that regard?

gollum

Reaction score
Jennifer, how do you think you are honestly perceived by 1) your peers, 2) the teams you cover, and 3) your readers?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I have a feeling this is gonna be the least popular question and answer session you guys have done.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hello Mrs. Floyd-Engel,

Thank you for taking time to spend with us. I wanted to ask your opinion on Bill Parcells. Reporting on the Cowboys, during the Parcells era gives you a unique perspective on Bill. What were your impressions of Bill as the HC of the Cowboys, his interactions with the Press and your views on his success/failure here in Dallas?

Thank you,

ABQ

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;1982210 said:
I have a feeling this is gonna be the least popular question and answer session you guys have done.
The Q & As aren't all supposed to be love-fests.

Now is the time to post your question to directly challenge her views. That's why we do these things. :)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. I know you have seen our site before, how often do you check it out?

2. Do you check out this forum or others in order to gauge interest in possible articles or opinion pieces you write?

3. Originally you wrote in a specific style but then changed things up once you went on the radio. Did hanging around some cranky journalists or others convince you to turn to be more of a "shock jock" type of mentality concerning your pieces?

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
We've all heard or read the stories of female reporters being subjected to highly questionable behavior in NFL locker rooms, most notably the reporter in New England back in the early 1990s.

As a beat writer, and now a columnist, have you ever had NFL players in general, or Cowboys players specifically, do anything to make you feel uncomfortable in the locker room or even outside the locker room?

If so, how did you deal with it and was anything done about it?

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Jen, I used to love listening to you and Nate! What is your dream Draft scenario for our beloved Cowboys?

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
Why can't you play it straight? Why must you try to go with the angle and play up the LBOH garbage? I think you would get a lot more respect being the most knowledgeable Cowboys beat writer in town (and that wouldn't be hard).

Football-related question:
Is information more readily available to the press since Parcells left? Or is it equally tight-lipped out there?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Chief;1982308 said:
We've all heard or read the stories of female reporters being subjected to highly questionable behavior in NFL locker rooms, most notably the reporter in New England back in the early 1990s.

As a beat writer, and now a columnist, have you ever had NFL players in general, or Cowboys players specifically, do anything to make you feel uncomfortable in the locker room or even outside the locker room?

If so, how did you deal with it and was anything done about it?

I can answer that one for her. It was Quincy Carter.

He would only answer her questions in the nude. He was apparently mad at her articles about him. She tried to ignore it but it did offend her greatly.

Nav22

Reaction score

He would only answer her questions in the nude. He was apparently mad at her articles about him. She tried to ignore it but it did offend her greatly.
Please tell me you're not joking.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Nav22;1982457 said:
Please tell me you're not joking.

Nope, I started to post the same thing JT did, but didn't want to derail the thread. You know how Quincy threads go. :cool:

But yeah, I've heard her say that, too. People wondered why she and Mickey weren't exactly warm and fuzzy about the guy... Sometimes these guys are total jerks to media people who are only doing their jobs.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
jterrell;1982439 said:

Good Old QBall.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
jterrell;1982439 said:

Could you elaborate on the word "it" ?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
jterrell;1982439 said:

Man, that is terrible!

I just gained some respect for female sports journalists because of the type of things LBOH (and any female reporter) might have to go through. It must be tough sometimes to simply do your job dealing with some of that crap.

Wow!

Anyway... on to my question:

With more access to the team than we normal fans get... who do you think are the most looked up to members of the offense and defense? Just the top couple-three guys who the other players look up to and tend to emulate the way they practice, play and handle themselves off the field.

Thanks, Hate.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Jen, I gave you a lot of grief last year for the Camp Cupcake label. I feel rightfully so. I absolutely detested that label. I know you've also taken a lot of heat for the T Faux label on Owens who has basically been everything that you felt he could never be. What if anything have you learned or changed about whether you would apply a label to something regarding the Cowboys?